PDA

View Full Version : track time this weekend for $40!!!!

brwnrice
08-30-2004, 10:05 PM
well, it's a track alright but it's an indoor go-kart track. since it's going to be long weekend coming up i'm just wondering if anybody would like to have some seat time at speedring. 20% discount will be given to a group who have 4 or more people which is $40, regular is $50.

1. brwnrice

Boostd4
09-01-2004, 08:41 AM
What day are you thinking about going?

DRFTR8
09-01-2004, 08:47 AM
yeah jerrold.....oh yeah BTW jerrold has ALOT of seat time at that course so expect to get eating and lapped about 4 times ask chris(web) he know....for me i just ate the tire when i came in too freaking wide

brwnrice
09-01-2004, 10:42 AM
i'm thinking saturday at 2pm to avoid the crowds later on that afternoon and evening.

i havent been there since last year and they recently resurfaced the track. it's a lot more grippier than what i remembered, you can barely drift now. i suggest bringing your own driving gloves because the gloves they provide is booty.

brwnrice
09-01-2004, 08:19 PM
yeah jerrold.....oh yeah BTW jerrold has ALOT of seat time at that course so expect to get eaten and lapped about 4 times ask chris(web) he know....for me i just ate the tire when i came in too freaking wide

you guys were going to slow hence the lap times :P

webguy330i
09-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I might be down jerrold, not sure yet.

Yeah I was :oops: about gettine pwned last time. Retribution is mine!!

DRFTR8
09-02-2004, 04:52 PM
^^ man jerrold was doing laps before we got geared up...so he was familliar with the track by then

brwnrice
09-02-2004, 04:59 PM
it's not a matter of course familiarization just driving talent that will make you win :P

DRFTR8
09-02-2004, 05:36 PM
oh thats what it is ha????..OK so who is goin?

e8
09-02-2004, 06:13 PM
it's actually a matter of kart familiarization. :P

Karting is great and requires lots of skills. A lot of the things you learn in a go-kart can directly be ported over to road racing. That's how it was for me at least.

brwnrice
09-02-2004, 07:02 PM
it's actually a matter of kart familiarization. :P

Karting is great and requires lots of skills. A lot of the things you learn in a go-kart can directly be ported over to road racing. That's how it was for me at least.

yep! e8 is right, body weight distribution, throttle modulation needs to be improved for a fast time on a go-kart.

bdking57
09-03-2004, 04:03 PM
powersliding go karts is fun

brwnrice
09-03-2004, 05:54 PM
yes it is :skid:

brwnrice
09-04-2004, 02:44 PM
okay, i'm going to speedring at 4pm and be on the 430 sprint heat. see you guys there! 8)

halz
09-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Damn.. wish I had read about this on the weekend!

Ahwell. I'm thinking about going to speedring tonight; supposedly, the really, really fast people are there on Tuesday nights. Low 27 second laps, I think

And these 'fastest drivers' at speedring are girls. Strangely enough, they don't take advantage of 'ladies night' on wednesday. Hmpf!

brwnrice
09-07-2004, 01:44 PM
OMG, alex came out from hibernating! yep, tuesday is when all the fastest drivers come out even during lunch time (two for tuesday). went to speedring on a tuesday night one time and surprisingly there were more female drivers there than guys. i can never forget a female driver named January that night since she lapped me 3 times plus she have this enormous ferrari logo on the back of her helmet. asked, one of the marshals there her info and they said she is a professional ferrari challenge series driver. if i remember correctly she held the track record there last summer.

thx247
09-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Last night there was an F1 driver there down for the Laguna Seca race this weekend. Everyone was running 27's, one guy got into the 26's a few tenths off the track record. Guh.

brwnrice
09-08-2004, 05:11 PM
:shock: :shock: that's a very fast time for that track!

halz
09-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Speedring has student discounts now! A practice session was $20, instead of $25 ..and apparently they don't do the military discount, anymore.. (or, the guy behind the counter was a newb)

The track is in great condition.. has consistent high grip, enough to hurt my poor little ribs. I don't think I can do any more damage to my times, until the track stops doing damage to me.

Tuesday indeed brought out the fast folks.. finished mid-pack in the last session of the night. The only incident during the session, where someone had spun out going into the hairpin after the long straight away, and where I spun out trying to slow down enough so I didn't hit him head on, ended up loosening my muffler somehow, according to one of the guys working there.. I was really surprised at how much it robbed the kart of power, though. There was a distinct change in the tone of the exhaust (so it sounded even MORE like a lawn mower), and it was noticeably short on power coming out of low speed turns.. the just took a long time for the engine to 'spin up'. So yes, not all karts are equal :P

thx247
09-09-2004, 08:43 AM
He's just making excuses...27.4 or something was it? haha