PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP CAR DIED!!!!!!!?!??!?!??!

500whp
09-28-2004, 09:53 PM
a few days ago i took out the front seat belt assembly, and the SRS light came on, which is normal.

Today i took out the passager side also.... when i turned the car on i heard a BLA sound. so i thought i probably short a fuse. I CHECKED ALL OF THEM, and they were all okay.

Then i thought it might just be the ECU acting up, took the Postive side out for 30 mins put it back, nothing. ( i check the battery too it was okay)

So now i think i might of short something in the ecu, or some other place... anyone have any idea???

vtluu
09-28-2004, 09:59 PM
I've accidentally set the SRS light on before (turned on the ignition with a wiring harness disconnected); I ignored it until I had the car at the dealership one day and had them reset it. I've also removed the passenger seat before, when installing my nav system (to install the hideaway unit under the seat), and that didn't cause any problems at all. I even drove around without the passenger seat while testing the nav system. So there's no inherent problem with removing the seat.

I take it you've checked all the wiring harnesses are connected and verified that nothing's come undone... Are you sure there's nothing else you could have done that might have triggered a problem?

500whp
09-28-2004, 10:30 PM
thx vtluu

found the problem, when i relocated my battery to the trunk my negaitve connection was connected to the body. That connection wasn't good enough so =) thx for ur help!

bdking57
10-03-2004, 05:31 PM
I suggest you run a butt loud of grounding wire.. I would probably have two solid connection in the trunk, as well as the ones in the front of the car. You can never have enough ground.. and this is the perfect example of why.

Dr. Evo
10-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Run one long wire up to the engine compartment and ground it at one of the factory grounding points, along with your body ground in the trunk. Like bdking57 suggested, you can never have too many grounds.