PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over by a CHP...

Lurk
07-13-2007, 10:52 PM
On my way to meet a friend earlier, I got pulled over by a cop while driving on the I-80 near Emeryville. I was going a little bit faster than the flow of traffic, so I figured he was going give me a speeding ticket. Crap. So I pulled over and he comes over and says "Do you know why I pulled you over"? To which I reply "No, actually I don't know why". Then he tells me, "Because I've always loved these cars". :shock:

Doesn't ask for any license/registration, etc. Just asked me how much the car costs and what year it was. I couldn't believe it. He pulled me over just to chop it up about the Porsche. He goes on to mention how he's always wanted one but his wife would never let him get one, she thinks it's too small, they got kids, etc. Hahah. I tell him he should get a Cayenne Turbo then to compromise. :D He was a SUPER chill guy. Genuinely into cars.

Later on I asked him if they go after imports a lot, and he said "Well, we go after everyone, but if you stand out then you're an easy target". So I asked him "what do you mean by stand out"? He replied "Well you know those kids that fix up their hondas with the big gigantic wings and loud mufflers, basically them. But you should be okay in this car". Whew! Glad they're not targeting Euro cars now, just rice rockets. :lol:

I looked at the clock and told him I had to get going, he was like "okay no prob, but rev it up before you take off". Hahah, I was happy to oblige and gave her a good rev to 7k and took off with a wave out the window. That was one cool cop. Wish more were like that.

Hot8Evo
07-13-2007, 11:01 PM
On my way to meet a friend earlier, I got pulled over by a cop while driving on the I-80 near Emeryville. I was going a little bit faster than the flow of traffic, so I figured he was going give me a speeding ticket. Crap. So I pulled over and he comes over and says "Do you know why I pulled you over"? To which I reply "No, actually I don't know why". Then he tells me, "Because I've always loved these cars". :shock:

Doesn't ask for any license/registration, etc. Just asked me how much the car costs and what year it was. I couldn't believe it. He pulled me over just to chop it up about the Porsche. He goes on to mention how he's always wanted one but his wife would never let him get one, she thinks it's too small, they got kids, etc. Hahah. I tell him he should get a Cayenne Turbo then to compromise. :D He was a SUPER chill guy. Genuinely into cars.

Later on I asked him if they go after imports a lot, and he said "Well, we go after everyone, but if you stand out then you're an easy target". So I asked him "what do you mean by stand out"? He replied "Well you know those kids that fix up their hondas with the big gigantic wings and loud mufflers, basically them. But you should be okay in this car". Whew! Glad they're not targeting Euro cars now, just rice rockets. :lol:

I looked at the clock and told him I had to get going, he was like "okay no prob, but rev it up before you take off". Hahah, I was happy to oblige and gave her a good rev to 7k and took off with a wave out the window. That was one cool cop. Wish more were like that.

You should get his name and # so we can invite him in a evo meet to lure him to buy an evo...

PANGES
07-13-2007, 11:18 PM
damnit... "big gigantic wing and loud muffler".... Sounds alot like my Evo... =/

overdrive
07-13-2007, 11:56 PM
That was a good read... I didn't know there were cops like him that existed. I thought there were all oink.. you know what... LOL!

Anyways, your lucky bro!

tkeirin
07-14-2007, 12:47 AM
nice.....haha.

a couple of us met one cop at dcmp awhile ago was really into cars too, and came from the east bay too. maybe it's the same person...haha :D

jeffreywrc
07-15-2007, 04:50 AM
damnit... "big gigantic wing and loud muffler".... Sounds alot like my Evo... =/

That's why I was switching from RSR GT2 to Apexi Noir catback, but I cant stand evo without a wing.

steevo8
07-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Its always nice to hear about people coming across cool cops but I dont really think he was justified to pull you over cause he wanted to check out your ride. It just seems kind of rude to pull someone over to bs about their car.

redevil9mr
07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
You are lucky man to run into a cool cop. BTW, if a cop turn on his red and blue light on me, it going to be a fix it ticket or a speeding ticket.

HighBreadEH3
07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I had one cop pull me over in my civic and ask me to pop my hood. I guess he was a n00b cop or something and asked if i had any mods. I told him that i swapped the motor out and put on an intake but i told him that i had the bar sticker from the state ref for the motor swap and a carb sticker for the intake. He was really cool and complemented me for doing the right thing and reffing your car.

Kings Fan
07-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Where's the BS flag when you need it... haha jk

MarkSAE
07-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Now that I think about it.. most of the "driving fast" type accidents I've seen on the street involve some dumb kids driving riced out cars. Most of the cars I've seen on the road doing idiotic things, like weaving through traffic are imports. The ratio of "tuner" cars vs. higher end euro sports cars involved in these types of incidents is much higher for "tuner" crowd.

It's the perception cops have of our group as a whole. Just like how specific ethnic groups are perceived to have more criminals.

Lurk
07-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Now that I think about it.. most of the "driving fast" type accidents I've seen on the street involve some dumb kids driving riced out cars. Most of the cars I've seen on the road doing idiotic things, like weaving through traffic are imports. The ratio of "tuner" cars vs. higher end euro sports cars involved in these types of incidents is much higher for "tuner" crowd.

It's the perception cops have of our group as a whole. Just like how specific ethnic groups are perceived to have more criminals.

+1924873249024

Cops are also less likely to bother you about trivial stuff like no front plate/window tint, etc if you're driving a more "upscale" type of vehicle. None of my friends with Euro cars or SUV's ever get bothered about having dark window tint by any cops. But people I know that drive STi's, EVOs, etc always get harassed by the Popo about the lamest things.