PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to introduce myself

Revolver
08-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Hello all,
I just wanted to introduce myself. Not sure if this is the right spot for that or not, but what the hay… My name is Nathan and I am located in Sacramento. I’m not a current EVO owner, but plan on being one within the next year. I’ve spotted quite a few around town and at Sac Raceway and drool every time I see one. I currently own a silver Toyota Tacoma with a TRD supercharged V6. I guess you could call it somewhat of a “sleeper” :) . I’m maxed out at 14.5 e.t.s with lousy traction (hopefully remedied soon) and will be installing water injection shortly.
http://www.customtacos.com/gallery2/data/511/701-med.jpg

But I digress, I’ve been lurking the boards for a little bit because I’m pretty sure (99%) that my next car will be “family oriented”. No one said that a family car had to be slow, right? :twisted: My criteria for “4 doors and fast”, has led me here. I see that the MR model will be coming out soon. I like the idea of it, but it looks like it’ll be just out of my price range. The RS looks to be a great choice and I like the idea of an active front diff, but it will be a daily driver, so "stripped down" is not my idea of fun, especially in the Sacto heat. This would necessitate the A/C and stereo option which would not be a problem. The EVO seems to be a split difference, but I’m not opposed “upgrading” the RS with the bits of the EVO that I would want (HID lights). Any suggestions are welcome.

Maybe I’ll see some of you out at the track. I’d be happy to grudge against a stock EVO to see how close, or far away, a match my truck is. And, if you wouldn’t mind a Toyota guy crashing a party, I’d love to see your EVOs up close and ask a few questions.

Thanks,
Nathan

garrick70
08-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey Nathan,

The truck looks great! I think everyone would be cool with you crashing a party. Everyone I have met from the norcalevo.net group has been very friendly and helpful.

BluEvo
08-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Nathan, welcome to the boards. a supercharged truck, thats sweet! keep a look out on when the sacto guys meet up. i'm sure they'd be glad to let you peep out their Evo's and answer any questions you may have. we're also having out monthly meet on 09/05 in milpitas. good luck on getting your Evo soon!

T

JanSolo
08-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Sweet truck. Ever race any Ford Lightnings?

Revolver
08-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all the freindly replies!

garrick- Thanks!

BluEvo- I was eyeballing the 9/5 Milipitas meet actually. I have to go to Auto RnD to order a new rim anyway. I bent one of my Rotas on a rather large pothole. :cry:

Jan- I have yet to race a Lightening head to head, but I'm about .5 off the pace of the guys I have seen at the track. Again, that's mainly due to traction issues. My 18" rims and 40 series tires are working against me. It is quite fun surprising the hell out of Mustangs and Camaros though. :lol:

Whooopasss
08-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Alow my self to introduce... my self.... richie cunningham and this is my lovely wife opra...

anyway.. welcome!!

GReddy_917
08-22-2004, 02:25 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/6172/photos/austin04.jpg

Welcome!! Its all shits and giggles in here.

toasty
08-22-2004, 04:38 PM
welcome to the forums

kimmievo
08-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the group!

TSi_2_EVO
08-23-2004, 12:59 AM
welcome....nice toyota!

SouthernCrane
08-23-2004, 03:06 AM
Welcome, and nice truck. I wish the truck I drive everyday looked like that.