PDA

View Full Version : Elk Grove Cops (Long)

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
I went to Golden 1 to pay for a credit card bill and on my way out I notice a cop in the turning lane making a left. So I thought to my self should I wait for a little bit or should I just go. So I thought to my self "screw it I am going to make a left his not going to get out and chase me down".

I get into the turning lane and have my turn signal on. The light turns green and I go, but I shift less than 3,000 rpm to keep it quiet as possible. Well I look in my rear view mirror and here he comes. I am heading down Elk Grove Blvd. (West bound) and there was a car behind me and behind him was the cop on a bike. Well I am shifting at low rpm's and taking my time.

Well he decides (cop) to over take the car behind me and turn on the red and blue as soon as he gets behind me. So make sure it was safe to pull over and pull over on the side of the road.

He comes up to me and says "Do you know why I pulled you over?" and reply "Nope". He said he pulled me over for my exhaust anf then ask me what is that electronic thing. I tell it's a turbo timer and he tells me it's illegal you can not have any electronics that control the engine management. I explain to him how it works and then he says I'll let the State Ref decide if it's legal or not and have State Ref to see if that exhaust is legal or not. At this time all I can heaer is money flying out of my wallet.

Then he ask me about my exhaust and I tell him it's just a cat back. The next queestion is what have you done under the hood and I tell him nothing. So he asks me to open the hood and I do. Then he says do you have CARB sticker for that intake and I tell him that's stock and that's my intercooler pipe. He says ohhh okay and then proceeds to look around. Then he says go ahead and close the hood and when it's safe have seat in the car.

He comes back and says "Since it's your birthday I'' just give you a fix it ticket for the exhaust and you don't have to take it to the state ref.

I don't know if it's just me, but Elk Grove cops are just cracking down on any little thing there is. Man this is quite upsetting.

steevo8
06-26-2007, 09:28 AM
cops everywhere are cracking down on everything, but at the same time cops everywhere arent cracking down on anything. Its not the area its the individual. Everywhere has cops that target certain things, some speeding, some stop sign violations, some exhaust, some loud stereo's ect. It just so happens that you found the one who is out for people with modded cars.

PANGES
06-26-2007, 09:37 AM
That sucks. At least he didn't send you to reff.

whtrice
06-26-2007, 09:39 AM
What kind of exhaust you running? TP or catted

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 09:42 AM
cops everywhere are cracking down on everything, but at the same time cops everywhere arent cracking down on anything. Its not the area its the individual. Everywhere has cops that target certain things, some speeding, some stop sign violations, some exhaust, some loud stereo's ect. It just so happens that you found the one who is out for people with modded cars.

It seems like El Grove is pulling people over for modified and it doesn't matter if it's legal or not. My co workers son got Â*pulled over and he just bought a used Integra. To make a long story short the cop wrote down a lot of violations and when he went to the state ref the ref said everything is legal and meet California laws. Then he went to court for the ticket and the judge said that'll two hundered and he told the judge that everything is legal and the state rf smog the car and was with in specification. He now has to go to another date for his hearing.

That sucks. At least he didn't send you to reff.

Yeah that is true.

PANGES
06-26-2007, 09:45 AM

It seems like El Grove is pulling people over for modified and it doesn't matter if it's legal or not. My co workers son got pulled over and he just bought a used Integra. To make a long story short the cop wrote down a lot of violations and when he went to the state ref the ref said everything is legal and meet California laws. Then he went to court for the ticket and the judge said that'll two hundered and he told the judge that everything is legal and the state rf smog the car and was with in specification. He now has to go to another date for his hearing.

That's stupid. Good luck to your friend. Why does he have to have another hearing date?

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 09:46 AM

Titek o2 housing (which the cop luckly didn't see) RSR Downpipe (gets rid of cat) and RSR GT II cat back.

PANGES
06-26-2007, 09:47 AM

Titek o2 housing (which the cop luckly didn't see) RSR Downpipe (gets rid of cat) and RSR GT II cat back.

Cops just really like the canister exhausts or anything with an even remotely big tip.... I got pulled over alot of my Tanabe Touring Medallion that was painted black.

