PDA

View Full Version : issues between the evo and the srt4

evo_dadi
01-11-2004, 09:05 PM
found this on an srt4 forums and its always funny to watch people making a fool of themselves. http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=60e6efffaec45c8c16740f75e50ab5ec&threadid=31610&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

JanSolo
01-11-2004, 10:03 PM
It looks like other Neon owners are already taking out the trash talker effectively. There have been so many times where Neon owners have come onto EvoM.net and talked smack about the Evo vs their Neons. We should invite some SRT4 guys to a track day when we know it's going to rain. ;)

evo_dadi
01-11-2004, 10:09 PM
cmon jan be fair man!! they're already trying to learn to turn right then give em rain ;)

vtluu
01-11-2004, 11:50 PM
I just had a blast tonight racing my Evo against my friends driving a Focus and a Skyline. I whooped their asses and only hit the guard rails a couple times, went off-road twice, and only rolled the car once... but it tipped right over back on its wheels and I kept going. :shock: Did I forget to mention we were playing Rallisport Challenge? :lol:

howiEVO8
01-12-2004, 05:27 AM
It looks like other Neon owners are already taking out the trash talker effectively. There have been so many times where Neon owners have come onto EvoM.net and talked smack about the Evo vs their Neons. We should invite some SRT4 guys to a track day when we know it's going to rain. ;)

lolz...man i swear, neon owners are retards hahaha

chris
01-12-2004, 08:06 AM
hahaha

DB8GSR
01-12-2004, 08:13 AM
hmm.. I wonder if this is the same guy here at work that's always wanting to challenge me on his almighty stock SRT-4!! He always rumbles about how slow Evo's are and he can easily take me on his SRT-4. Pfftt.. whatever. :roll: I just play dumb whenever I talk to that guy.. LoL!! :twisted:

chris
01-12-2004, 08:32 AM
hahah and when he realize he'll get beat thats when he'll be the dummy =X

DR_EVIL
01-14-2004, 10:31 PM
haha to the srt4 owner.. i hate wheatboys' sorry to flame guys but he got what he deserved

howiEVO8
01-15-2004, 01:04 AM
hmm.. I wonder if this is the same guy here at work that's always wanting to challenge me on his almighty stock SRT-4!! He always rumbles about how slow Evo's are and he can easily take me on his SRT-4. Pfftt.. whatever. :roll: I just play dumb whenever I talk to that guy.. LoL!! :twisted:

rofl...that's hella funny that guy is uber ghey

DB8GSR
01-15-2004, 07:32 AM
Haha... Howie.. you gotta see this guy in person, he is exactly what you describe... super uber ghey lord!! The way he talks is super funny. :lol:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p2d4c5a632753317334733dae179f2046/f9f28c7c.jpg

chris
01-15-2004, 09:21 AM
puahahha. whats up with these "PONCH' pictures. i fergot his real name lol.

howiEVO8
01-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Haha... Howie.. you gotta see this guy in person, he is exactly what you describe... super uber ghey lord!! The way he talks is super funny. :lol:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p2d4c5a632753317334733dae179f2046/f9f28c7c.jpg

haha oh man the coloring b/t the head and the neck/body is way off rofl

JanSolo
01-15-2004, 10:03 PM
http://www.jansolo.org/images/neon_driver.jpg

howiEVO8
01-15-2004, 11:12 PM
http://www.jansolo.org/images/neon_driver.jpg

haha remember bubba paris of the 49ers? well ...

= x

one of his daily drivers was a neon coupe lolz

chris
01-15-2004, 11:33 PM
omfg lol =X :barf:

DB8GSR
01-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Alright guys... this is it! I have to represent the Evo community.

This guy actually does work at the place where I work at. He's the same person that I thought it was on my previous post and today after work while on my way to the parking garage, he and his buddy was just walking in. We met up and I immediately brought up if he raced a yellow Evo (member on this board) on the freeway and he definitely said yes! I then asked him if he smoke the living out of the Evo.. and he said.. HELL YAH!! He just kept going how Evos are very slow on the freeway and that he has no problem taking me. :twisted:

Fast forward after a few more minutes of chit chat, I asked if he wants to run. He said.. sure! I just had a fat grin on my face and now I'm all excited.

Keep in mind, I don't condone street racing and I normally take it to the track. I find road racing a lot more fun on the Evo than drag but I had to show this guy something that Evo's are different animal when modded.

The race:

We decided to run from a roll @ 45mph. This race was taken on a freeway with mild traffic. I was in 2nd gear and so was he.

1st race: 3 honks *honk* *honk* *honk*

Turbo spools at WOT.. psssssssssttt

What's this... instant 1/2 a car length. Hit redline and a fast shift to 3rd.....I looked over and I can see his face and his buddy starts sweating bullets... again... he falls back to my rear bumper. I hit redline again.... off the hammer to 4th... again.... he falls back an extra 3/4 of a car length. We are now over 100mph ladies and gents. With the extra room on the lane that he was in, I moved over and even had time to signal.. LoL!! :lol: I hit redline again... off to 5th... Looked at the back, he's about at least 2 1/2 car length. We are now travelling at 140mph. I slowed down and he follows me to the next exit.

1 - 0

2nd race: 3 honks again but this time traffic starts to get crowded. We can only pull just one gear as we only have about 500yards to play or so before we reach the crowding vehicles.

On this race, I wanted to try my special technique :wink: from a roll start. *honk x 3*

BAM!! Right away instant gain of about 1 car length. LoL. We both went ahead and finish the gear and that was it. Of course, gained few more but that was just a small run but nonetheless, they were great runs.

