PDA

View Full Version : new MR shift knob.

thomas
10-20-2004, 11:36 PM
sup fellas. im looking for the new mr shift knob. anybody kno where i can get one? my dealership (roseville) says they cant get any in? weird? juss curious to see if any of yous out therre have any luck. thx in advance.

i think im getting tired of my stocker. the mr looks like its a tid bit higher and nicer!

if wilson is in here, id like to hear him chime in!

Jamie@WORKS
10-21-2004, 10:41 AM
WORKS has one, but I'm not sure how quickly Pete is going to give it up ;) I'm sure we could order one for you as well.

EvoVIII
10-21-2004, 11:19 AM
I guess u guys got an MR then huh, how does it feel compare to the 03??

Evo8andahalf
10-21-2004, 11:20 AM
how much would they go for if you guys ordered some?

wilson1
10-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Why would you want it on a 5 spd?

Cuz the 6 spd is engraved on top.

vtluu
10-21-2004, 02:44 PM

Whoever's driving and doesn't know it is in for a rude surprise when they shift to "6th" gear. :lol:

ytsejam
10-21-2004, 03:04 PM
troo that, wilson :)
i think thomas is going with 6-spd conversion :)

wilson1
10-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Actually the new knob feels better because it's got bigger ball, feels better when you hold it.
Lengthwise, it feels about the same,
but man, it's butterly smooth!

10-21-2004, 03:44 PM
ummm bigger ball? wonder if works' ball bigger or MR 's ball bigger. wat u think about that Wilson? :P

wilson1
10-21-2004, 03:52 PM
ummm bigger ball? wonder if works' ball bigger or MR 's ball bigger. wat u think about that Wilson? :P

:lol: :lol:
Now, i have to go and check who got the biggest ball! :oops:

thomas
10-21-2004, 04:39 PM
WORKS has one, but I'm not sure how quickly Pete is going to give it up ;) I'm sure we could order one for you as well.

hey jamie, yea if you dont mind looking into that and PM me with the details; how much, how long i would have to wait, and whether i should come p/u or deliver, that would be great.

thx. keep me informed. 8)

thomas
10-21-2004, 04:43 PM

i didnt kno that...and now i do, and knowing is half the battle! yo joe! oops, sorry, got off track.

i still think it looks good, i wanna try to keep a "factory" look, even though ive got an aftermarket stereo and some gauges, haha. :P

plus hopefully itll match my pedals.

yo G? whereve you been? long time no chat? ill hit you up sometime next week, and well hang out, yea?

Jamie@WORKS
10-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Actually, the optional Mitsu ball that's been available for a while has that little cap with the 5-speed diagram on it and it is the exact same size as the 6-speed cap on the MR knob. Problem solved: MR knob w/ the 5-speed cap! You will miss out on the carbon weave though ;)

I doubt that the cap would be available separately, but you may be able to track one down. I'll checking pricing and availability on Monday as we're headed out to the track tonight/tomorrow.