PDA

View Full Version : Champ Car Race - Laguna Seca Sept 10-12

ZENTRAEDIevo
08-31-2004, 10:25 AM
Champ Car World Series at Laguna Seca on Sept 10 - 12

any EVO owners coming out?

Come stop by our trailer [Jensen Motorsport] and say hi.. the team will be running a Toyota Atlantic car and my Formula BMW car.. come out and support the #1 open wheel series in the states..

Robbie Montinola
www.montinola.com

ZENTRAEDIevo
09-06-2004, 10:44 AM
anybody? haha.. well we will be there... driving the evo up there too... see you guys out there

Robbie
DSport Magazine

EVO GRIM
09-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Got any extra tickets lying around? Vip passes?

evo_dadi
09-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Got any extra tickets lying around? Vip passes?

:werd: :buds:

brwnrice
09-06-2004, 11:16 PM
i want some pit pass! j/k...what does a formula bmw car looks like?

halz
09-08-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm planning on showing up on Sunday.

ZENTRAEDIevo
09-08-2004, 01:07 PM
we dont get any passes we have to buy them all...

heres a pic of my racecar.. its like a mini F1 car..

http://www.montinola.com/01.jpg

Stop by our trailer and say hi. its a Blue trailer in the Toyota Atlantic pits...

Robbie Montinola
www.montinola.com

WOT
09-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Good luck out there. Do you atlantic guys get to run traction control?

I am curious to see if aj almendinger is capable of hanging with bourdais @ laguna........Maybe another zanardi type pass from '96???????

almendinger was about 3 feet too late from becoming a hero instead of a zero @ montreal.

ZENTRAEDIevo
09-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Atlantic cars dont have tration control.. just a lot of aerodynamics that produces a lot of downforce...

AJ is a good buddy of mine.. we both grew up at Laguna so im sure he will do well..

see you all there.. will be a fun weekend of racing.. and for all the drifters there is a Formula D drifting exhibition...

Robbie

brwnrice
09-08-2004, 05:12 PM
we dont get any passes we have to buy them all...

heres a pic of my racecar.. its like a mini F1 car..

http://www.montinola.com/01.jpg

Stop by our trailer and say hi. its a Blue trailer in the Toyota Atlantic pits...

Robbie Montinola
www.montinola.com

nice daily driver! why dont you bring that car to one of the socalevo meets robbie? :wink:

thx247
09-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Find out if that was AJ at speedring this last tuesday =)

I'll be there as well, we'll see if we can stop by.

halz
09-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Stopped by the trailer a number of times and didn't see you.. :(

I asked a guy that was downloading telemetry, or something, with a laptop, and he said you would probably just be 'around' in the paddock.. I figured riding around on some sort of scooter.
There was one point, near lunch-time, where I thought I saw you and your lady-friend walking away from the trailer, but there was a doubt in my mind, so I didn't act.

Turns out AJ didn't fair so well after all.. He qualified 4th, made it to 3rd, and then just went down from there. 3/4 of the way into the race, we saw him make a small off after #6, and a few laps later, we didn't see any more of him :/

brwnrice
09-12-2004, 10:05 PM
missed all the action :cry: sucks to have just basic cable :roll:

ZENTRAEDIevo
09-13-2004, 09:00 AM
yeah i was in and out of the trailer... bad weekend for both myself and aj.. i believe he had contact with Servia and bent his suspension so he was forced to retire.

ill be back next year hopefully in the Toyota Atlantic car.. sorry i missed you...

thanks.
robbie

EVO GRIM
09-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Big thanks to brian for the ticket and lunch!

We met some peeps from humbolt county with a 11 second evo, hopefuly the make it to this site. We were working the guy at the advan tent for specs on their tires.

halz
09-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Some pictures I finally uploaded.. http://www.4whldft.com/lseca/

Yes, most of the pictures suck. Alot of the camera-friendly spectating spots were taken.. trying to get a fast-moving object through chainlinks is hard!

DRFTR8
09-21-2004, 03:50 PM
WHAT!?!?! NO pictures of any umbrella girls?