PDA

View Full Version : no front plate ticket

b0yw0nder
10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
so driving home from laguna this weekend I still had my numbers on my car cause I couldn't find anything to scrub them off with....

i've never had a problem with it before but yesterday it gave the CHP a reason to pull me over I guess...

pulls me over..
"you have no front plate"
"sorry about that, I took it off at the track to give my car better cooling"
"i'm going to give you a citation, just fix it up and take it to the CHP to be verified"...

never gotten one of these before...
If i choose not to fix it what happens? I don't see any kind of fine on the citation...

If I fix it, get it verified and then take it off again what happens if I get pulled over again? another fix it ticket or this time do they have reasons to give me other kind of tickets/citations?

thanks.

esco
10-03-2007, 11:19 AM
My no front plate happened on the dsm. I put one blot to hang it, came right back to the same cop and he signed it off. you either pay a 10 dollar correction fee or I think (but not 100% sure) its 150 bucks. either way the government gets $$$$. bastards.

btw the cop was just being a jerk. I was pulled over in front of a high school when there were having a gay vs god day. Everyone was on opposite sides of the street. LOL. Police were thick.

kinetics
10-03-2007, 12:00 PM
slap on ur plate back up get an officer to sign it off...then if you want later on that day take it back off!
make a photocopy of the signed ticket...and mail the original with a ten dollar check/money order :lol:

b0yw0nder
10-03-2007, 12:04 PM
i don't get it

anyone know if an officer will sign off if i have the plate in my windsheild instead of on the front bumper?

mtsevovii
10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
i don't get it

anyone know if an officer will sign off if i have the plate in my windsheild instead of on the front bumper?

i think theres a "height requirement" for the location of plates? kinda like location of headlights/taillights.

Evo9R
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
fight the system :x

inYubaSha
10-03-2007, 05:51 PM
just tape the edges of your plate (so you don't scratch the paint) and put a couple zip ties thru the mesh

windshield does not work

wokuku
10-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Or just put it on and never have to worry about getting pulled over in the first place. It gives them one less reason to pull you over and give you ticket for other stuff

uhoh_evo
10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Nothing happens for multiple offenses for the same charge. Like I had 2 tint tickets and each time I just payed the fee. Nothing happened for having tint on still after the first time. But that was just one experience

redevil9mr
10-03-2007, 08:52 PM
If you are driving a benz, bmw, porsches, or any European/Germany/Italian cars, you don't need to worry about being pulled over for tints and no front license plate tickets, anything else be very very worry!!! My 2 cents.

wokuku
10-03-2007, 08:56 PM
If you are driving a benz, bmw, porsches, or any European/Germany/Italian cars, you don't need to worry about being pulled over for tints and no front license plate tickets, anything else be very very worry!!! My 2 cents.

That is sooo true. sigh~

Kings Fan
10-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Or a Camaro/Stang with tons of illegal mods!

island_671
10-03-2007, 09:27 PM
I get tempted to take off my front plate when I see those euros,etc. with no front plates,,,it looks cleaner,,but not with my luck.... :?

gtride
10-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I was parked by the parking meter in SF and this time i actually paid 25c, i come out and there is a ticket for no front plate. So I get some zip ties quickly attach that plate, had some officer at DunkÑ–n Donuts sign it off. Mail in $10 and took that plate off. I guess till next time.

I wouldn't pay $100 fine for it, just pay $10 and take it off right away.

EvoRicer
10-10-2007, 01:08 AM
the law states that the front plate needs to be affixed to the front bumper, so putting it behind the front windshield wont work.

Liquid-R1
10-15-2007, 07:46 PM
if it was issued by CHP, then just get it signed off and send it in. There is NO fee. If it was local or sheriff, then I believe it's $10. If it happens again, then just give you another fix it ticket. Why bother fighting it if it's free (CHP)?

EVOSteve7
10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Or a Camaro/Stang with tons of illegal mods!

that may be their benefit, but they still drive a camaro/stang
i'll pay my $10

BOOSTX2
10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
I ended up just keeping it on as not to draw attention..But I did trim it down so its
not as big.
I trimmed all around the rolled bead and then chopped off the bottom and re
radiused the corners..(If I put a frame on it appears unmodified)
I need to figure out a new plan when the new bumper goes on tho..

DirectorSe7en
11-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Just drive around with your front plate in your car somewhere, I ALWAYS get off when I tell them I JUST took it off and it's in the back seat.

Nsin
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I think its bullcrap man!! Got pulled over for same reason! ...While other cars where passing, a bmw with no front plate drives by, i pointed out,"look at that car, no plate!" cop says," i pulled you over" ... Wtf! whata bitch she was.

mtsevovii
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I think its bullcrap man!! Got pulled over for same reason! ...While other cars where passing, a bmw with no front plate drives by, i pointed out,"look at that car, no plate!" cop says," i pulled you over"Â* ... Wtf! whata bitch she was.

i would have been like "can you also put your cell phone # on that ticket too? id like to take you out for lunch sometime."

hahahha

fiaevo.com
11-06-2007, 02:38 PM
got one on the Z yesterday , while it was parked.... sweet.

Nsin
11-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I think its bullcrap man!! Got pulled over for same reason! ...While other cars where passing, a bmw with no front plate drives by, i pointed out,"look at that car, no plate!" cop says," i pulled you over" ... Wtf! whata bitch she was.

i would have been like "can you also put your cell phone # on that ticket too? id like to take you out for lunch sometime."

hahahha

Believe you me dude, she was a fugly rank arss biotch. You wouldnt want to look at her. :lol:

DirectorSe7en
11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Most girl Cops are NOT hot.

JDMgrafiteMR
11-07-2007, 02:40 PM
yea but the one that are hot...whew, i tell yah...i had my share of those...i was like.. can i get a side of cuffs w/ this ticket too :wink:

PANGES
11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
lol. This one time when I had my 240sx, I went over to my friend's house to pick something up, so I went inside his house for like 15-20 minutes, and when I came back out, I had a no front plate ticket on my windshield... Damn Ninja Cops...

Nsin
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
^ lol jacked up

yea but the one that are hot...whew, i tell yah...i had my share of those...i was like.. can i get a side of cuffs w/ this ticket too :wink:

Haha, True that, ive seen some drive around.. cophottie :lol:

redevil9mr
12-16-2007, 05:56 PM
PANGES, your GG CURSE is still there on you

redevil9mr
12-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Those bs fix it tickets are messed up. It seems like the police owns you and your ride, telling what's to do and what's not to do.

scorpion
12-16-2007, 06:02 PM
yea i got a fix it ticket for front license pate and tint ! he said he wasn't going to do anything with the tint but he saw no license plate and decided to pull me over. gotta finish the quota i guess at the nd of the month...lol i just put the plate on and took the tint off. one less thing to get pulled over. i'll give them another reason....lol

redevil9mr
12-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Tints are ok. When you see a police passes by, roll down your window. Having tints for your front windows are not ok, but wearing a sun glass is ok while driving.

scorpion
12-16-2007, 06:21 PM
yea but sometimes they creep up on you....oops didn't see you

Segfault
12-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Just got my first fix it. I think I'll shove the plate under the front bumper area somehow so it looks connected, then remove it after I get signed off.