PDA

View Full Version : do NOT watch OPEN WATER...

thomas
08-28-2004, 11:52 PM
what a freaking waste of time, money and space...

do not watch this movie, its soooo stupid. of course, thats my opinion, but if y'all want to go watch, g'head. dumbass, freaking waste of time.

came out of the movie pissed...that rarely happens.

if anybody wants spoilers, ill be more than happy to tell you guys...

Whooopasss
08-29-2004, 12:42 AM
I'm watching hero in the morning...

nebolic
08-29-2004, 12:57 AM
if you plan to watch Hero, you should go to the asian stores and buy the DVD, it is still subtitled but it is not edited and cut. The version released in the theatres is somewhere 26 minutes shorter than the original release. Oh and if you get confused with the story let me know, I can explain.

Nebo

Whooopasss
08-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Is the Hero in DVD the same? i was told it wasnt and it was not directed by quintin T (on DVD)

chris
08-29-2004, 02:07 AM
i got the dvd haha, actually my friend let me borrow it. yeah i had to watch it twice to get the story.

evo_dadi
08-29-2004, 07:09 AM
man quentin just slapped his name on that movie,ive seen hero last year when it came out on asian video stores.but im curious to see it tho to see the difference that he did and how they dubbed it.

nebolic
08-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Quentin Taratino DID NOT direct the movie. Man these guys, all he did was buy the rights from the chinese to release it in the united States so that he can edit it and have it subtitled.

:)

Nebo

evo_dadi
08-29-2004, 08:53 AM
hey thomas so how was open water ;) was it kinda like castaway with a lot of coconut conversation :)

thomas
08-29-2004, 02:30 PM
hey thomas so how was open water ;) was it kinda like castaway with a lot of coconut conversation :)

thx marcel for bringing this thread back onto topic! haha.

i was gonna go watch HERO, but as well as some of y'all, i also have the dvd, so i went and watched open (waste of money) water. ha.

it sucked ass. but unlike castaway, most of it was in "open water" and the couple talking to each other, instead of coconuts and that damn volleyball. castaway was better. this movie is by far the worst movie i have seen in a loooong time. word up!

OT: wonder why quentin edited it so short, approx. 26 min! damn...

JanSolo
08-29-2004, 02:33 PM
The reviews for Open Water have mostly been positive (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808564806&cf=critic&intl=us). What gives, Thomas? What did you see that the reviewers didn't?

thomas
08-29-2004, 02:36 PM
well since i started this thread, mine as well drift from it too...

i think this was posted already, but i just recently saw "legend of speed" in chinese, c english subtitles. i think someone had already posted a thread about this, but im juss way too lazy to look for it. and since this is becoming a "movie" thread, i thought id share it with you guys...

pretty good movie, i thought it was better than FnF. cars were cool, but i wished they couldve showed more racing and buildup of the cars...

nice evos too, and that mines subie...its alrite. that sucks for sky, that his lady and mechanic died. this was the first chinese movie ive seen that had so much intimacy in it? is that true? homegirl was half naked with her tongue down the doods throat! haha, i like.

thomas
08-29-2004, 02:39 PM
The reviews for Open Water have mostly been positive (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808564806&cf=critic&intl=us). What gives, Thomas? What did you see that the reviewers didn't?

thoma$ - movie critic for sac bee

"this movie sucked ass, like big ass. what a waste of time. you know these things never happen. why dont they clean the boat the same nite instead of waiting till morning. things just dont fit. yes, very disturbing. if i didnt pay to watch it, i would have left waaaay early."

rating (F-)

e8
08-29-2004, 02:53 PM
should go watch napolean dynamite

nebolic
08-29-2004, 02:57 PM
yeah legend of speed is tight, best one i like is full throttle, (motorcycle racing), that movie is the shiznit. Damn, if people are interested in "asian" movies, I'll host one up in my pad soon so we can enjoy the crazy asian movies.

P.S in case you guys wonder, chinese movies are filmed, editied and released in a 3-5 weeks process where as american movies takes 9 months + to produce. That's why in asia the budgets are smaller and more abundant movies come out.

My recommendation is "full time killer" and "infernal affairs" both bad ass movies, actually the highest grossing movies in asia back when it was produced.

Nebo

evo_dadi
08-29-2004, 05:58 PM
dude infernal affairs a tight movie!!! might as well watch gen-x and gen-y cops while youre at it ;)

what i liked in legend of speed was the tape match a la initial d ;) too bad somebody died ;)

another good movie that i liked was goodbye mr.cool,from being a thug to a good guy.the finale was really good!!

leif
08-30-2004, 12:39 AM
check out the whole young n dangerous series. hk triad movies..

GokuSSJ4
08-31-2004, 09:51 AM
i saw Hero , i wasn't aware that they had or it had been made before. IMO it was not what i expected it, the stories kept repeating themselves.
"No, this is what happen" "No, this is what truely happen" "No, in reality this is what happen"
As far as Cast away , it was a great movie . but im sure open water doesn't compare to it since they dont have Wilson in it :P

nebolic
08-31-2004, 10:41 AM
okie heres the quick run down, do not read this if you do not want Spoilers for the Movie Hero
Hope this makes more sense why it kept repeating itself.

