PDA

View Full Version : e-mail notification...not working 100%

lowlife
11-27-2007, 08:14 PM
ok...so i get email notifications, but not all of them. i notice that boards i have subscribed to get new posts without notifying me....and also threads that i am watching that i don't get emails about with new posts. i get them for some, but most i don't....any reason behind this?? they are not going to my spam folder if that is what anyone is thinking.

:?

uhoh_evo
11-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Ditto! I used to get them now they completely stopped. I checked the right boxes so that I should get them. Never changed my email settings. They completely stopped about a month ago.

lowlife
11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
yeah...i too went and clicked the "notification" button on the ones that i am not getting emails about....and it asks me if i really want to "unsubscribe"....so i dunno what's going on!

lowlife
12-09-2007, 10:07 PM
bump for this....any mods have answers?? i like to keep an eye on member's classifieds and i'm finding myself missing out on some good stuff! :(

player67
12-11-2007, 07:34 PM
my email fills up with bullcrap iono how to stop it

DoggDicker
12-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Go to your profile...then Personal Message Option...deselect box...

DD

lowlife
01-01-2008, 03:41 PM
still having issues....any updates?

trinydex
01-04-2008, 06:07 PM
if you delete the email without clicking on the link and checking the thread it somehow backs up your email into the email server program.

this means until an admin goes and looks in or reboots or whatever it is that it takes, you won't get that email. check the thread again and you will start getting them. it's weird... happens to me all the time.

lowlife
01-04-2008, 06:43 PM
if you delete the email without clicking on the link and checking the thread it somehow backs up your email into the email server program.

this means until an admin goes and looks in or reboots or whatever it is that it takes, you won't get that email. check the thread again and you will start getting them. it's weird... happens to me all the time.

but my problem is i subscribe to a specific "board" and not a "thread"...how would i cure this problem with that scenario? it is supposed to email me with every new post, so it should do it regardless if i click the emails...right?

trinydex
01-04-2008, 06:46 PM
but ur not getting emails for a specific thread right???

lowlife
01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
but ur not getting emails for a specific thread right???

i haven't really noticed, but what i was really concerned about, which is to this day not working....is i am subscribed to the "for sale" board. which should mean i would get an email every time someone makes a thread with parts for sale, but i only get a handful of the ones that are actually posted.

trinydex
01-04-2008, 07:06 PM
hmmm don't know about that one then.