PDA

View Full Version : Zeal V6 Mini-Review!

e8
09-22-2004, 05:40 PM
http://img33.exs.cx/img33/9404/122_22361.jpg

Went to Works today to have these bad boys installed on the car. The drive to Works was pretty long... however. Took me an hour and a half (almost exactly) to get there from the tri-valley area.

Anyway, everyone at Works was very personable and nice. Great customer service and support.

They were able to lift the car up and install the coil overs in about an hour! Talk about crazy fast. Then, they aligned the car, which probably took another 45 minutes.

Driving home... I was very surprised how tame the coil overs performed. Having had Zeal S6's on my Type R, I was expecting the ride to be a little more harsh, but the ride was very rock solid and stable. I immediately noticed the ride height difference from the driver seat. Over moderate bumps, the V6's handled the road much better than stock suspension. Over sharper bumpers, the V6's were probably just as harsh as stock suspension. The road feel is great, much improved over stock. I haven't pushed the handling very much, but the car handles like it's on rails. The car stays glued to the ground and body roll has been minimized. Steering is now heavier due to the negative camber in the front, but it's still precise as ever. I would like to corner balance the car in the near future.

More to come when I am able to track the car. Hopefully that will be soon.

Works will have my business again once I decide to do the P2 reflash and maybe the GFB in the near future.

jbigelow
09-22-2004, 06:09 PM
CONGRATS and WELCOME to the ZEAL family!!!!!! :D

EVO GRIM
09-22-2004, 06:27 PM
How much did it lower the car from stock? How much $$$?

09-22-2004, 06:38 PM
I saw his car at WORKS!! It looks Awsome!! I was waiting for WORKS to finish e8's car, so I could get my Ceramic 3" downpipe installed. I have to admit my car looks like it is ready for Baja after seeing the ride height with the Zeals. I know what my next mod is! :D

garrick70
09-22-2004, 06:51 PM
I saw his car at WORKS!! It looks Awsome!! I was waiting for WORKS to finish e8's car, so I could get my Ceramic 3" downpipe installed. I have to admit my car looks like it is ready for Baja after seeing the ride height with the Zeals. I know what my next mod is! :D

:oops: Ummm... I wrote that post. Helps to log in :stupido:

GokuSSJ4
09-22-2004, 09:03 PM
its time for you to track the car :wink: please don't be like Jan a "WORKS WHORE" lol .

JanSolo
09-22-2004, 09:16 PM
its time for you to track the car :wink: please don't be like Jan a "WORKS WHORE" lol .

Look who's talking. :roll:

sharkster
09-22-2004, 10:50 PM
http://img33.exs.cx/img33/9404/122_22361.jpg

Went to Works today to have these bad boys installed on the car. The drive to Works was pretty long... however. Took me an hour and a half (almost exactly) to get there from the tri-valley area.

Anyway, everyone at Works was very personable and nice. Great customer service and support.

They were able to lift the car up and install the coil overs in about an hour! Talk about crazy fast. Then, they aligned the car, which probably took another 45 minutes.

Driving home... I was very surprised how tame the coil overs performed. Having had Zeal S6's on my Type R, I was expecting the ride to be a little more harsh, but the ride was very rock solid and stable. I immediately noticed the ride height difference from the driver seat. Over moderate bumps, the V6's handled the road much better than stock suspension. Over sharper bumpers, the V6's were probably just as harsh as stock suspension. The road feel is great, much improved over stock. I haven't pushed the handling very much, but the car handles like it's on rails. The car stays glued to the ground and body roll has been minimized. Steering is now heavier due to the negative camber in the front, but it's still precise as ever. I would like to corner balance the car in the near future.

More to come when I am able to track the car. Hopefully that will be soon.

Works will have my business again once I decide to do the P2 reflash and maybe the GFB in the near future.

Great stuff man.. I told ya' they're awesome guys. They know their EVOs inside and out:)

Gotta do the P2... that wakens up the car a little more.

e8
09-23-2004, 12:18 AM

I know, I am curious to feel the difference on the track. It was like night and day on the Type R, and I am sure it's none the less on this car on the track.

It was nice meeting you garrick. Hope you took that Forge BOV off your car and the DP is working well. :thumbsup:

Jamie@WORKS
09-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Glad to hear things are going well and you've already got your eye on other WORKS products. It was nice meeting you and hope to see you soon. Enjoy!

09-23-2004, 10:48 AM
It was nice meeting you garrick. Hope you took that Forge BOV off your car and the DP is working well. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I ordered the GFB BOV today. The Forge is surging and the Stock valve is leaking :roll:

garrick70
09-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I ordered the GFB BOV today. The Forge is surging and the Stock valve is leaking :roll:

I did it again :stupido:

wilson1
09-23-2004, 12:13 PM

I did it again :stupido:
Garrick,

Didn't you just got one already, and sold it to Bryan?

09-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Garrick,

Uhmm.... maybe..... :?

garrick70
09-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Garrick,

Uhmm.... maybe..... :?

Who forgot to log in? Oh yeah......me again...... :bandhead:

evo_dadi
09-23-2004, 10:58 PM
lol cmon garrick *hint hint* just click on log me automaticly ;)

AutoRnD
09-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Awesome stuff. Glad to see another Happy Zeal/Works Client. The S6 actually has a little more aggressive damping than the V6 models. This may be why your DC2 was a little harsher.

We do not recommend the aluminum casings for ths street. e8, did you have any issues at all with the S6's on the street with potholes or anything?

Thanks and congrats,

Rishie

e8
10-04-2004, 01:53 AM
Awesome stuff. Glad to see another Happy Zeal/Works Client. The S6 actually has a little more aggressive damping than the V6 models. This may be why your DC2 was a little harsher.

We do not recommend the aluminum casings for ths street. e8, did you have any issues at all with the S6's on the street with potholes or anything?

Thanks and congrats,

Rishie

I don't remember having any "severe" issues going over potholes or really uneven roads. The road was definitely more harsh and the bumps were more acute.

The dampening levels on the V6's are more pronounced. As in, it's easier to discern between the levels of dampening in 1 through 6, where as the S6's seemed just stiff. Also, the spring rates on my S6's were 12k/8k.

Got the car re-aligned at Works this Saturday. The car was pulling to the right and they decreased the toe-in. The car handles great and even better than before. I had the dampening upped to 4 (from 3) and the ride stiffness was noticeably increased.

I'm very happy with the car and the service that Works provided me. Car is perfect for a daily driver and a weekend warrior. Great balance. :thumbsup: