PDA

View Full Version : Undercover...

lncrevoviii
09-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Don't know how many people have seen this but yesterday on 880 heading north near Great Mall exit I seen a black ~2003 Jetta on the road and behind it a silver ~1999- ~2002 Toyota 4 Runner.

I thought it was a crash. On closer inspection the 4Runner had pulled over the Jetta.
The 4Runner looked like a typical everyday 4Runner but with flashers in the tail lights and headlights. It had tint in the back window but not the front window. Totally unmarked.

Watch out for this one.

Positron
09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
lately i've a handful of undercover cars making arrests on peeps. they do probably have an arrest warrant though.

one time i was behind a late 90s mustang convertible. it had the police interceptor emblem on the trunk and visible wire from trunk to rear mounted flasher unit.

uhoh_evo
09-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Was the land cruiser marked? Wasn't there cases over a year ago about being pulled over by unmarked vehicles? I believe those vehicles had the little red siren lights but that was all. I remember on the news that we were encouraged to call chp to see if it was a legit vehicle.

lncrevoviii
09-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Was the land cruiser marked? Wasn't there cases over a year ago about being pulled over by unmarked vehicles? I believe those vehicles had the little red siren lights but that was all. I remember on the news that we were encouraged to call chp to see if it was a legit vehicle.

unmarked.

esco
09-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I was pulled over by a black tahoe and a guy wearing a bomb squad shirt. Go figure.

uhoh_evo
09-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Maybe cuz he thought you were the BOMB! :lol:

ronpanama
09-21-2007, 10:19 AM
We have undercovers here in Sac that will instigate a race in their mustangs, cameros etc
then they will pull you over, arrest you and send your car to the smasher.

jdmSpecMR
09-21-2007, 11:22 AM
they will really send your car to a smasher? ^^

Fa-Q
09-21-2007, 11:30 AM
We have undercovers here in Sac that will instigate a race in their mustangs, cameros etc

No offense but...http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/hobbes4/bsflag.gif

IlovemyevoIX
09-21-2007, 11:31 AM

i thought that was only in socal?

leaveit2bevo
09-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Im not sure if its true but Ive read you dont have to pull over for a unmarked police car until a marked police car shows up.

ZK
09-21-2007, 11:32 AM

I've heard from this from a co-worker when I was living in Sac but not the smashing part. He just got a ticket for speeding.

Fa-Q
09-21-2007, 11:40 AM
^makes me want to taunt a cop until he/she abuses his/her power (all caught on video of course), then press charges and see how he/she likes it.

jdmSpecMR
09-21-2007, 11:48 AM
i heard the smashing of car aint even a law. it was just somehting that a court ordered which i dont find really fair.

Fa-Q
09-21-2007, 12:03 PM
^this was discussed heavily on EvoM and i have read two differnet news articles on it. Basically 3-4 people got caught at the illegal street races. Upon inspection the cars they were found to have multiple parts (engines, tranny, etc.) that were considered stolen b/c the VIN#'s were either missing or had been messed with and could not prove (proper documentation) the parts were legit. So no their cars were not crushed for street racing they were crushed for having stolen parts. Some may feel the judge was to harsh but it's obvious they were making an example out of these kids. Plus i have no sympathy for thieves so...

esco
09-21-2007, 12:09 PM

Its somewhat true, if there is a incorrect vin and no ref. paperwork nor reciepts its a gonner. They wont pull the motor and sell parts.

Fa-Q
09-21-2007, 12:23 PM

Its somewhat true, if there is a incorrect vin and no ref. paperwork nor reciepts its a gonner. They wont pull the motor and sell parts.

Agreed (see reply #14), but ronpanama did not mention anything about stolen parts. All that he said was caught for racing, which is a completely differnet type of crime. B/C of the twist the media spun on this and the he said/she said/i heard/etc. stories they're many people that believe cars are being crushed for street racing which is complete BS.

jdmSpecMR
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM
i remember something mentioning about stolen parts but i was unaware that the guy racing didn't get

his car crushed, but the stolen parts cars did. i agree with fa-q, stolen parts and cars FTMFL!!!

mtsevovii
09-21-2007, 06:36 PM
theres also an unmarked Mitsubishi Montero around 880.

has sirens and flashers and strobes.

