PDA

View Full Version : Compliments on your Evo

kimmievo
08-17-2004, 11:07 PM
What are some of the compliments you have received about your Evo?

I hope to keep this as an ongoing thread, kind of like Sightings.

Tonight I was with a friend driving down University Ave. in Palo Alto, and I was at a stop light. A guy going in the opposite direction as me stopped and said that "I have a sweet ass car." He started asking questions about mods I have done and whatnot.

Anyways, it was a little ego boost for me and I drove off feeling pretty good. :)

Now, post some of your stories!

TSi_2_EVO
08-17-2004, 11:44 PM
i get the regular nice car how much it cost you etc. here and there. one incident that annoyed me was a at a birthday party and some said to my friend (which he didnt know either) "i wouldnt pay 35k for an evo (which i didnt :o ), what a waste. should have gotten a STi!" too bad i found out he said that AFTER we left the party. :evil:

Boostd4
08-17-2004, 11:53 PM
I usually get a "nice car" when I'm pumping gas or washing it out in front of my house.

Just today this kid from the high school down the street peeked in while I was installing my boost gauge and asked me all about the car.

Still isn't quite the same amount of attention that my S2000 got...but then again..that could be a good thing.

e8
08-17-2004, 11:57 PM
i usually get stares and stuff...

last comment i remember was "sweet car... i love that color"

Evo8andahalf
08-18-2004, 12:11 AM
when i leave my neighborhood or im driving around i usually get that shake of the head of dissapproval, only compliments are usually from 10 year old kids

kimmievo
08-18-2004, 12:48 AM
The day after I bought my car, my boss said "What the hell were you thinking, that wing is horrible."

Doode, you can make fun of me, but not my car. I just rolled my eyes at her and started talking to a co-worker. Now she's looking for a new car.....and I'm planning the perfect comment.
But, I am sure we all get way more compliments then we do negative remarks.

vtluu
08-18-2004, 12:55 AM
When I was up in Seattle a few weeks ago I got a lot of stares and compliments about the car; the week I was there, I didn't see any other Evos on the street (and only two at the National Tour autocross competition there) and I was doing 1-2 hours of driving (freeway and street) every day. It felt a lot like the first few weeks I had the car (Sept. '03) when they were still fairly novel around here.

Here, most people hardly notice it.

I've noticed a few people checking out the tires (Falken Azenis Sports though). The other day when I was sitting at a light a guy in a utility truck next to me rolled down the window and asked me about them.

xchoirboy
08-18-2004, 06:16 AM
Getting coffee one morning a cop asked how I liked my Evo. Most of the time I get a few thumbs up from people on the highway, mostly kids in Hondas and such.

EvolvedDSM
08-18-2004, 08:07 AM
The other day I was rolling through a parking lot and an older lady asked what kind of car it was. She followed it up with "That's cute!" ;)

08-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Eating lunch one day in Oakland, I parked the car in the front were i can see it, and it right infront of a patrol car; thinking to myself it be safe. Then as I look up, I saw a police officer stand there and checking my car out. I was like oh pls not the exhaust again. I came out and ask him what is going on? He told me nice car, asking me how much and how fast? He even told me WRX faster, lol. I stood there talking to him for like 5 min about how our evo quicker and turn better, and with samll flash it could be something special. He was kool and wan to get an STI, oh well hope he change his mind.

JanSolo
08-18-2004, 09:11 AM
When I first got my Evo, I rolled up to the Cupertino Starbucks and had lots of people checking it out. When I went to drive away, I heard someone yell out "EVO!!". The Evo was indeed a rare commodity at the time.

And then, one night I was driving up El Camino Real in Sunnyvale near the In n Out. Some kids in a WRX in front of me saw my car and yelled out "OH SHIT! EVO!!". They all started sticking their heads out of the WRX and asked me if I wanted to race.

Sometimes, people who mean well but just don't know ask me how I like my STI.

Often times, I get asked how much power I have under the hood. When I tell them, they ask if I have a V8. I tell them I do have an 8 cylinder engine that was mistakenly cut in half. That usually gets them a bit more interested.

Whooopasss
08-18-2004, 09:34 AM
First week I had my car (been a year) I parked my car infront of our office in cupertino... then the front desk lady called me and said 3 guys are taking pictures of my car.. that was cool..

as I have posted else where here in this forum, I chatted with a guy who was driving a porsche (996 I think) and he asked me to roll down my window and he said my car was nice.

But when I got my S2000 (first few months that they came out) now that car had more attention before...

I was driving around around with a friend that was ahead of me and we stoped at a stoplight (I was behind) and he was right next to a car that had 4 teen girls..he said they were screaming and looking and pointing to my car... they were saying something like "son of a b*tch!! he has an S2000... he got a yellow one too!!! F*cker!!" LOL!!!!

brwnrice
08-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Often times, I get asked how much power I have under the hood. When I tell them, they ask if I have a V8. I tell them I do have an 8 cylinder engine that was mistakenly cut in half. That usually gets them a bit more interested.