1 1/2 - 0

That was pretty much it. Exchanged words, chatted few more minutes and went our own separate ways. It's a '04 SRT and I believe these cars pack more ponies than the '03. From what he posted on SRTforums, he was still stock? But whatever... run what you brung!! It's over and that was actually the very 1st time I had a true race with a '04 SRT. :D

Drive safe.
:idea: :idea:

Option2
01-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Yeah I am that EVO he posted about on the SRT4 forums. Actually, he didn't beat me. I was ahead of him the whole time. That whole post was a lie. When I let off the gas because of cars ahead, there was a good 2 full seconds before he passed me. I'm glad he got spanked AGAIN!! :lol: :lol:

evo_dadi
01-30-2004, 08:54 PM
very nice mang!!! he's name on the srtboard is reed32 and i bet he might be quiet for a while about the evos:):)

howiEVO8
01-30-2004, 09:12 PM
the next srt4 will have 280 hp and will be 500 lbs less than the current one.

vtluu
01-31-2004, 12:27 AM
Hmm, I'll believe it when I see it... :P

nebolic
01-31-2004, 12:57 AM
good kill, its nice to talk shit!!! however, the Evo is no joke, show them whos got the bigger nutz.!!!!!!!!!!!!heheh

howiEVO8
01-31-2004, 04:53 AM
Hmm, I'll believe it when I see it... :P

Feb issue of Road and Track :)

DB8GSR
01-31-2004, 08:16 AM
Yeah I am that EVO he posted about on the SRT4 forums. Actually, he didn't beat me. I was ahead of him the whole time. That whole post was a lie. When I let off the gas because of cars ahead, there was a good 2 full seconds before he passed me. I'm glad he got spanked AGAIN!! :lol: :lol:

Haha.. Jay.. sup mang! That guy is just clueless. He thinks all Evo's are the same. LoL. Since your packing a lot more power now since you raced him, I don't think he's a problem at all. But I tell you, those '04 are quick little suckers. They can easily keep up or even pull on a stock Evo. Who doesn't mod on the Evo anyway. :roll:

The funny thing was he said he dynoed at 260whp. He's able to beat his other friends '03 SRT that works at the Yamaha dealership which I believe has quite some mods on that car because I see it all the time.

I think shooting fireballs on my exhaust helps very well! :lol:

evo_dadi
01-31-2004, 12:16 PM
I think shooting fireballs on my exhaust helps very well! :lol:

thats right mang its the evo afterburner ;) gotta hook up mine also.

GokuSSJ4
02-01-2004, 02:21 AM
good kill !!

chris
02-01-2004, 08:44 AM
thats some crazy kill. =X

BluEvo
02-01-2004, 01:52 PM
i gots no love for them damn srt4's! i've seen 2 on the freeways and they think they are hot sh!t. one wanted to go at it by swerving through traffic. well if some off u think the way i do, i value my life and my car. it wasn't worth showing off and going at it in that situation, so i stepped down. he almost ended up smashing into the rear of a big rig truck cause (no surprise here folks) the srt4 could not handle weeving between lanes at the speed he was doing. what an a$$! haha!

uhoh_evo
02-01-2004, 07:28 PM
On this race, I wanted to try my special technique :wink: from a roll start. *honk x 3*

BAM!!

So, to a fellow evo enthusiast, do you mind explaining this "special technique" of yours?

DB8GSR
02-03-2004, 08:21 AM

BAM!!

So, to a fellow evo enthusiast, do you mind explaining this "special technique" of yours?

I won't explain it but I'll be gladly to show you at the next meet! :wink:

thomas
02-04-2004, 05:50 PM

BAM!!

I won't explain it but I'll be gladly to show you at the next meet! :wink:

special technique from a roll start? say from 1st/2nd gear? hmmm, i think ytsejam knos of this...

uhoh_evo
02-04-2004, 06:34 PM
thanks db8gsr. sounds like a plan.

mazda charles
02-10-2004, 02:34 AM
EVOs are SO SLOW. I'LL RACE IN MY MOM'S VOLVO WAGON

hehe j/k :P

559EVO
02-10-2004, 06:06 PM
I was in fresno last saturday and this guy in a SRT-4 watched me smoke a Camero SS and didnt want some after that.Can a stock SRT-4 actually pull on a stock EVO?Thats impressive to here but Im glad im modded.haha!

BluEvo
02-10-2004, 06:28 PM
I was in fresno last saturday and this guy in a SRT-4 watched me smoke a Camero SS and didnt want some after that.Can a stock SRT-4 actually pull on a stock EVO?Thats impressive to here but Im glad im modded.haha!

haven't had the pleasure on the straights, but i can say they can't handle worth isht! this srt-4 tried me on the freeway. i was like, i'ma chill, but he kept messin with me. we went at it. he couldn't hang. we were doing about.....(i'll leave the #'s out), but we were doing a buck twenty and he started losing control of his car going on a few curves in the freeway. tires screeching and all. i let off because he almost wrapped his car around the back of a semi-truck! i wasn't down to see that happen, so i let off and still showing off he kept going at it cutting cars and isht! sorry, i value my life and my car.

thomas
02-10-2004, 07:39 PM

hows the fresno/valley race seen looking? i need to head back down soon to visit my parents...they live in dina! haha.

559EVO
02-11-2004, 07:39 PM
I have been pretty impressed with the crowd since it's a small town,Im used to LA with bigger crowds.Im already building my rep up there,just wish I had other EVO'S to back me up.By spring me and 4G63POWERED are going to be ready to take down the big boys out there,maybe you can help represent EVO power out Here when your in town