PDA

View Full Version : Autox 11, Slush Series Rd 2, Atwater, CA.

RT
10-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Well it was certainly fun running against the “best of the best”, to bad nobody had time to visit or introduce themselves. This is our rookie season in autox so it was a good measuring stick for us.

We ended up using a worn out set of Kumhos (all we had, Kumhos are really hard to come by right now) but still made time progress with the addition of a set of WORKS camber plates the week before the event, we highly recommend them. We didn’t cord the tires but just about all of the wear indicators were gone when we returned home.

Next event at Atwater is Nov. 6th and 7th (race 12 and 13) with a five lap enduro to be run after the autox is over. Luckily a local tire store that I’ve done business with for a very long time took the time to search the countryside for us and by Tuesday (after the event) we once again had a complete, fresh set of Kumhos to finish the season with.

So if any of you Central Valley Evos are interested, come out and give it a try first weekend in November, hope to see you there.

8)

chrisw
10-27-2004, 11:24 AM
That course was fun, but the finish was F*** dangerous. It really needed to be at least another 50 ft longer to give some more braking room.

I had problems at the end, especially when those pickups were strategically parked in what little run off area there was... not fun at all.

When I was working I watched at least 2 cars take out the timing lights trying to stop...

vtluu
10-27-2004, 12:04 PM
That course was fun, but the finish was F*** dangerous. It really needed to be at least another 50 ft longer to give some more braking room.

I had problems at the end, especially when those pickups were strategically parked in what little run off area there was... not fun at all.

When I was working I watched at least 2 cars take out the timing lights trying to stop...
I didn't take out the lights, but I did lose it coming in to the finish on my 3rd run and take out 10 cones--a personal best (or worst, I guess). :oops: :lol:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album198/autox_tam_20041010c.wmv

I had so many cones under my car that one of them actually unhooked the wire to my oil temp gauge.

chrisw
10-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Tam, you did the same thing I did when the pickups were strategically parked. The only difference was on my run I was doing everything I could to keep from spinning out.

vtluu
11-02-2004, 03:36 AM
Slush Series Round 3 results are up: http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2004/Slush/round3.html

Congrats to Adrian on handily winning SM for a second time (granted a lot of the "big guns" weren't there), and to Joe, Chris (and his co-driver) on excellent showings as well. I wish I could have done better; I seem to be suffering from "first run syndrome" where I do a decent first run and then just f*** up every subsequent run. :(

Congrats to Duncan Minalga (whoever/wherever you are) as well on winning A Stock in the first local showing by an Evo RS. I felt a bunch of front wheelspin accelerating into that straight, sure wish I had a front LSD... ;)