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 09:48 AM

It seems like El Grove is pulling people over for modified and it doesn't matter if it's legal or not. My co workers son got pulled over and he just bought a used Integra. To make a long story short the cop wrote down a lot of violations and when he went to the state ref the ref said everything is legal and meet California laws. Then he went to court for the ticket and the judge said that'll two hundered and he told the judge that everything is legal and the state rf smog the car and was with in specification. He now has to go to another date for his hearing.

That's stupid. Good luck to your friend. Why does he have to have another hearing date?

The judge said that his car is not with specification of smog and he showed him the paper work that the ref smog the car and it passed. So the judge said so its that mean your saying you are not guilty and he said yes. Now he has to go back another date to show that everything on the car is legal and meets within specification.

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Cops just really like the canister exhausts or anything with an even remotely big tip.... I got pulled over alot of my Tanabe Touring Medallion that was painted black.

The RSR canister is not that big at all. Compared to other companies out there.

nightwalker
06-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Fuck Elk Grove cops. Fuck them F3ck them F#ck them. If you know someone who is an Elk Grove cop tell him to go hang himself

PANGES
06-26-2007, 09:56 AM

The RSR canister is not that big at all. Compared to other companies out there.

Ya. But the problem is, to them, a canister is a canister.

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Fuck Elk Grove cops. Fuck them F3ck them F#ck them. If you know someone who is an Elk Grove cop tell him to go hang himself

ha ha :lol: I take it you had bad experience with them.

steevo8
06-26-2007, 10:13 AM
^^^ funny kid you are. Why dont you tell us how you really feel?

nightwalker
06-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Long story short, I got pulled over twice in Elk Grove by the same cop, two page ticket both times. Got everything knocked off in court. Waste of my time and money. Is it because I'm asian and I drive a lowered import?

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Long story short, I got pulled over twice in Elk Grove by the same cop, two page ticket both times. Got everything knocked off in court. Waste of my time and money. Is it because I'm asian and I drive a lowered import?

I know what you mean about the asian part and lowered import.

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 10:38 AM
^^^ funny kid you are. Why dont you tell us how you really feel?

I plee the fifth :lol:

Positron
06-26-2007, 10:42 AM
move back to san jose Curtis..jk...but yeah, sorry bout your incident. I had my fair share of pull-overs within my first year of having the Evo IX.

http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=13017.msg175310#msg175310

-JP

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 10:56 AM
move back to san jose Curtis..jk...but yeah, sorry bout your incident. I had my fair share of pull-overs within my first year of having the Evo IX.

http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=13017.msg175310#msg175310

-JP

Hmmm sounds intriging... back to the bay.....:D

steevo8
06-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I got pulled over by a asian female cop and got a fat ticket about a year ago..... That stupid b!tch!!! I just realized that its cause Im young white and was breaking the law... WOW now that I really think about it I have only been pulled over by a white cop once.

uhoh_evo
06-26-2007, 01:07 PM
My cousins said something about cops not being able to send us to get smogged? Maybe it's just in Tracy. But reason being is that they have to do it on an awd dyno for us and they can't make us go hella out our way to get to one.

Again, this is what I was told.

steevo8
06-26-2007, 01:11 PM
awd doesnt have to pass a dyno smog every other year like rwd or fwd, we only have to pass a sniffer test, that doesnt have anything to do with sending you to a smog ref though.

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
My cousins said something about cops not being able to send us to get smogged? Maybe it's just in Tracy. But reason being is that they have to do it on an awd dyno for us and they can't make us go hella out our way to get to one.

Again, this is what I was told.

Yes this is true for not many shops have a awd dyno. AWD vehicle only have to do a idle speed smog. Vehicles that are fwd, rwd and 4wd vehicles have to smog on the dyno. When I say 4wd I mean for trucks or cars that are able to disengage (mechanicaly) the fwd so that it only runs on rwd.

uhoh_evo
06-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks guys!

esco
06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I'll tell you str8. He pulled you over cause your in an evo on elk grove blvd where a little kid was killed by some dumbass russian in a salvage bmw racing. Thats why. And I took my car to the ref, its free. I went to the one off northgate. The turbo timer was fine. i have a hks on mine. its only illegal if the car is wrongly modified at the time. He had nothing on you, dont kid urself. He was just an ass. I fucking hate police like that. they pull us over for noise pollution yet they do nothing about fucking loud ass harleys. WTF! Its 95db for the state maximum.

