PDA

View Full Version : Bogging down.

twEeker
09-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Well, I'll get right to it.

I bought an injen intake w/intercooler piping around a month ago, and screwed up the maf during the install, and well, long story short, I had to get a new one. I got a new one a few days ago, put it in, the cel light went away, and I was thinking everything was back to normal. It seems to bog down at idle any time the radiator fan comes on, if I turn on the headlights, if I try and roll the windows down when they are already down(I only know this because for that split second before I take my hand off the switch, it bogs), or use the ac. It doesn't seem to really effect the car while doing these things during driving, only at idle. I have an apexi turbo timer, and I can check the volts(I asume thats what unit it's in) of the battary. It usually sits at normal idle, with none of these things on at around 13.8-14.3 volts. With any or all of these things, it will drop down to 12.7, a couple times like 12.4. I installed one of evo dadis grounding kits today, hoping it would cure it, bit it didn't. I'm thinking maybe some how I drained the battary, and it's not putting out the power it should. There is no cel, and I've disconnected the negative terminal about 3 times since it started doing this. Any ideas to how to fix this? Is this just what I get for putting an aftermarket intake on? Sorry for the long read, but this is the only place I can turn to right now. Thanks.

EvoVIII
09-17-2004, 06:00 PM
maybe is the battery or the alternator

evo_dadi
09-17-2004, 06:38 PM
if the battery's drained just drive it around for a few days since the alternator will charge it up.since both the battery/alternator is still fairly new so i doubt the problem would be there.

brwnrice
09-17-2004, 08:25 PM
it probably is the intake kit chris. try raising your idle to see if eliminates the "bogging".

twEeker
09-18-2004, 05:36 PM
Not sure where to raise it, guessing theres an idle control near the throttlebody? It might actually work because when I give it light pressure on the gas and raise it up to 1300rpm it doesn't bog down at all.

EvolvedDSM
09-19-2004, 09:13 AM
So a search for BISS on here. I've posted it at least twice now ;)

twEeker
09-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey thanks. I searched all around evom, and I did look a little around here, but just not hard enough. That diagram was exactly what I was looking for. I saw it while looking under the hood yesterday, but didn't want to start unscrewing just in case.

I might hold of for a few days adjusting it, it may be going away. I was idling for like 10 minutes at the starbucks drive through, and it didn't bog at all, But then later on today, I was idling in the parking lot and it did. I'm hoping it is just getting used to it, but if I have to mess with it I will.