PDA

View Full Version : SJPD bike cops suck ass!!! kinda long :(

kinetics
10-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Ok so i live on jackson close to independence HS and had to go to
autozone on berryessa and capitol. On my way back i decided to go
take capitol towards mckee...and when right when i turned right onto
mckee i heard a buzz like ones on the fire truck...and just my luck
i was being pulled over by one of san jose's finest on a bike!!!

COP: How are we doin today?

ME: Fine officer, how is your day going?

COP: well the good news is, i'm not stopping u for a moving
violation...instead there are a few things in your car that
should and should NOT be there...first is you have no front plate

ME: :shock:(wtf did my plate fall off???) officer i do believe i have
a front plate.

COP: (he goes up front and check) well is that a kit for the plate that puts
it on the left side? because it is suppose to be in the middle of the bumper

ME: officer it came from factory like that

COP: (has that look in his face that he wants to call BULLSHIT!) i also noticed you have
a modified exhaust.

ME: oh officer it's just a muffler welded on to the stock piping...it's just for sound 8)

COP: can you start up your car for me? (i politely obliged)
((my exhaust sounds just our stock ones when started up cold haha...when you
step on it, that's when you would think i'm running a cut-out :P ))
well it didn't sound as loud as it did earlier but since it is a modified exhaust i still have to give you
a fix-it violation. and i might as well give you one for the front plate kit

ME:(WTF!?!? i just said it is from the factory!)

usual DL, INS, REG...and now i have this yellow piece of shit paper
my question is...if i get it signed off, how can i prove that the plate is
factory!?
so now i have a fix it ticket i have to get signed off for an exhaust which i admit to...but the
front plate!??!!?

Hot8Evo
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Just go to the HQ and get them sign. Show them the Manual i think the manual has a EVO picture in it..

mtsevovii
10-17-2007, 05:35 PM
if it was just for the license plate "kit" and no exhaust ticket. i would have just said "im not signing that ticket" you can impound my car and ill fight you in court.

get a lawyer and argue he was being incompetent and for wasting my time.

but yeah, sucks to hear that happened to you... :(

kinetics
10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
^+1 yeah but just not my lucky day

hellz Evo
10-17-2007, 05:44 PM
what license plate kit... fookin dumb ass rookie.

earlyapex1
10-17-2007, 05:59 PM
For some reason I can't post in members journals with my vendor account so EarlyApex is making a guest apperance for this, nowhere does it say if it should be in the middle/sides,etc

California Vehicle Code §5200

Positioning of Plates

5201. License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground, except as follows:

(a) The rear license plate on a tow truck may be mounted on the left-hand side of the mast assembly at the rear of the cab of the vehicle, not less than 12 inches nor more than 90 inches from the ground.

(b) The rear license plate on a tank vehicle hauling hazardous waste, as defined in Section 25117 of the Health and Safety Code, or asphalt material may be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 90 inches from the ground.

(c) The rear license plate on a truck tractor may be mounted at the rear of the cab of the vehicle, but not less than 12 inches nor more than 90 inches from the ground.

(d) The rear license plate of a vehicle designed by the manufacturer for the collection and transportation of garbage, rubbish, or refuse that is used regularly for the collection and transportation of that material by any person or governmental entity employed to collect, transport, and dispose of garbage, rubbish, or refuse may be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 90 inches from the ground.

(e) The rear license plate on a two-axle livestock trailer may be mounted 12 inches or more, but not more than 90 inches, from the ground.

(f) No covering may be used on license plates except as follows:

(1) The installation of a cover over a lawfully parked vehicle to protect it from the weather and the elements does not constitute a violation of this subdivision. Any peace officer or other regularly salaried employee of a public agency designated to enforce laws, including local ordinances, relating to the parking of vehicles may temporarily remove so much of the cover as is necessary to inspect any license plate, tab, or indicia of registration on a vehicle.

