PDA

View Full Version : Problems with exedy hyper single clutch and flywheel

Deviousone209
10-16-2004, 02:44 PM
i just recently put in my exedy hyper single plate clutch and flywheel, now i notice its hard to get it in gear now, any one know why and also my tranny is making alot of noises.

EvoVIII
10-16-2004, 07:07 PM
who put it in for u??

Deviousone209
10-17-2004, 11:01 AM
i did....it was fine for a while..like 3 weeks and now its hard to get into gear, could it be my push rod, i was told exedy clutches are known for not disengaging all the way cuz thats what its not doing..its not grinding it just wont go into gear

EvolvedDSM
10-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Have you adjusted the pedal and/or bled the line. It's not unheard of for clutches to need adjustment at some point during break-in.

Deviousone209
10-19-2004, 10:43 AM
oh i completly forogt to adjust it....how do i adjust the pedal cuz i think thats what i have to do

EvolvedDSM
10-23-2004, 02:24 PM
There's a threaded rod on the clutch pedal assembly under the dash. Just break the nut free (12mm), adjust in or out until you get it in spec and then tighten the nut.

Deviousone209
10-24-2004, 03:39 PM
thanx for the info, all it was , stupid me, i needed to add fluid to my res. and now it works fine...it was below the min mark..hey will taking out my restrictor on the clutch line help any? even though i have the exedy clutch and flywheel?

Jamie@WORKS
10-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Removing the restrictor allows quicker engagement/disengagement. It's there to help reduce the shock to the rest of your driveline.

vtluu
10-25-2004, 11:42 AM
The restrictor allows quicker engagement/disengagement.
Shouldn't that be, the restrictor prevents quicker engagement?

I spoke with an ACT rep at Rim of the World this year and his suggestion was not to take out the pill but rather, bore out the pinhole in it (through which the fluid normally has to pass) a little bit.

EvolvedDSM
10-25-2004, 11:15 PM
The restrictor allows quicker engagement/disengagement.
Shouldn't that be, the restrictor prevents quicker engagement?

I spoke with an ACT rep at Rim of the World this year and his suggestion was not to take out the pill but rather, bore out the pinhole in it (through which the fluid normally has to pass) a little bit.

You know what I mean ;)