ReSin
09-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Don't know how many people have seen this but yesterday on 880 heading north near Great Mall exit I seen a black ~2003 Jetta on the road and behind it a silver ~1999- ~2002Toyota LandCruiser.

I thought it was a crash. On closer inspection the Land Cruiser had pulled over the Jetta.
The land cruiser looked like a typical everyday land cruiser with flashers in the tail lights and headlights. It had tint in the back window but not the front window. Totally unmarked.

Watch out for this one.

I saw it pull over the Jetta yesterday...but it was a 4-Runner with really dark tint. I think if that was me, I would keep on driving.

Dennis

ReSin
09-21-2007, 07:17 PM

If someone tries to race me I usually wave at them...if they keep on trying, then I give them the finger...still waiting for the popo to do that. I figure I'd file harassment charges if I received anything from that.

Dennis

esco
09-21-2007, 09:32 PM

If someone tries to race me I usually wave at them...if they keep on trying, then I give them the finger...still waiting for the popo to do that. I figure I'd file harassment charges if I received anything from that.

Dennis

i sometimes give the 3 beep and go and just rev at the guy driving then shake my head like I dunno what happened?

lncrevoviii
09-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Don't know how many people have seen this but yesterday on 880 heading north near Great Mall exit I seen a black ~2003 Jetta on the road and behind it a silver ~1999- ~2002Toyota LandCruiser.

I thought it was a crash. On closer inspection the Land Cruiser had pulled over the Jetta.
The land cruiser looked like a typical everyday land cruiser with flashers in the tail lights and headlights. It had tint in the back window but not the front window. Totally unmarked.

Watch out for this one.

I saw it pull over the Jetta yesterday...but it was a 4-Runner with really dark tint. I think if that was me, I would keep on driving.

Dennis

correction it was a 4 runner. I was thinking about toyota suvs and only Land Cruiser and Seqouia (spelling) same to mind.

But infact the undercove CHP was not a land cruiser but it was a 4 runner.

Thanks resin.

ReSin
09-22-2007, 08:55 PM
^Not a problem...I was four kaa back when ol' boy got pulled over. I first saw the strobe lights in the turning signals, then the red and blue in the back upper right hand corner of the window...and was like...what the hell is that...

Dennis

lncrevoviii
09-24-2007, 08:48 PM
^Not a problem...I was four kaa back when ol' boy got pulled over. I first saw the strobe lights in the turning signals, then the red and blue in the back upper right hand corner of the window...and was like...what the hell is that...

Dennis

were you in your Evo?

I didn't see an Evo.
I was in my company van, in the carpool lane.

ReSin
09-24-2007, 08:51 PM
No...I was in some Chrysler something that I had checked out...it had Govt plates...

Dennis

Segfault
09-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm up on 880 all the time.

wokuku
09-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Does the law says anything about pulling over from an unmarked car? I mean how do I know if the unmarked car is a real cop or someone pretending to be a cop attempting to pull me over to do harm?

EvoRicer
09-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Does the law says anything about pulling over from an unmarked car? I mean how do I know if the unmarked car is a real cop or someone pretending to be a cop attempting to pull me over to do harm?

That came out on the news not too long ago.Â* There were people imitating Officers to harrass people.Â* If you get pulled over in an unmarked car you are allowed to keep going (at slow speeds) but at the same time you have to call 911 to confirm if that cop behind you is really a cop or not.Â* If it is a real cop, then you have to pull over, if not they send an officer over.

cmydust
11-05-2007, 03:48 PM

Funny, I have never witnessed or heard about this and i live in sac. And isnt that called entrapment, which is illegal??

Andrie Hartanto
11-05-2007, 03:55 PM
An unmarked car can not pull you over. If it is indeed an undercover cop, they need to radio a marked car to stop you.

This happened to me. The undercover actually called the marked car to stop me. Once I stopped, both of them approached me.

