PDA

View Full Version : camber kit

kataklyzm
10-18-2004, 10:30 PM
what kind and where did you get them? im gonna be lowering my car with the espelir active super downs, and im kinda clueless about what camber kit to get(if one is needed at all)

EvoVIII
10-19-2004, 12:17 AM
you don't neccessary need it, u can get some aggressive Alingment done to ur car besides u don't need to adjust it very often unless u tracker

chris
10-19-2004, 12:43 AM
i thought we have camber kitas on our cars already =X

vtluu
10-19-2004, 12:52 AM
i thought we have camber kitas on our cars already =X
No, we have eccentric bolts on the front struts that allow you to select -1 or -2 (+/- 0.5) degrees of camber. Not the same as a real camber kit or camber plates which allow much greater and finer degrees of adjustment.

chris
10-19-2004, 12:58 AM
ahh thanks tam =)

Jamie@WORKS
10-20-2004, 02:52 PM
WORKS offers adjustable camber plates that can be used with either stock or aftermarkets springs as well as some coilover kits: http://www.worksevo.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=129

10-20-2004, 02:55 PM
wat is a good spec for alightment guys

kataklyzm
10-20-2004, 05:30 PM
wear is my big issue :P

vtluu
10-20-2004, 06:01 PM
wat is a good spec for alightment guys
Depends on your application. For regular street driving, the stock alignment is pretty good.

To improve cornering you need more negative camber, and for better turn-in a bit of toe-out--but this will affect tire wear in everyday driving conditions. Also, toe-out can make the car "nervous" to drive--keep at least one hand on the wheel at all times or it may get away from you, because toe-out makes the car (slightly) inherently unstable.

So it's up to you to decide what your priorities are. Adjustable camber plates allow you to change your camber quickly--but remember changing camber affects toe, so you also need to be able to adjust your toe whenever you adjust your camber. There are tools for doing that as well.

BluEvo
10-20-2004, 09:57 PM
WORKS offers adjustable camber plates that can be used with either stock or aftermarkets springs as well as coilovers: http://www.worksevo.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=129will those work with the tein basic coilovers too??

RT
10-21-2004, 07:28 AM
We highly recommend the WORKS camber plates. Perfect fit and function, gave us even adjustment ability across the front of the car.
Construction of the plates is top notch, very highly recommended if you run 'R' compound tires. :peace:

Jamie@WORKS
10-21-2004, 10:51 AM
WORKS offers adjustable camber plates that can be used with either stock or aftermarkets springs as well as coilovers: http://www.worksevo.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=129will those work with the tein basic coilovers too??

After discussing this with Pete, I have to modify my original statement. The TEIN coilovers do use a different top hat which, in turn, requires a different camber plate. WORKS can get TEIN products, so if they produce a camber plate that fits their Basic kit, we'll be happy to order it for you.

MarkSAE
10-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Is it possible to have conservative alignment settings to get good tire wear, but upgrade the rear sway bar to get good turn-in?

I recently installed the WORKS rear sway bar and have the endlinks installed in the middle setting.

kataklyzm
10-21-2004, 09:58 PM
welll got the espelir springs installed and it looks like the rears are gonna be the biggest issue. do they make an eccentric bolt for that?

Jamie@WORKS
10-24-2004, 03:00 PM
welll got the espelir springs installed and it looks like the rears are gonna be the biggest issue. do they make an eccentric bolt for that?

To adjust rear camber?

BluEvo
10-24-2004, 06:14 PM
After discussing this with Pete, I have to modify my original statement. The TEIN coilovers do use a different top hat which, in turn, requires a different camber plate. WORKS can get TEIN products, so if they produce a camber plate that fits their Basic kit, we'll be happy to order it for you.jaime, thanks for looking into that. can you pm me the price for those. i am assuming just the fronts? or is it rears also.

kataklyzm
10-24-2004, 08:49 PM
well, looks like the espelir springs lowered it nice, and the camber stayed within spec. apparently theres a rear adjustment too