PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof question

D1izzle
10-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Hey ppl, i've been looking around here but have not acutally posted anything as i'm in the market for an EVO.

My question to you guys is that can I purchase (special order if needed) the sun-roof without the leatehr seats and the sound...i just want a basic GSR with Sun-roof. I've beed working with a dealership and he told me that there is no way that Mitsu will do that. However I have seen a couple Evo's with sun-roof, no leather and no spoiler (just the way i want mines).

I know that they could have taken the spoiler off and taken the seat out...but thats just stupid...why waste all that money by purchasing the stuff and take it off...

any feed back would be great.

thanks in advance.

Evo8andahalf
10-05-2004, 11:51 PM
i have a sunroof on mine but its an 03, the 03s had the option of having a sunroof or small spoiler but not the leather seat package it wasnt an option yet, it couldve been an 03 that youve seen?

D1izzle
10-05-2004, 11:55 PM
wow, that was a fast reply...haha...thanks man...never thoguht of that...damn i'm screwed...well, not really but i liek the EVO's with not spoiler...and with a Sun-roof...but not willing to spend the extra cash for leather, not a fan of leather.

thanks again.

vtluu
10-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Sounds like what you want is an RS with a sunroof (and there ain't no such thing). I think it should be easy enough to get a base model ("GSR") with a sunroof, but all Evo GSRs come with a spoiler/wing, usually the large CF wing, sometimes the smaller wing (which is supposed to be the base model; the CF wing is supposed to be a factory "option"). So the best you can do is a GSR with sunroof and without the sound & leather package, and a low wing. I'm sure there's a dealer (many here would recommend San Rafael Mitsubishi) around here who can find that. As for no wing, you'll have to do that yourself by swapping a regular Lancer trunk, or removing the wing (which is easy--covering the holes left behind nicely is the harder part).

D1izzle
10-06-2004, 12:02 AM
I can live with the CF spoiler now...cause it's a stock pieve i guess (i'll just take it off).

Now, if I can just get the dealership to order a EVO for me with the sun-roof without the other crap that I don't want (like leather...hahaha)...no need for sound either...just the regular one is fine for me...

I have tought of getting the RS but I want some of the little stuff that the GSR offers...like the rear window wippers (yea, stupid me...haha)

warpspeed
10-06-2004, 11:06 AM
I know your dilema. Alot of the dealerships put those "options" you talk about without giving "you" the option to have it or not. the '03 is your best bet but since the '04's are out, it's going to be tough. I don't like leather either. Burns your butt in the summer time and freezes you ass in the winter.

MarkSAE
10-06-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find someone to swap out interiors with you. I do like how the non-leather interior doesn't feel as cold when you hop in though.

10-06-2004, 01:35 PM
eh i swap my interior with your leather one, :?

D1izzle
10-06-2004, 10:53 PM
I can't switch out the leather...gonna cost me a lot for them (thats if I was gonna get the package). I'm thinking now that there is nothing much I can do as to get the sun-roof without the leather...unless there is a dealership that is willing to help me out...

jondukes
10-06-2004, 11:46 PM
i got the sun for no charge because they had no others and i didnt want it
just get some sick leather aftermarket seats,those things (leather recaro)are like couches you still wanta feel the dexterity through the but