PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Anyone in the Sonoma area have a brake line wrench? 10mm Line wrench

savaho
08-25-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm here in Sonoma and we ran into a snag trying to take the rubber brake line off on the passenger side. The nut keeping the line on is stuck. Does anyone have a 10mm line wrench that we can borrow? We don't want to strip the nut. Give me a call 9162078078

jbfoco
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
dude... pep boys... kragen...napa... sell flared brake line wrench

Go to the napa auto parts in sonoma and buy one.

savaho
08-25-2007, 05:25 PM
dude... pep boys... kragen...napa... sell flared brake line wrench

Go to the napa auto parts in sonoma and buy one.

went to napa auto. too bad the line wrench didn't help and now the brake line fitting is stripped.

fiaevo.com
08-25-2007, 06:43 PM
do you need a stock line just so you drive that thing home?

mtsevovii
08-25-2007, 06:52 PM
do you need a stock line just so you drive that thing home?

sounds like he couldnt get the stock line off :shock:Â* :? that sucks..

VINO EVO
08-25-2007, 08:42 PM
yeah the problem was on the side that had the whole in the line. the fitting was all gunky and you know mitsubishi 10mm's they tend to realy be a pita. so we just litteraly ripped the hardline out and took the one off of my jackstand queen. put the new ss lines on from the hardline to the caliper and bam problem solved the evo way. when in doubt just break it and replace with something slightly newer.

jbfoco
08-25-2007, 10:12 PM
vice grip.

Matz
08-25-2007, 10:51 PM
+1 on the vice grips, but I know you guys already solved the problem. I *almost* had to use some on yesterday's job, but luckily the WD40 penetrated and allowed me to get the 10mm nut off. That thing was almost rounded, and I have no idea what happened during that part of the previous brake line installation.

VINO EVO
08-25-2007, 11:50 PM
a vice grip would have worked perfectly to get it off but then theres the issue of tightening it back up and vice grips arent the most reliable for something that critical. as a result from bad luck it needed a specialty evo part and only another evo on jackstands could fit the picture.

VINO EVO
08-26-2007, 12:08 AM
and we wanted to borrow one because my car doesnt drive, his car wasnt driving so we were just wondering if someone in the area could have dropped one off. i didnt even know there was a nappa in sonoma, we called kragen they were out of them. hardware store had never heard of one before, my tools are at my school and irl is going on this weekend so i cant get to my tool box. just look at what tools we had to work with. it was kinda a sper of the moment ordeal. and yes i am ashamed of my self to atempt getting this off with out a line wrench every other time i have done ss lines on a evo i didnt have acces to my line wrenchs and theyall turned out fine.

ps i have only lived in cali for a little over a month so i was unaware of napa auto parts the cabby actaully told us about it. great place by the way very good sales guy he new exactly were everything was. in and out real quick.

VINO EVO
08-26-2007, 01:03 AM
does anyone else get the irony in this..... a napa in sonoma...roflmao

trinydex
09-07-2007, 09:11 PM
it's a flare nut wrench it's just as common as a box end wrench at sears etc.

tam@xperformance
09-12-2007, 04:07 PM
What trinydex said; just get a flarenut wrench from OSH/Harbor Freight/etc. A vise grip may work but will damage the fitting.