(2) The installation of a license plate security cover is not a violation of this subdivision if the device does not obstruct or impair the recognition of the license plate information, including, but not limited to, the issuing state, license plate number, and registration tabs, and the cover is limited to the area directly over the top of the registration tabs. No portion of a license plate security cover shall rest over the license plate number.

(g) No casing, shield, frame, border, or other device that obstructs or impairs the reading or recognition of a license plate by a remote emission sensing device, as specified in Sections 44081 and 44081.6 of the Health and Safety Code, shall be installed on, or affixed to, a vehicle.

(h) (1) It is the Legislature's intent that an accommodation be made to persons with disabilities and to those persons who regularly transport persons with disabilities, to allow the removal and relocation of wheelchair lifts and wheelchair carriers without the necessity of removing and reattaching the vehicle's rear license plate. Therefore, it is not a violation of this section if the reading or recognition of a rear license plate is obstructed or impaired by a wheelchair lift or wheelchair carrier and all of the following requirements are met:

(A) The owner of the vehicle has been issued a special identification license plate pursuant to Section 5007, or the person using the wheelchair that is carried on the vehicle has been issued a distinguishing placard under Section 22511.55.

(B) (i) The operator of the vehicle displays a decal, designed and issued by the department, that contains the license plate number assigned to the vehicle transporting the wheelchair.

(ii) The decal is displayed on the rear window of the vehicle, in a location determined by the department, in consultation with the Department of the California Highway Patrol, so as to be clearly visible to law enforcement.

(2) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, if a decal is displayed pursuant to this subdivision, the requirements of this code that require the illumination of the license plate and the license plate number do not apply.

(3) The department shall adopt regulations governing the procedures for accepting and approving applications for decals, and issuing decals, authorized subdivision.

(4) This subdivision does not apply to a front license plate.

Amended Sec. 16, Ch. 1007, Stats. 1999. Effective January 1, 2000.
Amended Sec. 2, Ch. 626, Stats. 2003. Effective January 1, 2004.
Amended Sec. 6, Ch. 650, Stats. 2004. Effective January 1, 2005.

mtsevovii
10-17-2007, 06:01 PM
^^ at no point did it ever state it needs to be in the middle of the front bumper...

mr05evo
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Man that sucks.

spoolinalltheway
10-19-2007, 01:17 AM
dude was the cop on the bike, a big white guy. He had "POLICE" on the back of his uniform.He was chilling at the 76 gas station on capitol and mckee waiting to pull someone over. I was at the 76 gas station around 330 when he just pulled some white suburban at the 76.

kinetics
10-19-2007, 01:23 AM
^yes!!!!!!!! that fat ass caucasian guy with a "POLICE" on the back of his gay ass windbreaker!!!

spoolinalltheway
10-19-2007, 01:40 AM
^yes!!!!!!!! that fat ass caucasian guy with a "POLICE" on the back of his gay ass windbreaker!!!

hahahaha. yupppp. he was being a dick to the couple in the suburban. What time did you get pulled over

DoggDicker
10-19-2007, 01:43 AM
Maybe I'll carry a box of powered donuts in my kaa, along with a cup of Joe...fatt pill for a fatt popo...hahahaha

DD

bricel24
10-19-2007, 01:58 AM
WTF??! biggest BS! sorry that happened mang...

bricel24
10-19-2007, 01:59 AM
sorry, OT:

welcome back EarlyApex! where have you been? :lol:

Matz
10-19-2007, 05:42 AM
That ticket is complete BS. Sorry to hear about it. :?

welcome back EarlyApex! where have you been? :lol:

;) I miss the old EA...

06IXMR
10-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Damn sucks, just go get it signed off by any cop, most of them don't even really care about a front plate.

scorpion
10-24-2007, 10:17 PM
that sucks ass. i live off of white and alum rock i haven't seen too many bike cops but damn. ye i got a fix it ticket in fremont for tint and no front license plate too. screw it i just put the plat back on and took my front tint off. no problems anymore....cross my fingers !

lodievo209
10-24-2007, 10:27 PM
WOW !!!! complete BS :?

