PDA

View Full Version : DP/02 housing gasket issue

Darqnez
09-16-2007, 11:07 AM
OK so yesterday I installed my ebay style 02 housing (managed to do this while leaving mani/turbo on the car) , I have a works 3" DP which has a completely shot donut. Now that DP uses a metal adapter that fits the DP onto the stock 02 housing pictured here:

http://www.darqsoul.com/D/evo/donut1.JPG

http://www.darqsoul.com/D/evo/donut2.JPG

This adapter would NOT fit the 02 housing outlet as they seem to be the same size, meaning they have the same inner diameter so the 02 would not slip inside the adapter, actually I was able to get the stock donut onto the outlet of the 02 housing with some persuading involving a mallet....i dont think i should have had to do that.

so the problem is that when I go to bolt up the DP to the 02 outlet i realize the spring bolts for the Works DP are now too long since the adapter also served as a spacer, I then find some spring bolts that are short enough but once connected I am not liking how close to the DP is to the bottom of the car (acd/transfer case or whatever).

I started the car and sounded crazy, I have to be leaking from the stock donut on this DP as its very loud with a WAP WAP WAP noise in that area.

Any of you ever have this issue before? Is the 02 housing i got not correctly sized at the bottom? seems to me it should be exactly as the stock 02 housing and the adapter ring and works donut (although obviously needing to be replaced) should fit.

PANGES
09-16-2007, 11:07 AM
It's because your car is GG. Welcome to the world of the GG Curse, Chris. ;)

Darqnez
09-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Fuck that I aint cursed, and wtf is up with the 42 second reply man? lol come over here and help if you have nothing better to foo!

PANGES
09-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Damn. You live so far away though!! lol. What do you have left to do? I gotta take my gf shopping today, because she found out about my shopping spree that I had yesterday at Speed Element.. :(

Darqnez
09-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Its all back together, i just need a solution to this issue and i am hoping its not "get a new o2 housing because yours in screwed" so theres really nuthin to help me with, we gotta go to fremont and get center caps and take my girl to fry's anyway so no worries.

PANGES
09-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Its all back together, i just need a solution to this issue and i am hoping its not "get a new o2 housing because yours in screwed" so theres really nuthin to help me with, we gotta go to fremont and get center caps and take my girl to fry's anyway so no worries.

JB Weld? :D

Darqnez
09-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Now see. its answers like this that explain why your car has so many issues.... :)

PANGES
09-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Now see. its answers like this that explain why your car has so many issues.... :)

Good point... let me re-phrase that post.... I really meant JB Weld, reinforced by ducttape, which is also secured by zip ties.

Darqnez
09-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Naturally.....i assumed as much...

Now if only someone besides my good friend the post whore would reply..... sigh...

Good point... let me re-phrase that post.... I really meant JB Weld, reinforced by ducttape, which is also secured by zip ties.

player67
09-16-2007, 12:41 PM
well...there's 2 reasons why you had fitment issues:

1.) donut gaskets often warp so getting a new one won't hurt
2.) EBAY

That's weird though the spacer on the works downpipe Ive never seen that before...doesn't work///

Darqnez
09-16-2007, 01:27 PM
i didnt get it off ebay, I got it from 1SloEvo which he had on his car, i say "ebay style" since they all look the same, iono where it came from.

well...there's 2 reasons why you had fitment issues:

1.) donut gaskets often warp so getting a new one won't hurt
2.) EBAY

That's weird though the spacer on the works downpipe Ive never seen that before...doesn't work///

whtrice
09-16-2007, 01:41 PM
I too have a 3in WORKS DP. During my Titek O2 housing install, Tommie at GST opened up the donut a bit to recieve the O2 housing output. My donut was still in good shape. Seems to work OK.

Darqnez
09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
opened up the adapter or the donut itself?

My donut is way bigger than the 02 output so im thinking you mean the adapter plate thing, I was thinking on the way driving home just now that I could grind that thing out to make it fit onto the 02 outlet..... still need a new donut though so looks like ima have to call WORKS for that.

I too have a 3in WORKS DP. During my Titek O2 housing install, Tommie at GST opened up the donut a bit to recieve the O2 housing output. My donut was still in good shape. Seems to work OK.

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-16-2007, 06:28 PM

My donut is way bigger than the 02 output so im thinking you mean the adapter plate thing, I was thinking on the way driving home just now that I could grind that thing out to make it fit onto the 02 outlet..... still need a new donut though so looks like ima have to call WORKS for that.

AKAIK, the oem donut should be the same size as the o2 outlet. Perhaps it is bored out to accomodate the WORKS doohickey?

Darqnez
09-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Yeah the reason im suspicious of my 02 housing is not only did the works adapter not fit, but neither did the stock donut, sounds like whiterice had the same issue with his Tomei though.....

I think Ill have to bore out the works adapter somehow and then get a new works donut ( its 3.75in on the flat side and has an internal diameter of 3inches, the adapter is 3.75 for the top hat and then the tube is 2.5inch) i think if i could get it machined to 2.6 inches it would be perfect.

AKAIK, the oem donut should be the same size as the o2 outlet. Perhaps it is bored out to accomodate the WORKS doohickey?

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-16-2007, 06:40 PM
whtrice has a titek. His didn't fit so hot with the works DP either. very very very close to the TC. We recommended kart boy hangers.

whtrice
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Ooopps..yea adapter thingy...Reused the donut. Maybe they have a solution other then selling their O2 housing. Course that would be a fix but would be costly. Let me know what you find out.