PDA

View Full Version : Camaro Z28 vs. Evo = cop in rearview mirro

joshesh
05-24-2007, 11:37 AM
So last night after coming home from the Wednesday night evo meet/FRIM meet, I took the freeway home which I never do and guess what happens - i get a cop in my rearview.

How - well I was getting off the freeway and waiting at the light to turn to go under the freeway overpass and I got next to a Camaro Z28. I was in the inside turn lane and he was in the other outside turn lane - when we made it around the turn i tried to get infront of him to make my next right hand turn coming up in a couple hunderd yards, instead he tried to gun it and not let me in. So, I in turn gun it in 2nd and leave him behind me but just then i see a cops flash his lights at us and come chasing after us in my rearview mirror. I stopped reving and just stayed in my lane not trying to get infront of the camaro - he didn't see the cops lights or just tried to outrun him for a second and rushed pased me going 50+ in a 25 zone - luckily the cop followed the camaro still accelerating while i just bogged it behind a camper van. I circled around to get away from the cop pulling over the camaro and i then see another cop coming in for backup - probably looking for me - so i just jumped backon the freeway a couple of exits away and then circled back onto the freeway and came home from a different direction. Man that was scary, i think my wingless evo might have had something to do with the cop going after the other guy. Glad that is over.

mr05evo
05-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Damn that's crazy.:D

byt
05-24-2007, 02:29 PM
damn Josh. glad you got outa there ok!

RgistRdShowoffIX
05-24-2007, 02:44 PM
wow :shock: crazy night for you D:

G-Lo408
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I bet that Turbo timer I sold you saved you, lol. Good break, I bet the camaro guy must be pissed as hell cause he only got caught :lol:

Lurk
05-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Haha nice one.

krytikel
05-24-2007, 03:20 PM
glad you got out ok man :-)

tkeirin
05-24-2007, 04:06 PM
good to hear u got out of there.

joshesh
05-24-2007, 04:42 PM
thanks everyone, i am really glad to be away from that situation safe and sound. I wont try anything like that in town again, only at the track and drag strip. I wasn't even trying to race, just get around him and turn to go home, next thing i know I look like a street racer to a cop, that was pure luck.

MarkSAE
05-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Hope you learned your lesson! Â*Next time may not be as lucky! Â*It's always a bad idea to gun it to try to pass another car that may interpret your move as trying to race.

Limeyboy
05-24-2007, 04:51 PM
technically, you just admitted to evading ;)

Fun, isnt it :D :D

joshesh
05-24-2007, 07:10 PM
i didn't know who he wanted to pull over, i guess it wasnt me and he didn't loud speaker me or anything, just flew past me and got the other guy, so i wasn't evading - just going the other direction convienently and avoiding driving past the cop.

EvoRicer
05-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I think the officer was thinking he would go after the Z28 because he thought the Z28 was trying to evade and his back up would pick you up on the way...

AWDrift
05-24-2007, 09:02 PM
glad you got out ok man :-)

+1

SilverStreak
06-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Hope you learned your lesson! Next time may not be as lucky! It's always a bad idea to gun it to try to pass another car that may interpret your move as trying to race.

The crappy thing being...is if you slow down, they slow down. You speed up, they speed up. People around here drive like idiots. Changing lanes to turn off, or merge in is always a pain in the rear in certain areas.

redevil9mr
06-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Just be careful, police can wrongfully interpret you as trying to race or speen contest.!!