PDA

View Full Version : Check out this STi/Evo battle on S2Ki

Boostd4
09-16-2004, 05:05 PM
You'll have to read through the S2Ki stuff as well as the Naisoc and EvoM boards...some funny reading.

You'll notice that I stood up for the NorCalEvo and SoCalEvo guys in the S2Ki thread :D .

Enjoy....(btw, thanks for the link Wilson)

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235020&st=0

JanSolo
09-16-2004, 06:01 PM
And Wilson should thank me who should in turn thank Chris in SD from SoCalEvo. :D Six degrees and in this case a bit less.

wilson1
09-16-2004, 06:11 PM
And Wilson should thank me who should in turn thank Chris in SD from SoCalEvo. :D Six degrees and in this case a bit less.

Thanks to Jan!!!!

evo_dadi
09-16-2004, 07:02 PM
lol dude the guy that started that thread is a troll on the srtforums also and is just starting up shit as usual :)

DB8GSR
09-16-2004, 08:53 PM
weeepee!

http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/6f/d5/f5_1.JPG

Tarmac02
09-16-2004, 10:27 PM
as far as the mitsu sending ringers comment.... what a bunch of BS

at the AWJ dyno day I watched 2 STis put down 235 while a stock evo put 240.... yes they're overrated and we're underrated. Fact is that the STi was pinging like crazy when it was first released. Subaru then offered a reflash that got rid of the pinging, but owners said the car felt slow afterward. So an STi with the reflash is actually putting out more like 280... the '05 is no different but the new revised center diff and helical front help the acceleration make the car feel like it's at full 300hp.

Gruppe-S
09-17-2004, 12:56 AM
rumor has that JDM Spec-C is coming pretty soon .. its the 2.0 liter..not the unproven U.S spec 2.5liter motor ;) ooohhh watch out!

GReddy_917
09-17-2004, 12:23 PM
rumor has that JDM Spec-C is coming pretty soon .. its the 2.0 liter..not the unproven U.S spec 2.5liter motor ;) ooohhh watch out!

WOW...that would seriously piss off all the peeps that already purchased an STI cause they thought the 2.3ltr was "so powerful"....hahah lolol

nebolic
09-17-2004, 07:59 PM

i thought one of the reason they didnt bring the 2.0 liter over was because of emission problems. Man if the Spec C come's over, Mitsu better put their game together and bring the FQ.

Nebo

Tarmac02
09-18-2004, 05:53 AM
I don't know how true that is. The biggest reason they went to the 2.5 for the U.S. STi is they can barely get the ej20 to pass emissions in the first place. The standard wrx has 3 cats. '04 wrxs have an enormous pinging problem which one of the media insiders that logs on Junkies is working on getting a reflash issued for. Subaru did everything they could to get the ej20 here and it runs like shit on California gas to the point where the adaptive ECU will no longer raise timing back to stock after a few tanks of bad gas without an ECU reset. How bad??? After 3 tanks of CA gas the WRX Ecu retarded timing 7 degrees and stayed retarded when a tank of good gas was put in. At this point the WRX isn't running the 227 factory advertised HP but rather 200-210. The ej20 is a dirty engine... I don't know how they would come out with a more powerful version of it over here. Why do you think every "performance" model in the Subaru line-up is now using a 2.5 liter turbo.

JanSolo
09-18-2004, 09:16 AM
He's not kidding. My wife's 04 WRX always felt like it was pulling timing until we threw the UTEC in and took out the uppipe (the cat before the turbo).

Tarmac02
09-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Exactly ... the car should run right from the factory. If Subaru either should have tuned the car for worst case scenario (CA gas) or should have a 49 state and a CA edition. Other companies have done this before. One of my buddies saw a ~15awhp gain after resetting the ECU, same day, same dyno... bone stock no mods. My old wrex had a decent amount of mods and would leave my Evo behind on the stock turbo (good tuner/not Al) so I know a little about the wrx and it just seems REALLY unlikely to me that they would bring a more powerful version of that engine over here. If they do a spec C over here in the U.S. it won't be the JDM Spec C... it would likely be on a different engine.

Maybe a U.S. Spec D(isplacement) with a Crawford 2.6 or 2.8 engine that many of my subie friends have played with.

Evil EV0
09-20-2004, 08:49 PM
LOL, I had to post on that thread since were on the S2K board :) Im (well the wife) is Quik S2K over there.