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Bikes in general. I think how it's dumb for bikes to roll around with stupid loud exhaust and nothing happens to them. Domestic can also get away with loud a$$ exhaust

slimdatwelve209
06-26-2007, 05:07 PM
hey i feel u mang it the same thing here in STOCKTON nothing different if they aint pulling you over they will at least be muggin striaght right at your car passing by

uhoh_evo
06-26-2007, 05:28 PM
The reason older domestica can get away w/ runnin loud exhausts is because they can say their car never had a cat so it could be straight pipe.

Yet, I d/k about the bikes. I always said I'd be a cop and crack down on them but didn't wanna deal w/ the repercussions of making one biker upset. They roll deep! I'd be afraid for my life!

PANGES
06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Yet, I d/k about the bikes. I always said I'd be a cop and crack down on them but didn't wanna deal w/ the repercussions of making one biker upset. They roll deep! I'd be afraid for my life!

Maybe us Evo owners should start rolling REALLY deep then. Whenever someone has to get groceries, we'll make it a meet and roll 20 Evos to Safeway. Then they'll be so scared, they'll stop harassing us. :lol:

whtrice
06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
^^^^Â* :lol: Lets roll and get some twinkies and sh~t..

Maybe us Evo owners should start rolling REALLY deep then. Whenever someone has to get groceries, we'll make it a meet and roll 20 Evos to Safeway. Then they'll be so scared, they'll stop harassing us. :lol:

slimdatwelve209
06-26-2007, 06:06 PM
hey im koko for COCO PUFFS

uhoh_evo
06-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Uhmm... I dun see us putting up much of a fight. Bikers use chains, bats and machetes and stuff. What we got? Flying headbutts and unscrewable antennas?

Liquid-R1
06-26-2007, 06:19 PM

Someone forgot to tell the Sheriff that pulled me over. He said I was going 60 in a 45. He called backup and I was by myself. He also took a Polariod picture of me and my bike. He said in case I decide to run next time, they can identify me... WTH? Didn't I just pull over?

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 07:28 PM
hey i feel u mang it the same thing here in STOCKTON nothing different if they aint pulling you over they will at least be muggin striaght right at your car passing by

I know what you mean hella muggin f en rubber neckers

mr05evo
06-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Do a little grocery shopping and roll hella deep hell yeah....:D no more muggen

esco
06-26-2007, 08:21 PM
a chp pulled me over on my bike, for speeding and I had a fix it ticket that I needed signed off for a light for the license plate. He walked up, basically let me have it then i asked if I could get it signed off......He looked and me and I guess I stumped him and he said what? Lemme see. And he signed it, got back on his bike and we went our seperate ways, he forgot about the ticket. WIN!

CHP= Overpowered AAA agents.

warpspeed
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Elk Grove is one on the cities that got extra grants to combat street racing:
http://www.kcra.com/newsarchive/13553707/detail.html

nightwalker
07-06-2007, 08:03 AM
COMBAT street racing!?!?! BWAHAHAHAAA!! No one street races in Elk Grove, except the occasionaly stop light battles. More people die in their bathroom from accidents than people do from street racing.

They should have gotten a grant to combat DUI, what about that?

crctslt
07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
a chp pulled me over on my bike, for speeding and I had a fix it ticket that I needed signed off for a light for the license plate. He walked up, basically let me have it then i asked if I could get it signed off......He looked and me and I guess I stumped him and he said what? Lemme see. And he signed it, got back on his bike and we went our seperate ways, he forgot about the ticket. WIN!

CHP= Overpowered AAA agents.

