PDA

View Full Version : a very productive weekend

ob4
01-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Got a lot done this weekend...
installed the samco i/c hose, and turbo intake hose.
changed out the tranny, transfer case and diff oil with redline.
wrapped the downpipe.
installed the perin pipe.

also got a copy of the service manual in pdf format off ebay... now i know the torque spec for every bolt in the car :D

all i need to do is put everything back.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=671553

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=671555

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=671557

DB8GSR
01-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Nice... looks great!! http://images.honda-tech.com/set1/smile/emthup.gif

vtluu
01-10-2004, 09:13 PM
all i need to do is put everything back.
... and figure out why you ended up with 3 bolts left over! :lol: j/k Nice job!

leif
01-10-2004, 09:28 PM
sweeet

howiEVO8
01-10-2004, 09:55 PM
looks nice! :)

evo_dadi
01-10-2004, 11:21 PM
ok terry now time to show your car around on the 24th :)

howiEVO8
01-11-2004, 12:08 AM
is that stuff thermo wrap?

JanSolo
01-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Nice job. I love the way the Samco's look. Are the Samco's bigger than the stock? It looks like they are, but I've been known to be wrong too often for my good.

I was pretty busy myself. I got my dp, exhaust and Cusco lower tie bar installed.

blitzkrgCT9A
01-11-2004, 01:35 AM
looks nice ob4.

sorry for hi-jack, but I got a set of black samco IC hoses (for evo) for sale. :) let me know if you guys are interested! :)

JanSolo
01-11-2004, 01:56 AM
Since Cal here works for Gruppe-S, maybe we/you/whomever should consider putting a Gruppe-S section up with sale items and all that here for your local customers. ;) Special deals for your extra special customers!

ob4
01-11-2004, 03:28 AM
thanks guys!

tam, yea where the hell do those dam bolts go...

howiEVO8, i got the 2" thermal wrap from speed merchant and that stuff is expensive, but then again, speed merchant is an expensive place to shop. since the downpipe is only about 2 in away from the output of the turbo, it's better the wrap it and hopefully everything will run cooler.

jan, the samco ic hose hose is pretty much stock sized, but i didn't measure it. hopefully they will not expand as much as the stock hose when under boost.
the turbo intake hose is definately bigger than stock but I doubt it will help as the size of the maf and the turbo inlet is still same. but at least, the inside of the intake hose is smooth.

evo_dadi, i will definately bring my car on 1/24, i plan on having shiv tune my car. now i need to make sure that my car can still start, as i disconneted my plugs and hoses... :lol:

cal, do you guys carry the greddy racing full ti exhaust? that exhaust is only 9lb, and looks very sweet.

need to get back to finding where those 3 bolts goes...

-Terry

ob4
01-11-2004, 03:36 AM
jan, for the cusco v2 lower tie bar, do you have any problem with it hitting your downpipe? btw, what downpipe do you have? I have a monster sport dp, and i need to put a couple of ~1mm washers to give it more clearance. does the cusco tie bar seats lower?

thanks,
terry

xchoirboy
01-11-2004, 03:37 AM
niiice - looks as though you were plenty busy.

JanSolo
01-11-2004, 11:03 AM
jan, for the cusco v2 lower tie bar, do you have any problem with it hitting your downpipe? btw, what downpipe do you have? I have a monster sport dp, and i need to put a couple of ~1mm washers to give it more clearance. does the cusco tie bar seats lower?

thanks,
terry

I have the Helix downpipe that Gruppe-S is selling.

Initially, it was hitting the Cusco bar, but that was because I didn't put any washers in. So, I put in 1 washer for each bolt and now there is no hitting, no rattling, nothing - though I have noticed that my once chrome and shiny dp is now turning gold from all the heat from the turbo.

blitzkrgCT9A
01-11-2004, 12:56 PM
hey ob4,

Greddy racing full Titanium exhaust will be released shortly. I will keep you updated! yes its very light weight and the quality is top notch! :)

chris
01-11-2004, 01:06 PM
dang that looks hella nice