PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a local shop to inspect my "new" Evo

Sol-leks
10-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone. As of today I'm a "new" 2003 Evo owner. I just received a used Evo that I bought from a dealer in Texas. The car arrived with more mods than I thought it would have, and me having no experience in mods, would like to have some things checked out. In particular, I'm wondering about the hiccupping noise I hear when I let off on the gas (like a "bubububb"). It appears that I have an aftermarket intake.

Any recommendations for local shops who could look at my car, tell me what I have installed, let me know whether the mods were installed properly, and educate me on the source of the hiccupping noise? I live and work in the San Jose area.

Thanks

Sam

vtluu
10-14-2004, 05:55 PM
WORKS are definitely the most knowledgeable about the Evo, if you don't mind driving to San Francisco. :thumbsup:

GReddy_917
10-14-2004, 06:13 PM
In particular, I'm wondering about the hiccupping noise I hear when I let off on the gas (like a "bubububb"). It appears that I have an aftermarket intake.

Probably an aftermarket blow off valve.

JanSolo
10-14-2004, 06:32 PM
WORKS, Gruppe-S or Vishnu Tuning could take a look see at your car and give you a diagonosis on what it occurring.

EvoVIII
10-14-2004, 07:48 PM
let us Evo Owner check it out for u :D , that way u can save some money, most of us are able to help u out, let me know if u need any help, coz I got nothing to do on this Saturday anyways

brwnrice
10-14-2004, 08:41 PM
let us Evo Owner check it out for u :D , that way u can save some money, most of us have are able to help u out, let me know if u need any help, coz I got nothing to do on this Saturday anyways

yep i could check it out for you to if your in the south bay.

EvoVIII
10-14-2004, 08:45 PM
let us Evo Owner check it out for u :D , that way u can save some money, most of us have are able to help u out, let me know if u need any help, coz I got nothing to do on this Saturday anyways

yep i could check it out for you to if your in the south bay.

How about "We"?? and u could bring some pizza's for us on ur way here :D j/k

V8KiLL3R
10-14-2004, 09:11 PM
In particular, I'm wondering about the hiccupping noise I hear when I let off on the gas (like a "bubububb"). It appears that I have an aftermarket intake.

Probably an aftermarket blow off valve.blow off valve

chrisw
10-14-2004, 09:24 PM
you can go up to GB motorsports or gruppes in hayward. They have saturday hours if you can't get up there during the week

Sol-leks
10-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Hello everyone. Thanks for your help! Special thanks to brwnrice who took a look at my car today!

I've noticed that the car's been dieing (engine shuts off) at low speeds. It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes the RPM's dip low to sub 300 and then the engine invariably cuts off.

Brwnrice mentioned that he had the same problem with his aftermarket intake (I have an AEM intake) and now he's back to the factory intake. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Sam