PDA

View Full Version : Protein shacks from GNC

toasty
08-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Has anyone tried the stuff, and do they actually work?

evo_dadi
08-13-2004, 03:35 PM
depends on how your body's gonna react to it,i used to take those before and it went too good that i had to stop drinking them :)

toasty
08-13-2004, 03:38 PM
what? You bulk up too fast like the hulk?

warpspeed
08-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Any kind of protein shake to bulk up, it is a must that you work out. Because what would happen is that, if you don't do anykind of workout and just take the drink, it will just end up in your stomach and end up like you have a beer belly :? . and you have to be consistant on the workout. I used to do it but when the kids came along, I can't find the time to go back to the gym. :cry:

chrisw
08-13-2004, 04:13 PM
It's not about bulking up per say....

The extra protein helps put your body into a mode where it burns more fat than your storing.

Taken as part of a strict diet and regular excersize I lost over 40lbs.

But after work picked back up, I have backed off this stuff somewhat because you can start to gain weight using this stuff if you not careful.

GokuSSJ4
08-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Theres a few things to think about when using protein,
the only protein that is mainly for bulking or gaining mass will be the weigh protein and not soy.
Also to much protein will damage your body system , affecting your kidneys (in a long term) the abuse of protein can be dangerous (long term)
If you plan on using protein shakes , make sure you dring plenty of water (at least 1 galone a day) its recommended, do not abuse how much protein you take, some people think by using over 120g of proteina day will show better results. you also need to consider the protein you obtain from your meals, a better result will be eating small portions of meal at least every 3-4hrs. watching your carbs, eating plenty of greens.
If you dont eat plenty of vegetables then i would consider miracle green , you can add that to your shake. Or any other powder that provides you with all the greens that your body needs. Its not just replacing a meal and you automatic loose weight, but is also changing your eating habbitts and also watching how late you eat. I use to weight over 215lbs. I have lift weight on an off, im not a body builder . I have talked to different personal traineers as well as nutritions (sp :?) now i weight at 190lbs with some muscle :wink: i wish i had more time to dedicate to working out but working 2 jobs which equals to 14hrs a day doesnt help much.
The best way to loose weight and to make sure that you are not hurting your body is to talk to a doctor and see what things you can change from your eating habbits.