PDA

View Full Version : Zeal Super Function R Double Adjustable Ext Res

AutoRnD
10-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey guys,

WE've had an amazing amount of feedback from an STI that we've sponsored with our flagship suspension. He's kicking some serious ass at Thill.

I wanted to post just a little bit of info to make you guys aware of this product. It is 6 way adjustable rebound, and 6 way compression. All aluminum body, extremely lightweight. Not recommended for the street but he has been driving them on the street and to the track.

As of right now he's taking out GT3 porsches at Thill. So much so that Stoptech is offerring him a full sponsorship on their brakes so he can test them out. I was hoping he'd go endless but it's hard to pass up free. In any case, i'm dying to get these onto a

Competitive EVO8 under a sponsorship deal.

Retail: $4880.00

Please inquire for sponsorship pricing. These will be air freighted so we can get them quickly to acquire feedback and testing.

http://endlessusa.com/products/categories/sub21.jpg

wilson1
10-25-2004, 01:34 PM
This sounds interesting!

e8
10-25-2004, 01:55 PM
what kind of events does the STi run at thunderhill?

AutoRnD
10-25-2004, 02:13 PM
He ran an event a few weeks back. Just a club event. He his higly competitive in Solo II however. We're working out his campaign for next year. His first name is Tim.

jbigelow
10-25-2004, 05:13 PM
NIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!

wilson, where you at? ;)

wilson1
10-25-2004, 05:30 PM
NIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!

wilson, where you at? ;)

rishie don't want me! :oops:

V8KiLL3R
10-25-2004, 05:33 PM
cool 8)

AutoRnD
10-25-2004, 07:16 PM
YEs I do. I want you wilson. bigs vouches for ya. But we need to work out details. I'll offer up spots in different regions. Probably got about four available.

Rishie

vtluu
10-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Don't suppose they would sponsor a cone-dodger like me? ;) (I'm signed up for track events too but it'll be a while before I consider myself "competitive" on the track.)

(Wilson, stop hogging all the cool toys for yourself! :lol:)

AutoRnD
10-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Just an an FYI. This is not a free full sponsorship. It would entail purchasing the product at my cost. We will air freight these and continue to support your setup needs for this suspension.

The only thing I don't want is someone who is not experienced making claims and allegations about this suspension. I need someone who can eloquently discuss the amazing attributes and characteristics of this suspension.

Thanks, Rishie

vtluu
10-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the info. Even at your cost these are gonna be over what I'm prepared to pay anyway--besides which they're total overkill for my skill level. :oops: I'll start with something cheap(er) like the RRE JICs and upgrade when I've outgrown them... :)

AutoRnD
10-25-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm amazed that the JIC's are so revered. I have had so much experience with that product and it led to very poor service from JIC USA. I'm sure RRE will handle your needs and it's good you're getting from a local dealer.

We are closing out a promotion on the Zeal Function Xs coil that we have in stock right now. Please let me know if this is of interest to you.

Thanks, Rishie

I appreciate your honesty. I need someone who will really make use of what this suspension has to offer.

methods4
10-27-2004, 12:53 PM
I ran into Tim at Buttonwillow a couple weeks ago. He was probably the fastest guy of the day in his STi. I could only stay with him for a few corners then he was gone. I was pretty impressed. We yapped a bit and he's been through all the big name coilover setups and says nothing can touch these Zeals. I think he mentioned that he was running the titanium springs as well. He also some other suspension mods on top of the Zeals. It was my 2nd time running at Buttonwillow in that configuration (first time was about 5 yrs ago). I was turning 2:14s and he was probably turning at least sub 2:08s.

On another note, I would love to get in on your sponsorship deal but personally can't justify the cost of them for non-competitive track days. :-)

AutoRnD
10-28-2004, 01:15 AM
I greatly appreciate your testimony as well methods4. Tim has been a valuable source of feedback for the Impreza line of the R series. I would like to emulate this within the EVO community.

In reality I do believe this is your best bang for buck Double Adjustable coilover. I've looked into Moton and Penske setups. Not so cheap and we are offerring the same services. However I'm certain our setup is lighter.

Rishie

10-29-2004, 07:23 AM
We race with Tim on a regular basis and I have to say he has the fastest STI we’ve seen so far, of course $70,000 should make it the fastest STI around. But Tim is a good driver and drives his car very well.

We on the other hand have only spent $2700 total on our Evo since we first purchased it, $800 of which was spent making minor tweaks to the car during the past (rookie) year.

At the beginning of the year Tim was some 7 seconds plus ahead of us on lap times. No prob, had to make alignment changes, added camber plates, R compound tires and seat time. By Tim’s own comments to us at the track (which also matches our time estimates) we’ve cut the gap down to about 2 ½ seconds.

Sorry, we already have a sponsor through the end of next year and they can fit us with the same suspension. From what we’ve seen, Tim’s STI is better with the Zeals and this helped us decide which way to go in the future.

