PDA

View Full Version : SES?

meape
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
I just got my first Service Engine Soon(SES) light on my 05. The car has 23,500 miles and has been flashed with a P2 since about 8K with the only other engine mods at that time being the Works Stealth ABM and air filter. At about 21K, I added a 3 inch DP, HFC, 3 inch IP, but I kept the Stealth ABM. The car has seen a number of track days from completely stock to the latest mods with absolutely no engine/drivetrain issues. Saturday, I put on a Works Exhale ABM. As soon as I fired it up, the SES went on and it has stayed lit. It seems to run fine and feels (totally subjective) to pull a bit better just from changing to the Exhale muffler.

I guess I need to get the error code identified and then cleared, but even with those somewhat minimal mods going to a dealer does not seem like a good idea. The car is running good, but I am a bit leary of driving it too much until I get the error code identified. I can't believe just changing the ABM would cause the SES light to go on, but then again I don't believe in coincidences and it is seemingly the only "variable".

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Fa-Q
12-17-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't have an answer to issue, i guess try calling WORKS...but if you want to get rid of that stealthworks muffler let me know.

DirectorSe7en
12-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Haha, already trying to part out his car huh?

evo_ate_gsr
12-17-2007, 02:40 PM
^^ JAJA scavengers!!! jk

Umm... i mean i guess the fact that its moving air a bit faster out the exhaust might be trippin out your o2 sensor? i don't know if that matters with a HFC vs. a Test Pipe or not though.

Get the Code read, and cleared. otherwise, if you dont already, maybe you need the anti fouler CEL fix for your exhaust.

wzcx
12-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Come to SRM, where Works are- (is?) and have them take a look, they won't hassle you about mods.

byt
12-17-2007, 03:08 PM
get the code pulled at autozone for free.

if it's the rear o2, it's cuz of the hfc. do the $5 drilled out spark plug anti-foulers and you'll be set.

RREVOVIII
12-18-2007, 07:45 PM
i can pull the code for you if you want? pm me you location

RREVOVIII
12-18-2007, 07:54 PM
i notice that you have an 03! that SES light could just be a P0300 Random Misfire, which is pretty common ;) but if you wanna be sure, pm me ill be glad to help you

esco
12-21-2007, 01:58 AM
i notice that you have an 03! that SES light could just be a P0300 Random Misfire, which is pretty common ;) but if you wanna be sure, pm me ill be glad to help you

depends. I have an 03. Registration and everything says 03. took it to eip and the map for an 03. didnt work. the 04 did. some ecu's are 04's.