PDA

View Full Version : new xbox game review

jomama
09-17-2004, 09:15 AM
i just picked up burnout 3 for xbox last nite and i must say it's one of the best games i have ever played/seen :D . stayed up until 1am this morning playing which is pretty late for me since i have to be at work by 6am.

this game is so fun, you get rewarded with boost for how extreme/dangerous you drive :skid: . besides being a race game, there is also a game where you earn money and style points trying to create the biggest crashes/pile ups. during crashes you can put it in slow-motion and direct your car into on-coming traffic (ie cars, trucks & semi's on the road not racing) or other cars you are racing against to slow them down or take them out of the race. this is not a racing simulator like grand turismo where you can tune the cars. the cars in this game come as they are and you win faster cars by winning races and the crash games. there is so much to do in this game, i can't wait to get home and play. From what i hear the on-line play is just as good or even better.

anyways, just wanted to let you guys know if you are looking for a new game to buy, this is the one. trust me guys, i haven't been this excited about a game since metal gear solid, you will not be disappointed.

joe

DRFTR8
09-17-2004, 09:59 AM
what cars are in that game... i was planning on getting that for my nephews but they want EVOs,Skylines and such in game or they wont play it... specially the little guy..hes only 5 and he wants cool cars..cuz he can sit there all night playing the Rally game..

toasty
09-17-2004, 10:28 AM
This game has no manufacture's names of any car.
There are body styles like the Toyota Supra, the Nissan Skyline, and even and old style mustang.
I believe that you could early a oval racer and a hot rod but I have not gotten that yet.
This game is really fun, but DAMN harder and harder it gets, word of warning, you will get fustrated.

toasty
09-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Just got the game called FABLE, it is like a RPG adventure game, whcih you can progress from early childhood to an old person. This game also have the player choose there alignment, between good and evil things you do. You can do bar drinking games, charity thing to help children out in need. You can also steal things,... etc....

You can do lots of things. Almost infinate number of things.

This game will hit the store in a couple of weeks, but I got my copy from places that I dont want to mention.

Have Fun !!!

jomama
09-17-2004, 10:49 AM
the cars in burnout 3 are made to look like compact sports cars, muscle cars, trucks and suv's. no brand names here due to the crash games. i don't think car companies would want to be represented in this type of game where your rewarded with style points and money by using their cars to create huge crashes/pile-ups/mayhem.

street racing syndicate has the cars your nephews want but the reviews were not great. check out www.gamespot.com for reviews on games, they're usually right on with their reviews. they gave burnout 9.5 out of 10. i give it a 10+1. :D

joe

vtluu
09-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm waiting for Forza Motorsport, Microsoft Game Studios' supposed GT4-killer. http://www.xbox.com/en-us/forza/default.htm

jomama
09-17-2004, 11:26 AM
i played GT3 last week and forgot i had like 9 billion dollars in the bank. what a big cheater! i had bought pretty much all the cars and tuned them to the max. no wonder my excitment there didn't last long.

Forza Motorsport does look good but will it be better then GT4???? We will just have to wait and see.

joe

toasty
09-17-2004, 11:51 AM
For Forza Motorsport, you want playablity and play back value.
If you get the game for just looks. Then GT4 is not that kind of game. GT4 has all of the above and more I hope, since I played it at the recent E3 convention. I cannot wait till the finish product to come out. I still perfer GT4, since I have played all of the previous GT, GT2, and GT3 games.

nebolic
09-17-2004, 07:57 PM
dude i got burnout 3 too last week, i'm at 71% completion. I got the trash truck. hhahahha that thing rocks. And I'm gonna go pick up Fable too, it's in the stores already. looks like a cool game. Also got to pick up Final Fantasy Online's expansion pack, chains of promithia. Damn so many games, so little time.

Nebo

Boostd4
09-17-2004, 10:06 PM
You guys really need to try this with the GT wheel...makes the game so much more fun...

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/boostd4/gtwheel2.jpg

vtluu
09-18-2004, 12:11 AM
For Forza Motorsport, you want playablity and play back value.
I'm going to use it to practice driving the Nurburgring Nordschleife, so that when I get over there someday I can borrow an Evo FQ and run a sub-8-minute lap time. :lol:

WRXTodd
09-18-2004, 01:19 PM
hey Toasty, FABLE is one of the best games i have played since Neverwinter. The game release nationwide i think on the 14th. I got mine wednesday. I already have like 15 hours logged in the game.

evo_dadi
09-18-2004, 07:04 PM
srs does get boring easily but wht keeps me playing it is unlocking the videos where the model dances from having clothes on to barely ;)

toasty
09-20-2004, 12:21 PM
WRXTodd - well I dont know about the 15 hours in to the game, but I have been playing it when ever I can, I have about 8 hours in already, this FABLE games get very addicting to play, I think people who like of love RPG - action/adventure types of games should give this game a try.

Just one word "FUN".