PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

nebolic
12-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi Guys,

while we're at it, might as well throw out as many suggestions as you like. I'll block out a few hours this weekend to go through the suggestions and make any improvements to the site.

thanks,
nebo

Matz
12-28-2007, 01:32 PM
- can you make the smiley popup work again? (i.e. the [more] link)
- can you get the search engine either 100% google based, or make the one built into SMF return consistent results? I have times where I search using keywords I had used before (it's in my history window), but the results don't always include the threads I was expecting to see.
- buyer / seller ratings?

DirectorSe7en
12-28-2007, 01:47 PM
+1 on Buyer/Seller ratings.

mtsevovii
12-28-2007, 03:33 PM
heres a very long shot...

bring our old gallery back? i remember Jan saying its long gone...

DirectorSe7en
12-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Wait, I got a better one. How about people only have that Gallery badge if you have actually uploaded images. I hate clicking it wondering if they have any photos just to find out there's none.

awdaddict
12-28-2007, 04:14 PM
more girls?

have more mods...
esp the Off topic & the classified thread.

Smiles would be great

PANGES
12-28-2007, 04:17 PM
I would like:

*The smiley pop up window to work as well.

*Buyer/Seller ratings.

*Is it possible to be able to search "threads started by user" and not just "posts made by users"? Sometime's I know someone made a thread about something and I try to search their user names, but it takes forever to look thru all the posts they made to find the right thread.

*I volunteer to be the post whore mod of Off Topic and Classifieds since I'm always in there! :lol:

* I also would like about a 500,000 post count. I would also like the anus and butt jokes off my profile if possible. :D

<--

DirectorSe7en
12-28-2007, 04:24 PM
have more mods... +1 ;) :) :P

nebolic
12-28-2007, 04:26 PM
any suggestions on who the mods would be?

nebo

PANGES
12-28-2007, 04:27 PM
^ I can mod the off topic and classifides since I'm always in there and have nothing better to do at work. :)

nebolic
12-28-2007, 04:32 PM
^ I can mod the off topic and classifides since I'm always in there and have nothing better to do at work. :)

sorry the butt and anus title was given to you by another mod, you'll have to speak to him as i think he has a thing for your anus and butt....

nebo

PANGES
12-28-2007, 04:36 PM

sorry the butt and anus title was given to you by another mod, you'll have to speak to him as i think he has a thing for your anus and butt....

nebo

Awww. Well, I guess, since my anus and butt are pretty sexy. :D

awdaddict
12-28-2007, 04:38 PM
off topic mod should be like Wilson... gotta keep him frm buying stuff anyways.

I'm kinda interested to be the private classified thread to help putting things in the right sub category.

hmmm... really I have no specific set of criteria... just someone who's active in the NCE comm and has time for the forum as well.

player67
12-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I can mod power mods....

PANGES
12-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I can mod power mods....

No you can't. You dont have enough powa!! :D

player67
12-29-2007, 06:31 PM
WOW PANGY...WOW...It's on......It's DEFINITELY on.......:-p

awdaddict
12-29-2007, 08:48 PM
:bump:

RREVOVIII
12-29-2007, 09:02 PM
I can mod power mods....

No you can't. You dont have enough powa!! :D

WOW PANGY...WOW...It's on......It's DEFINITELY on.......:-p
:shock: :shock:

player67
12-31-2007, 02:55 AM
lol^

kinetics
12-31-2007, 03:49 AM
fight! fight! fight! fight!
hahaha :lol:

Travisivart190
01-01-2008, 01:43 AM
One thing that I was wondering about is a dedicated place for music. Kind of like how Photography has their own section, I'd like to see implementation of a specific board to discuss our musical tastes. I think it would be really cool figuring out new bands, be able to post artist related youtube videos, etc etc. Just my .02... I also think that a seller rating system would be beneficial.

Travis

awdaddict
01-01-2008, 03:54 PM
:bump:

PANGES
01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
One thing that I was wondering about is a dedicated place for music. Kind of like how Photography has their own section, I'd like to see implementation of a specific board to discuss our musical tastes. I think it would be really cool figuring out new bands, be able to post artist related youtube videos, etc etc. Just my .02... I also think that a seller rating system would be beneficial.

Travis

Stop trying to turn Nor Cal Evo into Nor Cal Everything! :(

Travisivart190
01-02-2008, 07:03 PM

Travis

Stop trying to turn Nor Cal Evo into Nor Cal Everything! :(

Well than stop trying to turn NorCal Evo into NorCal Post Brothel! :P

Travis

Ben
01-02-2008, 07:17 PM
any suggestions on who the mods would be?

nebo

Ooooh oooooh pick me!

Travis

Seller rating is definitely needed and a music forum would be a nice way to top it off.

dabaysevo
01-02-2008, 07:33 PM
How did I miss this?

1)You need 1-2 more mods.

2)Buyer seller rating

3)The search feature needs to be better, sometimes it seems like the google search in the upper right hand corner of the page is better than the actual forum search.

4)The search for "Threads By" along with the "Post By" feature is a good idea.

Also having someone have the ability to keep the home page updated would be good. Â*I would hate to have Hypermeet 09' come along and still have the 08' banner still up on the home page. :D

trinydex
01-04-2008, 06:03 PM
can we delete the redirect threads in the classifieds

trinydex
01-04-2008, 06:05 PM
How did I miss this?

1)You need 1-2 more mods.

2)Buyer seller rating

3)The search feature needs to be better, sometimes it seems like the google search in the upper right hand corner of the page is better than the actual forum search.

4)The search for "Threads By" along with the "Post By" feature is a good idea.

Also having someone have the ability to keep the home page updated would be good. I would hate to have Hypermeet 09' come along and still have the 08' banner still up on the home page. :D

this is actually cuz most people don't know how to use the search feature on this forum architecture.

in order to search the entire site you must either search inside a preexisting search window or search the socalevo forums index.

if you want to search in a forum you must go into the forum and search.

you can use " " in any searches and that actually works (unlike the evom type forum architecture)

searching a thread is not possible i think, as it doesn't turn up stuff just in the thread but you can search for phrases and you can click the post link instead of the thread link.

evo_ate_gsr
01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
mroe smilies!!!

Make me a mod for off topic.

im jk.

bump!!

DirectorSe7en
01-04-2008, 06:27 PM
How about a dedicated section for the Evo X? It's an entirey new Engine & Car. With entirey new parts that will generate it's own popularity.

Better to do that now rather then spend days moving everything after you see how flooded and un-organized the info can become once it releases.

trinydex
01-04-2008, 06:38 PM
yeah the x threads needa get centralized

DirectorSe7en
01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Unleash your awesome powa Triny and make it happen ;)

evo_ate_gsr
01-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Unleash your awesome powa Triny and make it happen ;)

AWESOMO POWA