PDA

View Full Version : Weird spooling noise and my car doesn't pull.. help again~~

EvoVIII
10-16-2004, 12:21 AM
ok.... Once again my car is messed up.... After driving it today, I notice some weird things have been going on with my car, I heard a weird noise when ever I push my car, suppose is suppose to be a spooling sound.... but now is like some air got sucking into the turbo instead.... I absolute don't know if it was a boost leak or not, but I do notice I still manage to get to 1.3 1.4 bar.... but the car doesn't pull + the weird noise, I absolute don't want to WOT my car rite now coz I am scare something might happen like last time... I would not like to tow my car again.... need some expert advise on what to do about this....

ace33joe
10-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Maybe fuel pump or ignition is bad? The car is not pulling but your have air (boost at least), so my guess is fuel or ignition. I hope you can fix that problem soon.

EvoVIII
10-16-2004, 02:44 PM
ignition as in Spark Plug??

MarkSAE
10-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Check for intake leaks. Try tightening down all your hose clamps. Even w/ leaky intercooler pipes, you can still boost 1.3-1.4 bar. Your turbo will just spin faster to achieve the same boost.

ace33joe
10-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Check for intake leaks. Try tightening down all your hose clamps. Even w/ leaky intercooler pipes, you can still boost 1.3-1.4 bar. Your turbo will just spin faster to achieve the same boost.

That's a good point. I guess you can tighten up the clamps and check for any leak if it's audible. How about rev the engine a little bit with the hood open? (You know you can adjust the throttle from the engine room also.)

I heard some people blew up the stock rubber intercooler hoses when they boost more, if all the clamps are tight and still leaking, maybe you have a torn hose. Then you can get silicon intercooler hoses which are known to be more durable.

Hope you can get it fixed soon.

LY03EVO-VIII
11-03-2004, 09:50 PM
did you fix your problem? cus im having the same problem

gaughtboost
11-18-2004, 11:37 AM
it is more than likely a boost leak so just test your intake pipes. and also check the clamps. and check your bov.

jspenc2
05-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey this reply may be a little late but I have the same problem at 6000rpm exactly in third gear have you had any answers yet? I had a greddy type S the first time,.. I just bought the greddy type RS and i VTA both times and it sounds like the BOV is opening up and leaking boost,.. the weird thing is ,... the BOV will hold 19psi the whole way and of course drop to 16lbs in every gear,.. but when 3rd hits 6000rpms, the noise begins, sounds like slipping belts at first,.. then if you listen closely, it does sound like the BOV letting air out like its wide open,.. car doesn't acclerate until I shift into 4th its like a "vacuum limiter" anyone know anything about this???

chills
05-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Funny.. I had this same thing happen to me last night.. First thing to check... is your air intake snorkel.. is it missing the clips to hold it to the body? Mine was and I was told it is pulling that up into the hood closing the air from getting in.. .so I zip tied that down and now I no longer have this problem... may be the same if you are missing the clips... I got my car used missing teh clips so I'm not sure where they went...

if those clips are there then I'm not sure other than to check all your connections for a hose which may have blown off...

Mine was kicking in in second gear around 5,500 and 6,000 RPM.. but same hissing sound and loss of power...

hope this helps.

p.s. I got this help and info last night from guys on evom.... I can't remember their names though...