:lol:

BluEvo
08-18-2004, 01:10 PM
from the kids i always get the "oh, is that an Evo!" followed by a "oh man, it is an Evo, coolll!" or "thats the kinda car i want to get when i grow up!"
most other times it's "hey what kinda car is that, i love the color"
8)

toasty
08-18-2004, 03:38 PM
isn't is kind of stupid when people say I love the color mean "Oh!"
How can a person just love the color, The EVO8 comes in black, white, red, blue, and silver. Same as any other cars out there on the market. I think that saying is stupid, "I love the color".
:offrant: :thumbsup:

ace33joe
08-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Many people are checking out our Brembos while they are driving. Once one CHP cruiser was passing by me on highway 101 staring at the Brembo. :)

When I first bought my car in June, 03. I got more attention than now, though.

kimmievo
08-18-2004, 03:48 PM
Well, the Blue is not really a blue you see very often. It's pretty vibrant, and different looking than most of the other blues on other cars

Also, I notice a lot of people staring at the stock rims, tires and Brembos too!

vtluu
08-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Yeah, definitely get a lot of "Are those brakes/seats/wheels stock?"

evo_dadi
08-18-2004, 09:06 PM

same here but since suby's all around in my area somebody even told me that i have an sti :shock:

but so far the 2 comments that i like was from a porsche gt2 guy which im still trying to look for since i see him daily but usually in my works truck.then this other guy who asked if my evo was street legal :twisted: since he said last time he checked about the evo they werent being sold here yet.

xchoirboy
08-20-2004, 06:18 AM
This morning I see what looks like Mustang coming up to me fast from the on ramp. After a few minutes of the morning autocross on 580 :driving:
I think he figures out that he's not going to pass me. Turns out this guy is driving a band new Corba. He pulls up next to me and we bs for a few secs and gives the :thumbsup: and says nice car.

EVO GRIM
08-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Got one last night from a sushi chef in monterey.

DB8GSR
08-20-2004, 08:00 AM

Don't forget the Carbon Wing. Those 4 items are the most common if you ask me. :D

DB8GSR
08-20-2004, 08:02 AM
He pulls up next to me and we bs for a few secs and gives the :thumbsup: and says nice car.

Probably on the back of his head, he goes, "yah.. nice car for me to poop on!"

haha.. lmao. :lol: j/p

DB8GSR
08-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Oh yah.. just remembered. A porsche guy said to me once.. "nice radiator!"
*cough* it's intercooler *cough* :wink:

JanSolo
08-20-2004, 09:19 AM
I was at a Taco Bell in south San Jose and watched out the window as some kid took pics of my car with his camera phone.

jomama
08-20-2004, 09:58 AM
i had that happen to me at the gilroy outlets in front of the gap store. i asked the guy taking pics if he wanted me to lay across the hood but sadly he said no. :lol:

joe

toasty
08-20-2004, 01:01 PM
:dumas: Lay across the hook, :dumas:
Some funn things you guys say here. :peace:

twEeker
08-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Just the normal compliments to me. I'm not used to all the looks though, so half the time I'm looking around trying to see whos looking at me. Gives me that ego boost that helps me through the day.

kataklyzm
08-22-2004, 09:29 AM
dont feel bad about it being called an STi, i was at a gas station in campbell and some kids in a firebird with trans am badges(either that or it was a VERY unhealthy V-8 ) asked if it was a civic.....

old chinese guy at work said that the car is very comical..its pretty funny to hear old people talking about the evo

DRFTR8
08-22-2004, 01:21 PM
well here is another one from me...last night i was coming from karting with jerrold(brwnrice),chris(webguy) and a couple of friends at speed ring...i needed to get gas so i pulled into the gas station on montegue, when i looked ahead of me i noticed 4 cop cars...they pulled over some kids in their civic.. then all the cops look up at me and started talking to one another...after writing up the tickets they then started to walk towards my car while i was pumping gas...damn was i ever sweating bullets, didnt need them to give me a ticket or something...anyway when they got close..one of the cop complimented me "nice car can i look at it..." i told him sure but dont give me a ticket...and they all started laughing..thank god they just wanted to look....

EVO GRIM
08-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Close one, probable cause?

MR EVO VIII
08-22-2004, 06:48 PM
I was at Safeway in Castro Valley and an employee asked me what kind of car is this? What year is it? "I haven't seen this kind of car before!" How much HP does it crank out? I told him 271, he was surprised...He told me he's into muscle cars.

toasty
08-23-2004, 12:21 PM
well here is another one from me...last night i was coming from karting with jerrold(brwnrice),chris(webguy) and a couple of friends at speed ring...i needed to get gas so i pulled into the gas station on montegue, when i looked ahead of me i noticed 4 cop cars...they pulled over some kids in their civic.. then all the cops look up at me and started talking to one another...after writing up the tickets they then started to walk towards my car while i was pumping gas...damn was i ever sweating bullets, didnt need them to give me a ticket or something...anyway when they got close..one of the cop complimented me "nice car can i look at it..." i told him sure but dont give me a ticket...and they all started laughing..thank god they just wanted to look....

Too close
:thumbsup:

kimmievo
08-24-2004, 11:54 AM
My dad has always been an american muscle kinda guy; ever since I bought my Evo, I see him just gawking at it. Last night he asked me when he could drive that "bad ass mofo." Lol...it made me feel good that he likes my car!

jomama
08-24-2004, 06:29 PM
:dumas: Lay across the hook, :dumas:
Some funn things you guys say here. :peace:

Toasty, hook/hood you knew what i meant, mr. perfect. by the way, i didn't know fun was spelled with two N's or is that suppose to be 'funny'?

joe