PDA

View Full Version : A friend told me something interesting today

JanSolo
01-14-2004, 09:35 PM
A guy who works at the company next to mine owns an STI. So a few weeks back, we traded cars for a while - he ended up driving my old red Evo for about 30 - 45mins. The whole time, he was going on how amazing the handling was, how easily it turned, etc - basically that he loved it. Then I spent all of 10 minutes in his STI - and of course, I liked it, but I didn't go as crazy for the STI as he did for the Evo.

Well, he sent me a mail today asking how much I paid for my black Evo because it turns out - he wants to buy an Evo now! He said that the only car under 50k that even gets close to exciting him is our lovely Evos. So, we might have yet another Evo owner joining us here and in future events. And of course, I offered him one last test drive to seal the deal.

A long time ago, I took pics of our cars parked next to eachother. This is what he is hoping to see in his garage.

http://www.janmahler.org/images/sti_and_evo_3.jpg

vtluu
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Dunno, if he's willing to pay up to $50k I'd suggest waiting for the Lotus Elise...

chris
01-14-2004, 10:23 PM
thats a wow. hope to see him soon...

howiEVO8
01-15-2004, 12:57 AM
A guy who works at the company next to mine owns an STI. So a few weeks back, we traded cars for a while - he ended up driving my old red Evo for about 30 - 45mins. The whole time, he was going on how amazing the handling was, how easily it turned, etc - basically that he loved it. Then I spent all of 10 minutes in his STI - and of course, I liked it, but I didn't go as crazy for the STI as he did for the Evo.

Well, he sent me a mail today asking how much I paid for my black Evo because it turns out - he wants to buy an Evo now! He said that the only car under 50k that even gets close to exciting him is our lovely Evos. So, we might have yet another Evo owner joining us here and in future events. And of course, I offered him one last test drive to seal the deal.

A long time ago, I took pics of our cars parked next to eachother. This is what he is hoping to see in his garage.

http://www.janmahler.org/images/sti_and_evo_3.jpg

yay!!! i hope he doesn't get lots in the parking lot like jstockdale lolz j/k...
now we'll have at least 8! rawr!

JanSolo
01-15-2004, 01:00 AM
Lord Stockdale has an interesting Evo. I would really like to see what Works has done to his car.

howiEVO8
01-15-2004, 01:02 AM
yeah crazy list of mods, that'd be cool if i was able to see it that one day hehe...hmmm...is he coming on the 24th?

JanSolo
01-15-2004, 01:05 AM
yeah crazy list of mods, that'd be cool if i was able to see it that one day hehe...hmmm...is he coming on the 24th?

Apparently. I hope my directions are better than the ones from Monday. :P

howiEVO8
01-15-2004, 01:18 AM
haha yeah well, now everyone will know exactly where it is...we should have known better never follow directions of yahoo maps lolz....plus it was kinda my fault i should have looked at the map/directions and double checked it = (

sorry

ob4
01-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Dunno, if he's willing to pay up to $50k I'd suggest waiting for the Lotus Elise...

that's a fun car to have, if it did came out eariler, i would've bought it instead... they run for around 39k msrp... and factory coilover setup with larger wheel/tire package for 3k more. epoxy bonded aluminum chassis, fibre glass shell, less then 2000lb, with a 190hp motor... it's a street legal kart.

and as soon as i bought the evo, Mit. comes out with a rs... :(

chris
01-15-2004, 09:27 AM
aye howie.. i just talked to marcel, and a few other evos that they told me just to call them up to meet at coffee lovers and head off to mc carthy. so we gonna meet at coffee lovers at 10:30. that be me,you,marcel,a white evo, black evo, and a blue evo that day =) maybe jan can stop by as well =D

DB8GSR
01-15-2004, 10:39 AM
There's something about the STi's look that still bugs me up to day. :lol: http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/driving.gif

vtluu
01-15-2004, 10:44 AM
For me it's mainly those two weird panels in the front corners, you know the ones with the pink STi logo on them. Shouldn't there be openings there to guide air to the brakes? They just don't like they're supposed to be there--as if the holes were designed in and someone just plugged them up.

DB8GSR
01-15-2004, 10:51 AM
I think those 2 front panels can be replaced it with those big-o fog lights. I believe that was an option at the dealership.

I think what bugs me is that huge hood scoop. It really does resemble some sort of a bird catcher with pointy edge that will kill it immediately then swallow. :twisted: :roll:

vtluu
01-15-2004, 12:03 PM
My friend Jason actually witnessed a bird being sucked into a hood scoop (might have been a regular WRX) at an autocross event. The car screeched to a stop and the bird flew out again. :lol:

howiEVO8
01-15-2004, 02:47 PM
aye howie.. i just talked to marcel, and a few other evos that they told me just to call them up to meet at coffee lovers and head off to mc carthy. so we gonna meet at coffee lovers at 10:30. that be me,you,marcel,a white evo, black evo, and a blue evo that day =) maybe jan can stop by as well =D

sounds good! :) i'll be thurrr lolz