PDA

View Full Version : Stage 1 Suspension Review.

john@rre
11-30-2007, 03:41 PM
]
Last week I purchased MR Bilsteins from Dmoney and put the strust on my car. Last friday talked to Josh and set up an appointment and discussed different setups, and questions I had about what and why things are, and what would be best. I decided to get a Stage 1 setup for monday.

The only bad was showing up at 8:30am and not being able to fid anyone or get a hold of anyone to drop the car off with. Dropped my roommate off and then left my keys with someone from RRE and got a call about an hour later from Josh. Now onto the really cool. They got my car in and out by 2pm, and met John and all the guys at the shop are really cool. Great being able to shoot the shit with John and learn more about the car.

Now for the car itself. As soon as I got in the car already felt better. No joke. Before even starting it up it felt more solid. Normally driving an evo there is some push in the corners and you feel the tail either grip and push the front or lose a lot of grip and the car get a little squirrely. Now taking a corner saying its neutral is an understatement. It corners. About what I would have expected from Coil Overs. It takes a corner well and is smooth and stable. I am really looking forward to taking this setup to Streets of Willow.

Also on another note since I had gotten my Dad's help putting the bilsteins in on saturday, I brought the car over for him to try out. He asked how much the setup was and just about shit when I told him. I had to have a 10 minute lecture from him about spending money wisely and all that.... So after the drive where he is driving faster and taking corners harder and harder... We get back and he says that is one of the best handling cars he has ever been in.

[edited to clarify title as Stage 1 "Suspension"]

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=25335.0