Jet Li (Nameless) goes to the emperor and tells his story of what happened (a total lie) of how he killed the assassins.

It then recaps on truly what happened (Jet Li confronts the assasins and tells them he needs their help and fake their deaths in order for him to get close enough to kill the emperor)

The Emperor tells the story as it is and that's why you see it being recapped 2-3 times.

The main point is that Jet Li is actually colluding with the Assassins so he can get close enough to kill the emperor.

Nebo

EvoVIII
08-31-2004, 10:55 AM
Acutally there is a new movie in Hong Kong just a month ago that is about the same as Hero, but in a more action form and less complicated, this is a big movie too, now is showing in Hong Kong, China, Japan.. here is the link http://us.yesasia.com/b5/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1003684750/pname-The-Making-Of-House-Of-Flying/aid-9/section-videos/code-c/version-all/did-106/

Irreversible
08-31-2004, 11:07 AM
yeah its called house of flying daggers (US title)

its called "lovers" in japan...

looks like its gonna be a good one too

thomas
08-31-2004, 11:44 AM
HERO > open H2O

open H2O sux (___;___)

haha, LOL.

NgohOiNei
08-31-2004, 12:20 PM
HERO RULED! It was a visually stunning movie, sadly I know such little Mandarin that it made it hard to watch, going between the subtitles and the beautiful scenery.
My favorite scene was where the woman is standing in the midst of falling yellow leaves and then they change to red.

Open Water looks like the "Blair Witch Project" but it water. I'll pass that one up. Looks like a waste of my time and it'll probably give me an anxiety attack.

I loved "Legend of Speed". Is that with Andy Lau, I forget...
Good story.

nebolic
08-31-2004, 12:23 PM
legend of speed is with Ekin Cheung, its actually called legend of speed 2 (cause it shares the same chinese name but not the english name, yeah it's wierd). The andy lau one is called Full throttle and they Honda NSR motorcycles.

Nebo

ob4
08-31-2004, 01:29 PM
hero is a very good movie! i saw in in hk about 2yrs ago and ended up also buying the vcd for it. i particularly like the first battle sequence between jet li and yan chi dan (the blind guy).

-ob4

EvoVIII
08-31-2004, 01:53 PM
ob4 u speak chinese? I can't even remember their chinese name....especially Mr. yan chi dan

ob4
08-31-2004, 01:54 PM
of course, i am from hk :D

EvoVIII
08-31-2004, 01:55 PM
Oh i c, lets meet up and we will rule all the Oakland Hayward Union City area with our Evo hahaahaaaaaa

ob4
08-31-2004, 02:05 PM
ot, i know 3 other guys from hk that owns an evo...

nebolic
08-31-2004, 03:07 PM
dude I'm from HK too.

Nebo

08-31-2004, 03:23 PM
seem like more asian movies become more popular and better than some cheap budget american made. I tjust liek NBA is being invaded by forein players. I love Chinese movies ever since I was little kids. Hopefully they will release Shaolin Soccer too, that one freaking funny movies will put American comedy to shame

Irreversible
08-31-2004, 03:39 PM
dude shaolin soccer was released in theaters a few months ago (even though i've owned the asian dvd version for 2 years now).

anyway heres a link to the american dvd (chinese version is on there as well).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000286RNY/qid=1093991922/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-2357591-6793440?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

ob4
08-31-2004, 04:10 PM
dude I'm from HK too.

Nebo

ng guy gi duc nei duy di kong chan pin kam yau yin sic... haha

-ob4

EvoVIII
08-31-2004, 04:39 PM
oh whos the other 3 Evo owner? are they around here too?

ob4
08-31-2004, 05:07 PM
2 guy is on this board, but they are hardly on... the other guy are not on this board.

they all rarely drives the evo... just like me... i've have the car for over 1 yr now, and it's less then 6k miles.

-ob4

nebolic
08-31-2004, 07:32 PM
dude I'm from HK too.

Nebo

ng guy gi duc nei duy di kong chan pin kam yau yin sic... haha

-ob4

hahah yeah dude, my brothers girlfriend works at TOP CD in milpitas, he's supplies me with hella movies. :)

Nebo

warpspeed
08-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Hey Nebo, you think you can get me a copy of Hero the Original version by the time of the meet? over here in Fairfield there is not much Asian video stores.

leif
08-31-2004, 08:18 PM
i saw um, i think its called model or supermodel when i was in hk.. pretty funny, shud check it out.

thomas
08-31-2004, 08:18 PM

dude I'm from HK too.

Nebo

haha, me too :werd:

i AM an import, haha.

nebolic
08-31-2004, 08:49 PM
i saw um, i think its called model or supermodel when i was in hk.. pretty funny, shud check it out.

yeah its called "I want to be a model" best scene in the movie was "the dog".

Warpspeed, yeah I can get a copy, the asian stores at the meet are like less than 10 mins away from Auto R n D.

Nebo

ob4
08-31-2004, 11:34 PM

dude I'm from HK too.

Nebo

haha, me too :werd:

i AM an import, haha.

no sh1t!