PDA

View Full Version : A small prob with my WORKS throttle body

Mo Evo
10-09-2004, 11:03 PM
I just had the WORKS team install their throttle body and a GFB bov last week. The bov is set just right and sounds great, but I believe the new throttle body spring is causing a 'bump' in the accelerator pedal. It feels hard to push at first, then once your over that everything is fine. But this hard pedal makes driving slowly or in heavy traffic a real bear. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks, Monique

GokuSSJ4
10-09-2004, 11:37 PM
no problems what so ever, have you try contacting WORKS
im sure they will help you and take care of the problem.

Mo Evo
10-10-2004, 12:37 AM
no problems what so ever, have you try contacting WORKS
im sure they will help you and take care of the problem.

Thanks and yes I have talked to them. I'm making an appointment to revisit them. Just thought I'd ask the masses...

warpspeed
10-10-2004, 08:31 AM
Check first if there is anything binding on the throttle cable.

MarkSAE
10-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Does this happen only when the car is warmed up? Or does it happen at all temperatures? It sounds like they might not have bored your throttle body enough or the throttle plate is slightly too big which is causing this slight sticking.

Mo Evo
10-10-2004, 09:25 PM
[quote="marksae"]Does this happen only when the car is warmed up? Or does it happen at all temperatures? It sounds like they might not have bored your throttle body enough or the throttle plate is slightly too big which is causing this slight sticking.[/quot

Nope, all temps. I'm checking for binding first, then plan on another trip through the traffic to WORKS.

Thanks much!

Susurrus
10-10-2004, 09:34 PM
I have the same thing going on. I got my Aperture in July, I just haven't had the time to go back to SF to get it checked out.

If anyone from WORKS has an idea, I'm all ears.

Sus

Jamie@WORKS
10-11-2004, 11:06 AM
This is the first we've heard of any binding issues with the Aperture. We've had a few cores come back with a fair amount of carbon on them that would cause a little sticking. Obviously, WORKS would be more than happy to take a look at both of your Apertures to determine what the hang-up might be. Please contact us whenever your schedules open up :)

Mo Evo
10-11-2004, 10:21 PM
This is the first we've heard of any binding issues with the Aperture. We've had a few cores come back with a fair amount of carbon on them that would cause a little sticking. Obviously, WORKS would be more than happy to take a look at both of your Apertures to determine what the hang-up might be. Please contact us whenever your schedules open up :)

Hey Jamie, stopped by San Rafael Mitsu today and had Jay take a quick peek at my TB. He definitely felt it in the gas pedal, but not at the TB itself. He remembers alot of this happening when it first came out, but said that maybe the butterfly needed an adjustment. I'm comin at ya this week.

Monique

Jamie@WORKS
10-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Okie dokie :) I've already given Chris the info.

If it's felt at the pedal, but not at the throttle body, chances are it may be in the cable. Regardless, WORKS will get you taken care of!