PDA

View Full Version : NorCalEvo.net calling card--final design

vtluu
01-16-2004, 02:16 AM
Okay folks, I've spent time refining the most-voted-for design: the card now sports the "official" NorCalEvo.net logo, I added the line "Deals, group buys" since there was some extra space, used a higher-resolution photo, and tweaked the colours a bit. Here are the two finalists (drum roll, please...):

Design #1: dark on light:
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album14/norcalevo_card_3a_s.jpg

Design #2: light on dark:
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album14/norcalevo_card_3b_s.jpg

vtluu
01-16-2004, 02:19 AM
I'm definitely liking #2 better: the colours are bolder and brighter and contrast seems generally better. By design the background photo in #1 is washed out.

leif
01-16-2004, 02:20 AM
number one fo sho

chris
01-16-2004, 02:23 AM

chris
01-16-2004, 02:26 AM
keep up the good work also =D

01-16-2004, 02:28 AM
#2 :)

howiEVO8
01-16-2004, 03:57 AM
oh crap i guess that was me lolz (guest) wtheezy

maybe if you add a bullet point that says hoes and sluts hella ppl would want to join...or maybe hooker group discounts rofl

fiddy dollaz for first dibs, 10 dollaz for sloppy seconds

ahAHahahahahHaAA!

vtluu
01-16-2004, 10:17 AM
Oy vey, I see it's been a long week... :roll:

JanSolo
01-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Any way you can just use the 2F2F Evo instead of a pic of our cars? ;)

coolguy949
01-16-2004, 10:47 AM
#2 here too

thanks for all the work you've put in to this

uhoh_evo
01-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Any way you can just use the 2F2F Evo instead of a pic of our cars? ;)

i think it's better to show our cars to show how involved we get, but it does kinda suck that it's not a parkin lot full of evos. neways, im likin #2 jes cuz it's more vivid, but it might be kinda hard to read on a card. (that's what these are for, right?" :? i think there should be more of a fog effect around the bulleted words. that might make it better

JanSolo
01-16-2004, 02:38 PM
i think it's better to show our cars to show how involved we get, but it does kinda suck that it's not a parkin lot full of evos. neways, im likin #2 jes cuz it's more vivid, but it might be kinda hard to read on a card. (that's what these are for, right?" :? i think there should be more of a fog effect around the bulleted words. that might make it better

I was joking about the 2F2F Evo. I think that Evo is a disgrace to all of our cars.

EvolvedDSM
01-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Although it looks good, #2 is too busy. The first one you really don't see much besides the EVOs in the background. The second one you can see everything in vivid detail (including Best Buy) back there. Also, #1 seems to come across more professional.

vtluu
01-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback everybody. I think everybody (except Howie :P) made some good points. I agree the second design looks a bit "busy". You may notice I used a subtle soft shadow underneath the text to improve contrast.

Hopefully the 24th will be a nice day and we can get some nice daylight photos which will make for better dark-on-light designs.

Anyway I've spent more time than any of you agonizing over which to go with, and finally this morning sent off an order for 250 cards of design #2. I'm hoping to have these by the 24th but they (iPrint.com) said "10 business days" so it may be a long shot. The cards are fairly cheap to print (about $20 for 250) so if we have other people chipping in in the future we could even go with multiple designs--to suit all tastes. I justed wanted to get one batch done to see the quality of the printing... and regardless, it's better than leaving a slip of paper on someone's windshield. 8)

evo_dadi
01-16-2004, 10:09 PM
kool! very nice tam and thx for putting in the work for it. ill chip in some on the 24th and i hope you get them also by that time.

howiEVO8
01-17-2004, 12:26 PM
okay here's a suggestion....make it like #1, but with less fade...
so its in b/t two and one....with design #1 its too vague and a bit faded away too much imo...but two is too distinct cuz the fact there's only a few evos...so i can see both views on this...
hmmm...but then again if its too much work either one will work...since i dont know any photoshop i'm not gonna complain too much hehe

vtluu
01-27-2004, 12:55 AM
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album14/norcalevo_card_3b_s.jpg

I still have about a hundred cards left. If anybody wants some, please PM me with your address and I'll mail some out to you. Limit 5 per customer. While supplies last. And until I run out of stamps. :)