PDA

View Full Version : gfb bov - install, review and 1 issue

jomama
10-05-2004, 07:57 AM
just got myself a gfb bov (thanks jansolo) and installed it yesterday. hooray for me for my first diy install. it looks and sounds sweet :D , i have it set at 70v/30r and spring 1.5 turns from softest setting. so far so good, idling is a little better then stock now - stock 800rpm / gfb 900rpm. took it for a drive after install and i did not have any stalling issues and boost seemed to hold much stronger during wot.

only issue i do have is that the radiator hose presses down on the gfb horn :shock: . to members that have the gfb bov, what are you doing to fix this? i'm worried the horn's edge could possibly cut into the hose. any help would be grateful.

thanks in advance, joe

nebolic
10-05-2004, 08:28 AM
mine does not come close to the radiator hose, but let me double check again later...

Nebo

V8KiLL3R
10-05-2004, 08:29 AM
mine is almost touching the hose sleeve

jomama
10-05-2004, 08:52 AM

how long have you had yours on and have you noticed any damage or cutting into the sleeve from the horn's edge rubbing?

warpspeed
10-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Mine don't hit at all, but then again I have a RMR intake pipe. But there is a way of solving your problem. Get rid of the GFB. :lol: Just kidding. Here is what you do so the GFB won't rub on the radiator upper hose. If you still have the stock rubber intake piping, you can turn that hose a little bit by loosening the clamps just enough. Loosen the clamp to the turbo and the air box and you can turn that whole assembly alittle/alot. Hope that solves you problem. Oh ya, don't forget to tighten back all the clamps. :wink:

jomama
10-05-2004, 10:21 AM
thanks warpseed. i didn't want to start messing around in there without any type of gameplan. i'm gonna work on it today.

joe

BluEvo
10-05-2004, 12:04 PM
i 've got room to clear also. but, i could see why yours would be so close to the radiator hose. you have it set to 70 vent, which basically sits the horn right at the hose. before loosening and moving those other hoses, i'd just try setting the valve to 50/50. that should help you clear the radiator hose with no probs to the bov or the clearance. just my .02, good luck.

GReddy_917
10-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Mines set to 60recirc/40vent and I have plenty of clearance also.

SouthernCrane
10-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Mines set to 60recirc/40vent and I have plenty of clearance also.

Ditto

jbenosa
12-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Greetings Fellow Members!
Can anyone please refer resources that will allow me to install the BOV as a DIY. I hope it does not require professional assistance, as I try and reduce expenses.

Thanks!

garrick70
12-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Greetings Fellow Members!
Can anyone please refer resources that will allow me to install the BOV as a DIY. I hope it does not require professional assistance, as I try and reduce expenses.

Thanks!

Hey Jonathan,

Here is a great link on how to install a BOV with pics. They are installing a Forge BOV, but the procedure is the same.

http://features.evolutionm.net/article/projectevo/22/2

Garrick

V8KiLL3R
12-16-2004, 03:12 PM

how long have you had yours on and have you noticed any damage or cutting into the sleeve from the horn's edge rubbing?
i had it installed for a while about 6 months now but havent notice any tear on the rubber