PDA

View Full Version : Auto-X questions

LEVIII
10-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Im auto crossing for the frist time tommorrow with the evo and I am wondering what class I should be in?

Also will anyone else be in stockton for auto X tommorrow?

vtluu
10-22-2004, 11:39 PM
What mods do you have (if any)?

Evo can run in A Stock, E Street Prepared, Street Modified, or Street Touring Ultra, depending on what mods you have installed.

As I recall, this weekend is the auto-x Enduro at Stockton--multiple-lap auto-x. Should be fun though I'm wondering how beginner-friendly an event that is. Oh well, I'm sure you'll have a blast. I'm not going as I'm not a big fan of the Stockton site, and I need to save my tires for next weekend.

Remember, look ahead, brake for turns, slow-in/fast-out, and go slow to go fast! ;)

RT
10-23-2004, 06:39 AM
If you've done nothing at all to the car, AS (A Stock). If you've some mods but no boost changes, ESP (E Street Prepared). If your boost has been increased or you have an aftermarket BOV or both, SM (Street Modified)

I'm assuming you have the stock Advans still on so set your front tire pressures to 40 PSI and the rear to around 36 or 37 and have fun. Be sure to arrive early enough to walk the course, very important.

Approach it like a road you've never been on before. Take it easy the first lap trying to remember the course and make the gates. Next run try a little harder, not to fast but try to pick up the pace in the easier sections. Third run, go for it, try to run clean but if a couple cones are lost along the way for knowledged thats O.K. :wink:

Above all have fun. We run just down the way at Atwater, old Castle AFB. Try and make it down some time, our last event is Nov. 6th and 7th with a five lap enduro as well. 8)

vtluu
10-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Above all have fun. We run just down the way at Atwater, old Castle AFB. Try and make it down some time, our last event is Nov. 6th and 7th with a five lap enduro as well. 8)
:jawdrop: Enduro at Atwater? I am soooooo there! (Don't know how the Azenis Sports will feel after 5 laps though...)

RT
10-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Cool, hope to see you there. This should be a more laid back event than the last one, it'll be our first enduro, really lookin' forward to it. :D

Got a new set of full tread VictoRacers mounted, heat cycled and ready to go. 8)

MarkSAE
10-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Where can I get more info about the auto-x at Atwater?

I went to the auto-x today in stockton and I think I caught the bug again. This was my first auto-x in about 4.5 years and just my luck, it had to rain! Regardless, I had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I was the only EVO there.

RT
10-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Additional info for the Fresno Chapter of the SFR can be found here -

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Fresno/index.html

LEVIII
10-23-2004, 10:03 PM
I didnt show in stockton today cause I was on my way there from sac and when I hit galt the car felt a little funny (pulling to the right) so I pulled over and the tire was low, I filled it up at a gas station and went to a local galt tire shop to get a flat repair, they started pulling the wheel and noticed 2 bubbles in the side wall, they were huge taking up over half the tire. I swapped to the doughnut spare and limped home at 50 mph. Got to Sac and called mitsu to see if by some miracle I could get some warrenty help, they told me yes warranty is good but only at a Yokohama dealer so after several hours of looking for a Yok dealer I found one and they told me there is no warranty on stock tires no matter what brand.so I said screw it and asked if I could just buy one so I could at least race tommorrow but they are back ordered. After another long while i found a used tire shop who had 2 Kumos they would do for 100 mounted and balanced otd. I took it even though the tires arent that great it is only two of em and it will hold me through winter and I can still race tommorrw.

RT
10-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Wow, what a day bud! The Yoko dealer is full of it, look up Yoko's corp number in the phone book and let them know whats up with the local dealer. Some dealers and outlets aren't rated for the better tires and can't even get them. Americas Tire stores carry Advan comp tires, as well as Kumhos, once you have time give them a try.

Hope you have a better day today. :wink:

8)

MarkSAE
11-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Anyone know what the run group schedule is like for tomorrow's auto-x? I'll either run in ESP or SM. I'm thinking about driving out there for this one. I just need to have an idea of when I need to head out.

MarkSAE
11-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Nevermind, I just found the answer to my own question here:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Fresno/e_news.htm

vtluu
11-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Can't make it tomorrow (need to fix my rear swaybar bracket) but might head out there Sunday...