PDA

View Full Version : D1 Grand Prix 2/28/04

blitzkrgCT9A
01-14-2004, 03:02 AM
www.d1gp.com

The last one was a blast! So this is a must go for me!
Any of you guys want to go? :)

xchoirboy
01-14-2004, 08:19 AM
:P Hell yeah. Let me what day you are planning on going. Do I need to get reserved seats?

DB8GSR
01-14-2004, 08:58 AM
I bet this is going to be crowded as hell again like the last one in Irwindale. I had to park a mile away from the track. LoL!!

Here's a vid from the drift.
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album01/silviadrifthachi.wmv

vtluu
01-14-2004, 09:44 AM
Let me see, so you're talking about an automotive contest where the cars spend most of their time going sideways instead of fast and forward... and score is determined by judging... kinda like figure skating... or synchronized swimming? Um, okayyyyyyyy...

Well that's just how I feel. I guess I must be old-fashioned... :lol:

Nzo
01-14-2004, 10:40 AM
I'll be there. The way theyre doing tickets this time is retarded though...

blitzkrgCT9A
01-14-2004, 01:45 PM
aww...vtluu.. have you tried drifting? it takes a lot of skills to master it ;)

ob4
01-14-2004, 01:59 PM
drifting for me is going in too hot, need to trail brake, the tail comes around... get on gas. :o but in fact there's a lot more to drifting, but i don't think our cars like drifting, with the center diff wanting to spilt the power 50/50, as soon as you get back on the gas, the front will pull the rear right back in. you will need a lsd equiped rwd car to do good drifting.

DB8GSR
01-14-2004, 02:05 PM
For more Dorifto style, right click the link below and save as!!! There are Evos in there. :D

http://supasixfo.astyrrian.com/doriftu/Doriftu.WMV

ob4
01-14-2004, 02:36 PM
cool video. but still if you look at the evos in that video, the angle on the front wheels is not as great as say the silvia on the power slide exits. i think this is due the the front wheel getting power and pulling the car forward. besides your center diff is a viscous type unlike adc, which can allow more torque to the rear. but i have to agree that drifting is an art, it requires a lot more skill than it looks.

vtluu
01-14-2004, 03:15 PM
aww...vtluu.. have you tried drifting? it takes a lot of skills to master it ;)
I don't deny it takes skill. But so does synchronized swimming. That doesn't make it a sport. A spectator sport, maybe. :wink:

howiEVO8
01-14-2004, 08:24 PM
cool video. but still if you look at the evos in that video, the angle on the front wheels is not as great as say the silvia on the power slide exits. i think this is due the the front wheel getting power and pulling the car forward. besides your center diff is a viscous type unlike adc, which can allow more torque to the rear. but i have to agree that drifting is an art, it requires a lot more skill than it looks.

yes it is! drifting is one thing, and mastering it is another :)

AlwayzEVOlving
01-29-2004, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the vid DB8! Drifting is an artform....I think it takes much skill.

JanSolo
01-29-2004, 09:55 AM
I saw people drifting at Thunderhill. To me, it looked like people doing donuts in a parking lot. If that is what drifting is, then I am going to ask my friend if I can borrow his old Camaro. We used to make the best don.. er best drifts in that thing!

GokuSSJ4
01-29-2004, 10:15 AM
videos dont work !!! :(

warpspeed
01-29-2004, 01:44 PM
N.A.S.A. is having a drifting event on Feb 7th along with there normal event. Check out this site. https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=104

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 01:58 PM
okay was that last car trying to drift? = x

cuz it crashed the hell out of itself while trying to drift, i don't want to flip tryign to do a drift how fast was he going? o.O