DirectorSe7en
11-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Really? So say a crown victoria with no police markings anywhere, starts flashing it's light at me, I keep going??

Andrie Hartanto
11-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Really? So say a crown victoria with no police markings anywhere, starts flashing it's light at me, I keep going??

Look at it this way, what if the guy with the unmarked crown victoria is an axe murderer, or a rapist?

mtsevovii
11-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Look at it this way, what if the guy with the unmarked crown victoria is an axe murderer, or a rapist?

but you do also know, 98% of Feds have unmarked cars ;)

chrisw
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM

so does this mean that 98% of the Feds are ax murders and rapists? :) I could see where an average government job could do that to a person..

mtsevovii
11-05-2007, 05:13 PM

so does this mean that 98% of the Feds are ax murders and rapists? :)Â* I could see where an average government job could do that to a person..Â*

:lol: there are days where i wish i had an axe... :sneaky: hahaha

esco
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
An unmarked car can not pull you over. If it is indeed an undercover cop, they need to radio a marked car to stop you.

This happened to me. The undercover actually called the marked car to stop me. Once I stopped, both of them approached me.

B.S.

I was pulled over by a tahoe. And they guy wore a bomb squad shirt. They have lights hidden in the grill or pop up lights.

DirectorSe7en
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Daaaamn, thats crazy.

I aways wanted to put cop strobes on my car and the blue and reds somewhere in the grill. I figured it'd be fun for a while. Then I thought, I don't really like jail....

chrisw
11-08-2007, 02:33 PM

so does this mean that 98% of the Feds are ax murders and rapists? :) I could see where an average government job could do that to a person..

now only if panges said that

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4488671888968650349

chrisw
11-08-2007, 02:35 PM
I had an unmarked police car flash me as I passed on the right (doing the speedlimit) while he was tailgating the slow fucking car in front of him while commuting on 17...

once he realized the situation, he turned the lights off....

PANGES
11-09-2007, 11:33 AM

now only if panges said that

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4488671888968650349

haha. Foolish! My problems can't be solved with a simple axe. I think I'd need several tons of explodives.

chrisw
11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
explosive are fun, but sometimes an axe is far more gratifing....(sp)

Vicious
11-09-2007, 06:51 PM
If they signal you with a red light they can pull you over.

player67
11-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I was pulled over by a taurus detective vehicle. It has hidden lisghts in the grille and strobed headlights....the guy was in a busienes suit minus the jacket and said he's late for court and he'd let me go..I was only going like 95 :lol:

DirectorSe7en
11-29-2007, 08:12 PM
I was only going like 95....In a school zone
Edited for hilarity.

Eric_SJ
04-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Unmarkeds can pull you over.Â* Its much easier and smarter to call in a marked unit to avoid theÂ* "I didn't know it was a cop" thing, but its still perfectly legal.Â* Jamming away from one could land someone in some seriously hot water.

DirectorSe7en
04-05-2008, 09:39 AM
So, if an unmarked unit pulls up behind me on the freeway, and starts flashing police lights, and keep right on driving normally for a couple more miles until another marked unit joins up and then I pull over.

I cant get in trouble?

mtsevovii
04-05-2008, 09:43 AM
So, if an unmarked unit pulls up behind me on the freeway, and starts flashing police lights, and keep right on driving normally for a couple more miles until another marked unit joins up and then I pull over.

I cant get in trouble?

no, in that sinario youre ok. since you can say youre pulling over once you saw the marked car. they most likely will give you the benifit of that excuse.

however if you evade and try to run, thatll change real fast.

remember marked units or not. their license plates most likely are state or govnt only.

unmarked feds have "govnt" on their license plates.

and state vehicles have the "exempt"

EvoRicer
04-05-2008, 10:10 AM

I cant get in trouble?

no, in that sinario youre ok. since you can say youre pulling over once you saw the marked car. they most likely will give you the benifit of that excuse.

remember marked units or not. their license plates most likely are state or govnt only.

there are unmarked chp, sheriff, and pd cars with regular plates....