Esco you are my hero.

crctslt
07-06-2007, 09:19 AM

I know what you mean hella muggin f en rubber neckers

Do what I do. When law enforcement officers look at me with a little too much interest I drive the speed limit, use my blinkers, you know all those things that you are supposed to do. Then I look at them and smile and wave :)

steevo8
07-06-2007, 11:00 AM
I like the smile and wave thing myself. I know a few cops in the area and I have been pulled over for the smile and wave and they said they thought I was flagging them down and "sending help signals" lol. Knowing people helps some times though as i have yet to get a ticket for the smile and wave... CHP on the other hand lol. they are always the last to cut you slack, got searched for the smile and wave cause my diet coke looked like a silver bullet.

Damanc
07-06-2007, 02:43 PM

Or they will cum in their shorts at the thought of fucking with so many evo owners. :lol:

AFM754
07-12-2007, 10:02 PM
F*** ELK GROVE POLICE. Same shit happened to me, except I was not lucky enough to get off cause of my birthday. Bottom line is that its bullshit, these guys are power pushing assholes, its rediculous. Especially when they dont even know what they are looking at but always assume its "illegal"

I had to go to ref because of elk grove motorcycle cop, state ref fails me the first time due to a "turbo timer" WOW BUNCH OF BULLSHIT. I think some people should start taking action with all this crap.

mr05evo
07-13-2007, 09:12 AM
WOW he failed you for the turbo timer

esco
07-13-2007, 09:49 AM
WOW he failed you for the turbo timer

i passed with my hks.....

AFM754
07-13-2007, 01:11 PM
I have apexi turbo timer and he failed me cause he said it splices into ecu to read out afr, still a bunch of crap. Has nothing to do with emissions. OH well second time to state ref in 6 months, both time for no reason, no speeding or wreckless driving or anything, simply because my Evo looks "modded" is why I was pulled over.

The Evo is now garaged and gets driven maybe once a month :(

Lurk
07-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Is it because I'm asian and I drive a lowered import?

The short answer would be Yes. :lol:

TSimage
07-22-2007, 12:53 PM
What I do for pesky cops is if I think for any reason a cop is tailing me I'll pull into a private parking lot like a gas station restaurant etc, park my car and wait for him to pass. Nothing they can do but leave and maybe go wait for you down the road. I just watch em take off and then I go the opposite direction. (A cop once followed me into a gas station and aprked his car, it then became a waiting game Eventually they'll get called to go somewhere else. That or park your car and have a friend come pick you up.

If I see a EG cop (one guy in particular that patrols calvine road area is a fag btw) I'll speed off, no way in hell they'll catch me. I had an idiot cop chase me around the neighborhoods by florin HS. I know that area like the back of my hand. The cop eventually gave up.

nightwalker
07-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I could of sworn they were all fags.

mr05evo
07-24-2007, 11:50 AM
ha ha true that :lol:

esco
07-24-2007, 12:03 PM
last nite i was on calvine doin about 90 (in traffic), went right past a cop and he didnt even do anything, i coulda swore i was fucked.

mr05evo
07-24-2007, 12:23 PM
ha ha yeah I know what you mean last week Friday I was heading up 99 North to 24 hours off of Bradshaw and was doing a good 85 cruising and a cop got next to meet and looked at me. Then he continues on. I could have sworn I was about to be popped.

rocket_man
08-06-2007, 10:03 AM
The reason older domestica can get away w/ runnin loud exhausts is because they can say their car never had a cat so it could be straight pipe.

The reason for exhaust tickets is noise. It's the loudness that matters. A loud car/bike is a loud car/bike and should be considered so no matter what make or platform. Noise is noise.

On another note: Cops DO racially profile and they DO watch the minorities. The only thing "white" they watch for are white cars. I know a guy who used to work for law enforcement with CHP buddies.

rocket_man
08-06-2007, 10:06 AM
"I have apexi turbo timer and he failed me cause he said it splices into ecu to read out afr, still a bunch of crap. Has nothing to do with emissions. OH well second time to state ref in 6 months, both time for no reason, no speeding or wreckless driving or anything, simply because my Evo looks "modded" is why I was pulled over.

The Evo is now garaged and gets driven maybe once a month "

So I guess the cops win in this case...