PDA

View Full Version : Sac Raceway, Wednesday August 18th

EvolvedDSM
08-15-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm going with a friend from work. He's shooting for 13's, I'm shooting for 12's ;) Anybody else interested in racing, watching or just poking fun (since I haven't been to the track in almost a year)?

I have a couple of questions for those that have been recently. Their website has conflicting times as to when the gates open. Is it 4:00 or 4:30? Also, do they sell race gas at the track or a station nearby? I'm only looking for 100 unleaded, but if I'm feeling surly, I may go leaded.

Thanks in advance and hope to see a few of you out there :skid:

LEVIII
08-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Im gonna be out there, not sure what Im gonna shoot for though cause I dont want my stock clutch to hate me so Im gonna take it easy.

As for the race gas, they used to sell it out there but I was there spectating a couple weeks ago and didnt notice any for sale. I do know they are selling it at the Tognotties on Madison and the 76 on Watt and Marconi.

You running a test pipe????

EvolvedDSM
08-15-2004, 02:32 PM
You running a test pipe????

Sometimes ;) I'll have it on Wednesday for sure.

thomas
08-15-2004, 06:03 PM
sup fellas,
ill be able to swing by. i havent been for a while now and dont got too much going on this wednesday.

see you guys out therrre.

ytsejam
08-15-2004, 10:13 PM
what time jamie?

EvolvedDSM
08-15-2004, 10:16 PM
I'll be there when the gates open. Time trials start at 5 and eliminations start at 7. Depending on how good/bad I do will dictate how late I'll be there ;)

ytsejam
08-15-2004, 10:39 PM
dammit, i am going to try to go home early on wed so i can catch up the actions.

either way, good luck man, and post those timeslips.. :)

EvolvedDSM
08-17-2004, 10:07 AM
I just called the track. The guy I spoke with assured me they sell race fuel there. He thought they offered 100, 110 and 115, but couldn't confirm nor could he quote me any prices. I guess we'll find out tomorrow ;)

NgohOiNei
08-17-2004, 12:32 PM
I may or may not show up....

I've been debating building a strictly drag use only car...
A friend of mine started building one out of a 68 Malibu Chevelle.

I could buy it off of him now but would have to park it on the street in Oakland...umm, I don't think so. I don't know where it could fit parking it and if someone tried to steal it they'd smash it into the first thing they could.

So much for that idea, I guess.

If I'm feeling saucy you'll see me in the little red corrado...trying desperately to break into the 16's, I'm sure.

EvolvedDSM
08-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Well, it was HOT! :)

I started off quite rusty, but managed to start heading in the right direction and ended up improving upon my personal best:
http://www.columbusdsm.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=56697

This was running roughly 22PSI w/ VP 103 unleaded (in the left lane). I lost first round of eliminations by .032 seconds, but stuck around with the other losers and got a total of six runs in. I managed 13.4-13.7 for the four that I didn't miss any gears, but my 60' times sucked. There was a constant aroma of warm clutch, but no signs of slipping. Tonight's festivities bring me up to exactly 50 track launches, so I'm surprised it's still holding strong.

It was good to meet you LEVIII :) Thanks again for the ice.

I spoke with Gilbert, but no sign of Tommy ;)

LEVIII
08-19-2004, 08:24 AM
I still couldnt get into a 13 sec run. I think I am too afraid of burning the clutch so I am babying it, and I missed second every run but one. Didnt someone else on the boards have a problem with 2nd gear syncro?

EvoVIII
08-19-2004, 10:11 AM
I only have that problem going into second gear when the car cold or not warm up yet.