If you’re a dedicated racer go with the Zeal Function Rs. 8)

wilson1
10-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Hummmmmmmmmm

earlyapex
11-02-2004, 12:56 PM
What does Tim have that costs 35k?

From what I saw, he is only running exhuast for power. The zeals, SSR's, r-compounds, etc etc.

What is Tim and you guys running at thill? I take it this is your home track since Tim said the last buttonwillow event was his first time on that track.

RT
11-03-2004, 06:47 AM
:dumas:

Gruppe-S
11-03-2004, 10:22 AM
We race with Tim on a regular basis and I have to say he has the fastest STI we’ve seen so far, of course $70,000 should make it the fastest STI around. But Tim is a good driver and drives his car very well.

We on the other hand have only spent $2700 total on our Evo since we first purchased it, $800 of which was spent making minor tweaks to the car during the past (rookie) year.

At the beginning of the year Tim was some 7 seconds plus ahead of us on lap times. No prob, had to make alignment changes, added camber plates, R compound tires and seat time. By Tim’s own comments to us at the track (which also matches our time estimates) we’ve cut the gap down to about 2 ½ seconds.

Sorry, we already have a sponsor through the end of next year and they can fit us with the same suspension. From what we’ve seen, Tim’s STI is better with the Zeals and this helped us decide which way to go in the future.

If you’re a dedicated racer go with the Zeal Function Rs. 8)

I think I can safely say that Tim does not have $35k over sticker in his STI, perhaps his other Subaru but not the STI.

I tuned his STI prior to the T-Hill track day and to the best of my knowledge Tim's STI has only a Turboback exhaust (perhaps headers as well

He does have those rather nice Zeals and a couple of other suspension items but that is it.

Mike

RT
11-03-2004, 01:18 PM
The dollar figure was stated by Tim, plenty of folks heard him say it, maybe he was thinking of his other car.

We have no axe to grind with Tim, he is very fast, the best thing we've had to measure improvements by all year. There might be local club politics that comes with being one of the fastest around (which he is) but we don't care because we're not clubers either.

Our own opinion of Tim is that he could take ESP in this region next year if he really tried.

Do we think his STI is stock? ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

11-03-2004, 09:07 PM
The dollar figure was stated by Tim, plenty of folks heard him say it, maybe he was thinking of his other car.

We have no axe to grind with Tim, he is very fast, the best thing we've had to measure improvements by all year. There might be local club politics that comes with being one of the fastest around (which he is) but we don't care because we're not clubers either.

Our own opinion of Tim is that he could take ESP in this region next year if he really tried.

Do we think his STI is stock? ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

When did I say his STi is stock? I was asking what his track setup is that cost 35k because I sure as heck didn't see 35k worth of stuff on his car at buttonwillow.

Autox is a different story that I don't realy care about.. I used to, but not anymore.

http://www.nsxfiles.com/images/s2k_laguna_triangle_7.jpg

earlyapex
11-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Damn this guest posting, that was me ^^^^^^^^^^

RT
11-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Actually my comment was for Mike and the money number is neither here nor there for us. Like I said, maybe because he was standing with his STI everyone there thought that’s what he was taking about. Not a bid deal for us one way or the other.

We’ve witnessed his speed, we’ve seen it on a regular basis, we‘re satisfied that we‘ve been competing against one of the fastest of the STI type that’s in the area. The car is well prepared (for whatever it may have) and that’s the biggest point.

We can highly recommend the Zeals because we can see the improvement it made in our competitors car, and since we know he’s a good driver, we can see it as a product that delivers improvements.

Gruppe-S
11-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Yea I would imagine he was talking about his WRX, and the $70k would probably the amount he has in it as it's a 10 second car by all accounts.

Yep the Zeal's are good and Tim is a good driver.

ESP huh? Now I know why he asked me to leave the boost control stock that makes sense.

Mike

RT
11-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Mike - Thanks for that note on the WRX, confirms for us that folks at the local level have information mixed up on the two cars. Cool. 8)

AutoRnD
11-09-2004, 02:23 AM
The STI tim is running out there is not heavily modified at all. Just the basics. I can't wait to see him in action.

Rishie

RT
11-09-2004, 08:42 AM
We all had a good weekend of racing; Tim did real well in the 5 lap enduro. I didn’t hear all the times at the end because I had to work the track but I know he had an adjusted time of like a 4:01 for the 5 laps and was fastest at that point.

We ran a long course, two big sweepers, a crossover, couple of 2nd gear sections, some good 3rd gear areas too. Only a handfull of the hotshoes ran in the 57s to 59s. The next handfull (of very fast drivers, all local hotshoes) ran 1.00 to about 1.03s (Tim ran in that time zone, 1.00 to 1.02s). Our best was a 1.04.31 with stock shocks and springs so we ended the season well.

Already looking forward to next year..... 8)