AWDrift
10-25-2007, 03:41 AM
thats weak...

and this is the first time i've EVER heard of being written up for a front plate that's still on the car...wow what a d*ck

H8er
10-25-2007, 08:31 AM
^^^ that's exactly what I was thinking...
sorry to hear that bro. Hopefully you don't have to pay for that ticket.

mr-evo81
10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
man phuQ those oinkers. i sign my own tickets off. heres the deal. pig signs ticket with name,Â* id number and some shit like dept. when he signs itÂ* they never report it or document or track it. now when you go to court they look for the info on the ticket NOT ON A COMPUTER. and they will not go ask the oinker.Â* WHAT YOU NEED IS TO GET REAL INFO LIKE REAL IDÂ* NUMBER, NAME AND THE DEP. AND YOU CAN GET THAT FROM OLD TICKETS FROM FRIENDS OR WHATEVER. THEY ALWAYS WRITE PIGS NAME AND ID NUMBER AND DEPT. IN THE FRONT OF THE TICKET. WAIT ABOUT 3 WEEKS GO TO THE COURTHOUSE PAY 10 BUCKS AND DONE.
TAKE OFF MY TINT AND SIGN IT OFF AND RETINT PHUK THAT DUDE SHIT AINT CHEAP. 8)

mtsevovii
10-25-2007, 09:12 AM
man phuQ those oinkers. i sign my own tickets off. heres the deal. pig signs ticket with name,Â* id number and some shit like dept. when he signs itÂ* they never report it or document or track it. now when you go to court they look for the info on the ticket NOT ON A COMPUTER. and they will not go ask the oinker.Â* WHAT YOU NEED IS TO GET REAL INFO LIKE REAL IDÂ* NUMBER, NAME AND THE DEP. AND YOU CAN GET THAT FROM OLD TICKETS FROM FRIENDS OR WHATEVER. THEY ALWAYS WRITEÂ* PIGS NAME AND ID NUMBER AND DEPT. IN THE FRONT OF THE TICKET. WAIT ABOUT 3 WEEKS GO TO THE COURTHOUSE PAY 10 BUCKS ANDÂ* DONE.
TAKE OFF MY TINT AND SIGN IT OFF AND RETINT PHUK THAT DUDE SHIT AINT CHEAP. 8)

damn forging signatures, thats hardcore...

mr-evo81
10-25-2007, 09:20 AM
:lol:

*stressed evo guy*
10-25-2007, 05:46 PM

*stressed evo guy*
10-25-2007, 05:50 PM
thats f@cking funny......a kit to relocate your license plate from center to the side..........

kinetics
10-25-2007, 06:01 PM
yeah well i can't do anything about it...life sucks!!!

*stressed evo guy*
10-25-2007, 06:16 PM
you should run his bit@h ass over next time you see him......run over him a couple of times make sure he's dead.........making up violations just to give you his piece of sh@t ticket.........

*stressed evo guy*
10-25-2007, 06:18 PM
anyways......good luck to you......hope you don't get anymore tickets........

IlovemyevoIX
10-25-2007, 08:20 PM
seriously! sounds like HELL just froze over

evoboy
10-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I wonder if you can sue the sj popo department for wasting your time.

mtsevovii
10-25-2007, 08:49 PM
I wonder if you can sue the sj popo department for wasting your time.

im sure you can if youre willing to get a lawyer to help you out.

children have sued their parents for giving birth to them... this would be a small case. :p

jdmSpecMR
10-25-2007, 09:12 PM
wtf? hahha ive never heard of that ^^

hella crazy ass people lol

redevil9mr
10-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Press charge on his a$$. :D

Should lay the smack down and give him "THE PEOPLE ELBOW"