PDA

View Full Version : i no speaky english

howiEVO8
01-13-2004, 11:49 PM
ummm...i dont know about you guys but
it irritates the crap out of me when your friend speaks perfect English,
and his/her friend speaks perfect English but in front of you, they're speaking chinese or whatever...WTF? do you freaking mind?!?!? that's hella rude...

JanSolo
01-14-2004, 12:13 AM
My whole family speaks Dutch - everyone except pretty much me. I've had nearly 30 years of dealing with it.

Time to learn another language just to mess with them. I recommend Esperanto.

chris
01-14-2004, 12:30 AM
thats very interesting.. esperanto?

JanSolo
01-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Read all about it here.

ftp://ftp.stack.nl/pub/esperanto/FAQ.html

howiEVO8
01-14-2004, 12:53 AM
lolz is that like a made up language? hehe

JanSolo
01-14-2004, 12:54 AM
Yeah but that is why it's so cool. No one else speaks it, so it kinda fun just to play with people. At least you can bet that you or whomever else your speaking with can nearly guarantee that no one else will no what the hell you are saying.

howiEVO8
01-14-2004, 12:55 AM
lolzzz...what if you talk sh*t about them in that language and they understand it too? lolz

JanSolo
01-14-2004, 12:56 AM
lolzzz...what if you talk sh*t about them in that language and they understand it too? lolz

Then hope they can't fight very good!

chris
01-14-2004, 01:08 AM
hahaha

vtluu
01-14-2004, 01:45 AM
I briefly joined an Esperanto club back when I was in university. Then I found something better to do. I.e. anything. :lol:

xchoirboy
01-14-2004, 08:30 AM
I lived 4 years in Germany and at the time my girlfriend spoke no english. By time I got done with her we spoke half german and half english. It would confuse some people.

uhoh_evo
01-16-2004, 02:21 PM
dayam...is all about visitin mah mom's half and not bein able to speak spanish er goin to some of mah dad's side and not being able to speak tagalog er trabakano. it's a sad sad world :(

vtluu
01-16-2004, 02:46 PM
<ahem> I can barely understand some people's "English" here. :P

JanSolo
01-16-2004, 02:56 PM
dayam...is all about visitin mah mom's half and not bein able to speak spanish er goin to some of mah dad's side and not being able to speak tagalog er trabakano. it's a sad sad world :(

Permit me to translate via my White Man English Tranlsation Engine.

Darnit to heck! I have experienced a similar feeling as you when I visit my mother's side of the family. Unfortunately, I lack the ability to speak Spanish fluently and therefore, run into issues when engaging in casual discourse. Furthermore, since my father's side of the family speaks Tagalog and/or Trabakano, I experience the inabilty to converse with them in their native tongue as well. How truly unfortunate and altogether ensaddening.

xchoirboy
01-16-2004, 03:09 PM
ROLF - nicely put.

evo_dadi
01-16-2004, 09:59 PM
lol hey uh-oh if you need some tranlations i speak tagalog very fluently :) and some other weird words out there.

howiEVO8
01-17-2004, 12:18 PM

Permit me to translate via my White Man English Tranlsation Engine.

Darnit to heck! I have experienced a similar feeling as you when I visit my mother's side of the family. Unfortunately, I lack the ability to speak Spanish fluently and therefore, run into issues when engaging in casual discourse. Furthermore, since my father's side of the family speaks Tagalog and/or Trabakano, I experience the inabilty to converse with them in their native tongue as well. How truly unfortunate and altogether ensaddening.

lolz du ma good job! haha

uhoh_evo
01-17-2004, 04:55 PM
:lol: sorry guys, got used to instant messenger typin. i'll try and keep it clean up in here. and now that we're on the topic, i see them...but i don't get them :? what's ROLF, WOOT and OREO? i mean i like oreos, but i just can't comprehend :(

vtluu
01-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Don't know about "ROLF" but "RO[T]FL" is "rolling on [the] floor laughing." I guess if you're laughing that hard you can't type straight either. :lol:

"Oreo" = "I dunno" or "<shrug>" I guess. It's an expression apparently unique to the inhabitants of Howieland. :P

"WOOT" or properly "W00T" :wink: is an interjection akin to "yay!" or "woohoo!".

All this L33T/street speak (ask me what "L33T" means :D)... an old fogey such as myself can barely keep up.

howiEVO8
01-17-2004, 08:05 PM
:lol: sorry guys, got used to instant messenger typin. i'll try and keep it clean up in here. and now that we're on the topic, i see them...but i don't get them :? what's ROLF, WOOT and OREO? i mean i like oreos, but i just can't comprehend :(

lolz....

don't forget water bear = what ever!

uhoh_evo
01-18-2004, 03:22 PM
All this L33T/street speak (ask me what "L33T" means :D)... an old fogey such as myself can barely keep up.
I don't know if that was rhetorical, but what does "L33T" mean?

leif
01-18-2004, 03:55 PM
l33t is kinda like cool or tite or something to that effect. its also used to describe th1s k1nd 0f tYp1nG...(l33t sp34k)

vtluu
01-18-2004, 04:35 PM
From the Jargon File:

elite: adj.

Clueful. Plugged-in. One of the cognoscenti. Also used as a general positive adjective. This term is not actually native hacker slang; it is used primarily by crackers and warez d00dz, for which reason hackers use it only with heavy irony. The term used to refer to the folks allowed in to the “hidden” or “privileged” sections of BBSes in the early 1980s (which, typically, contained pirated software). Frequently, early boards would only let you post, or even see, a certain subset of the sections (or ‘boards’) on a BBS. Those who got to the frequently legendary ‘triple super secret’ boards were elite. Misspellings of this term in warez d00dz style abound; the forms l337 eleet, and 31337 (among others) have been sighted.

A true hacker would be more likely to use ‘wizardly’. Oppose lamer.

vtluu
01-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Now what I'd like to understand is when did "sick" take on a positive meaning? :roll:

leif
01-18-2004, 07:07 PM
few years ago... there was a meeting.. didn't you get the memo?

JanSolo
01-18-2004, 10:06 PM
few years ago... there was a meeting.. didn't you get the memo?

You know.. the one about the cover sheets on the TPS reports?

evo_dadi
01-18-2004, 10:08 PM
but didnt somebody gutted a fish on it thats why it stanked.

cmon howie go watch office space if you havent seen it yet :lol:

howiEVO8
01-18-2004, 11:40 PM
but didnt somebody gutted a fish on it thats why it stanked.

haha wth

JanSolo
01-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Office Space!

http://www.jansolo.org/images/office1.jpg

"PC load letter? WTF is PC load letter?!"

howiEVO8
01-18-2004, 11:47 PM
ur pix isn't working jan hehe

JanSolo
01-18-2004, 11:51 PM
ur pix isn't working jan hehe

Damn imdb.com. Fixed now.

evo_dadi
01-18-2004, 11:53 PM
neighbors funny also btw who took my red stapler :)

vtluu
01-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Michael: Yeah well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.

Michael: There WAS nothing wrong with it until I was about 12 years old and that no talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammies.

Samir: Why don't you just, ah, go by Mike instead of Michael?

Michael: No way, why should I change. He's the one who sucks.
:lol: Love that movie! :lol: