PDA

View Full Version : JDM EVO 8

warpspeed
01-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to give the Ebay link. But if you to ebay and type in "Mitsubishi Evolution" you will see a JDM Evo 8 for sale. It looks just like ours but left hand drive and 6 speed...in other words...all the goodies. check it out. It should still be there. I almost pissed in my PJ's when I saw it.

JanSolo
01-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Linkified for you lazy people (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43919&item=2453306008).

Too bad it's from Evolution Imports, who have yet to deliver one car to a customer.

howiEVO8
01-13-2004, 01:21 PM
yeah i thought i read about this already...
currently they can't import the JDM evo or something like that
cuz it hasn't been approved or something like that cuz they need a few of them for crash testing and no one is willing to
donate them lolz...i wouldn't.

nebolic
01-13-2004, 01:31 PM
the way i see it, there really is no point in importing cars from Japan, for a few reasons. If you look at US cars vs European and Asian market, the cars are designed specifically for that market, due to the various conditions i.e roads, safety, pollution and gasoline type. Thus spending so much money importing a car from Japan isn't all that necessary, and we do have Evo 8's here although not with all the extra goodies that might be on a JDM, however, i dont think you'll notice all that much difference if you're not too much into professional racing, i mean can you really tell if you're car has LSD (well that maybe if you launch your car) or AYC or anything else that might be on there. As far as I'm concerned, I don't give a hoots a$$ about JDM cars being imported here, I'm very happy with my USDM Evo 8 and in all honestly, I wouldn't trade it for a JDM just because of all the headaches it comes along with it.

my 2 cents, hope i didnt offend anyone.

howiEVO8
01-13-2004, 01:37 PM
yeah, i've heard and watch a lot of pro's on dvd's and they say that you can only tell the difference and it DOES make a difference if you're a pro racer...under racing conditions and whatnot...

but...the SIX speed :drool:

vtluu
01-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Front LSD would help a lot for autocross; can't wait to see what Quaife (sp?) is gonna come out with... Failing that I might drop an Evo RS LSD into my Evo later this year (don't want to switch to SP class in the middle of auto-x season).

nebolic
01-13-2004, 02:05 PM
if you get the six speed, you might run into the problems the STi boys are having... not being able to outrun us 5 speeder evos. The gearing will be funky on the 6 speed and you're quarter mile will be slower or at least your 0-60 will be slower cuz you'll have to shift twice where on the 5 speed you probably just need to shift once

blitzkrgCT9A
01-13-2004, 02:31 PM
I wonder which idiot will go ahead and buy that EVO from Evolutiom Import? If you haven't heard about their scams, you should do some more research on EVOM.net ;)

nebolic
01-13-2004, 02:34 PM
theres 6 billion people on this earth, i'm sure there is at least 1 idiot that will buy it. suxs to be that idiot tho.

howiEVO8
01-13-2004, 04:28 PM
if you get the six speed, you might run into the problems the STi boys are having... not being able to outrun us 5 speeder evos. The gearing will be funky on the 6 speed and you're quarter mile will be slower or at least your 0-60 will be slower cuz you'll have to shift twice where on the 5 speed you probably just need to shift once

im not sure about that...the JDM evo viii does 0-60 in like 4.6 seconds
and the quarter in 12.6...but then again, i think they're running 100 octane...hehe

JanSolo
01-13-2004, 10:25 PM
I decided just for the hell of it, to ask Evolution Imports about their Evo they are selling on Ebay. Here is what I sent them and their response.

----

From me:

Hello, I really want to bid on this car, but I've read on certain web sites like EvolutionM.net that you guys have yet to deliver one car to a customer. Is this true? I would hate to give you guys my hard earned money only to recieve nothing but a promise. Help me out here, because I really would like to buy a real JDM spec Evo8.

Evolution Imports Responds:

I do appreciate you at least giving me a chance to defend myself instead of just simply beliving all of the nasty things that have been said about my company. It is true that with the Evolution VII and VIII that we have not delived a car yet. But the only reason that I am putting this car up there (both of our Evo VIII's on Ebay) is that we have all but finished. The Dot has told us that we will be finished on Jan 25th with the Evo VIII's and a short time later with the VII. Neither one of them are on a possible chance to fail the petition we are just wrapping up minor details on what all needs to be adapted to be brought up to spec. We will be delivering VIII's with in the next couple of months. This car is for sale to anyone in the world and that is how we have offered it. Please give me a call if you have any further questions I would also be able to explain things better over the phone. Once again thank you for taking the time to ask.
Evolution Imports LLC

JanSolo
01-13-2004, 10:40 PM
BTW, aren't those USDM tail lights on that JDM Evo?

vtluu
01-13-2004, 10:56 PM
They had a JDM Evo on eBay months ago, back then would they have told you that they "had all but finished"? I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:

howiEVO8
01-13-2004, 11:22 PM
no! lolz...the JDM EVO VIII's tail lights are the same clear altezzas found on the EVO VIII USDM :)