DirectorSe7en
04-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Well shit, sounds like you cant win.

mtsevovii
04-05-2008, 11:09 AM

I cant get in trouble?

there are unmarked chp, sheriff, and pd cars with regular plates....

sneaky...

DirectorSe7en
04-05-2008, 11:30 AM
The dumb undercovers are the ones who drive around Crown Vics with dry-cleaning hanging from the rear passenger "oh shit" handle.

kinetics
04-05-2008, 11:36 AM
the craziest undercover i've seen was a porsche 911...headlights/tailights had strobes and blue/red hidden above the rearview mirror and rear brake lamp....pulled over a few mucle cars burning out in riverpark parking lot in fresno.

for once...american cars got pulled over!!!

mtsevovii
04-05-2008, 07:06 PM
ok spoken to a few SJPD officers today and here is their advice.

if youre being flagged down by an undercover car (no markings) you can remain on the road and continue on your way. it wont be counted against you for not stopping. (since you dont know if its a real cop or not.) since they said undercover cops need to be "undercover" so you cant tell theyre cops.

but when they light you up with lights/siren. they have already radio'd in your car/plates/location and his location. so a marked car is on its way. and the undercover will back off as soon as the marked patrol car arrives. and therefore you'd have to pull over. and the undercover officer will be the witness in the case of the citation.

but they said you do not have to pull over for an unmarked vehicle if it was chasing you on the freeway somewhere. however they also said if the location was like downtown san jose with lots of traffic and other ppl around. its best to pull over. since if it was a "fake" theres others around to witness it.

player67
04-05-2008, 07:37 PM
good advice^

scorpion
04-05-2008, 07:41 PM
dam the under cover ones

Limeyboy
04-06-2008, 08:11 AM
If they signal you with a red light they can pull you over.

This is by far th most accurate post in this whole thread. An unmarked policecar in california can only stop another vehicle by displaying a flashing or solid red light. Unmarked cars with strobes in the grill or dashboard have no legal basis to stop you, they are only to be used for traffic control or drug busts etc.. This is per a Sgt of San Jose police in the San Jose mercury news.

BigMonster
04-10-2008, 02:37 AM
I worked for OPD for afew years until recently. I was in charge of their fleet which included all undercover cars... With Oakland most of their unmarks were crown victoria's or ford excursions (several expeditions aswell). But most civillain looking cars do not have lights or siren's installed. Not even radio's they use their handhelds. and like corrected earlyer they have regular non exempt license plates (It sucked every month because i would have to start a man hunt for expired tags)... A majority of their unmarks are rental cars, So It's not safe in any shape or form to try and avoid police because you may never know where they are.

Afew weeks ago i was driving on I580 slowly passing a Maroon 2001 Body style Ford F150 when I seen in the corner of my eye on the back window of the truck. A outline of a little box. I slowed down and stared at it trying to make sure if my speculations of it being a compact LED emergency flasher were correct. No more then 20 seconds of staring a black 2002 Body Style Honda Civic driven by a young white male comes flying about 90+ on the slow lane. The F150's box in the rear window starts flashing red and blue, The tail lights begin to strobe and a thin strip above the rear view miror begins flashing red and blue... Very sneaky.

player67
04-10-2008, 03:39 AM
^yes sir. Its become so bad that I only play around with my car when there's absolutely NO ONE around. Thank god for my local back roads and empty deserted strips...or else I wouldve sold my evo already

chrisw
04-10-2008, 08:16 AM
^yes sir. Its become so bad that I only play around with my car when there's absolutely NO ONE around. Thank god for my local back roads and empty deserted strips...or else I wouldve sold my evo already

that only garrantees that you are the one that gets caught.

it's better to just keep it on the track.

player67
04-11-2008, 09:39 AM

that only garrantees that you are the one that gets caught.

it's better to just keep it on the track.

If someone gets caught in the backroads and theyre the only one around they deserve to be caught. There are no police in my local backroads and for the people that do live there it takes 25 min. for the polic to get there in an emergency. Blah blah blah thats all I hear from you mouth honestly I think you should fuck yourself. Yes, take that as a personal attack cause seems all you do is try, very poorly, and attack me :lol: oh brother