PDA

View Full Version : I want to start data logging/road tuning need information

oneillevo
07-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Ive been reading a bit lately on just data logging and road tuning and getting a bit confused. Gonna get a tactrix cable soon, as I think it would be a good investment for future mods. As far as I know I am able to download my stock ecu flash to my computer via EvoScan? Then I can load EcuFlash to tune and/or use other flash files (i.e e-mail flash's)

Basically I want to be able to better understand these graphs and readings that Ive seen so many times on this board and EvoM. Any resources or information will help.

turbotiger
07-05-2007, 01:57 PM
You use ecuflash (free) to download, edit, and reflash back to your ecu.
You use evoscan to datalog and graph the logs ($25). You can also use mitsulogger (free) to datalog, but you would need another program such as Data Log Lab ($40?) to graph, or if you're good with excel, you can use that too.

evoluntionm.net has some good resources in the ecuflash section.

oneillevo
07-05-2007, 02:04 PM
HEHE Sorry got my programs mixed up.

Im decent with excel, not my expertise though. I think EvoScan from what I have read is a worth while purchase. Didnt they just release a new version? I really need to pay attention to how many different sections there are on EvoM. LOL Thanks will look into it.

Anyone else like to chime in?

PANGES
07-05-2007, 02:06 PM
turbotiger pretty much got it. lol.

XVeloX
07-06-2007, 11:01 AM
If you want just the basics, you could use mitsulogger and excel, but i found it very hard to look at a bunch of columns after a while.

Next step up would be mitsulogger or EvoScan (i personally like evoscan, but mitsulogger has huge advantages too) and DataLogLab which makes logs very easy to read and see where stuff was good and stuff was bad. Much easier to tune by.

The only step further imho would be to purchase a wideband (like innovate's or zeitronix) and both companies offer boost and EGT as well. With the DL-32 from innovate and an LC-1, the options are pretty endless, not to mention they are always expandable. If i could do it over i would get the innovate system, even though it's a bit more expensive to do all the above. But just the wideband alone is fairly cheap and supposedly one of the best on the market.

Just my 2 cents though...

homi mike
07-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I am using evoscan now just for random datalogging, it's a useful piece and I like it alot. Might as well get a JDM 3bar map sensor so you can read boost thru your ecu.

Also this is very important, it happened to me so I don't want anyone to repeat my mistake. ALWAYS WRITE DOWN YOUR CAR"S IMMOBILIZER CODE before you start messing with differerent maps with your ecu from difference sources.

Good luck.

oneillevo
07-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I am using evoscan now just for random datalogging, it's a useful piece and I like it alot. Might as well get a JDM 3bar map sensor so you can read boost thru your ecu.

Also this is very important, it happened to me so I don't want anyone to repeat my mistake. ALWAYS WRITE DOWN YOUR CAR"S IMMOBILIZER CODE before you start messing with differerent maps with your ecu from difference sources.

Good luck.

Since your always in town, want to teach me all this stuff sometime?

turbotiger
07-06-2007, 02:22 PM
actually, copy your stock rom and keep it somewhere safe, in multiple places.