PDA

View Full Version : You Have GOT to Be Fu*king Kidding Me

DirectorSe7en
12-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I might not be driving this car much longer, not because I don't want it, but because I wont have a damn license.....

I'll get to that......Anyway, I went to the BMW dealership in Fremont AutoMall to test drive a BMW 335i and man it was fucking sweet. The guy let me smash in it, hit turns at high speeds and everything. Very nice car.....

As I shook hands and left the lot with promises of returning after I get to Test Drive the Evo X, I was on my way. As I passed In-N-Out and entered the 880N to Oakland, a very annoyingly loud S2000 does a ricer fly-by on me as I'm getting to the Carpool lane and takes off.

I continue driving and minding my business, he slows down ahead of me to match my speed, gives 3 honks and he and HE ALONE guns it. After realizing I'm not following, he slows......lines up again and gives 3 honks and guns it but only gets a short distance before lights behind me light up.

The s2000 slows immediately, I not worried keep driving thinking he's going to get the other guy. Instead he gets on his Megaphone and tells us both to pull over.

So right before the Alvarado Niles exit we pull over, the s2000 in front of me and the Cop behind me. He comes to my car and asks why I was racing.

I couldn't FUCKING BELIEVE IT!! I said, "Sir I was not racing him, he was antagonizing me by lining up and taking off." The Cop didn't believe me. He took my license and the other guys and gave me this;

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/IMG.jpg

He told me "Stop fucking complaining, your lucky we're busy tonight or I'd take you and him to jail for street racing." I shut my mouth and sat there in awe.

Can he do this?!?!

What can I do about this ticket??? I was clearly not racing!!

It's my word against his I know, but if this goes thru, I'll lose my license for sure.....What are my options?

EDIT: Pics added. I was able to snap some shots with my Phone. Not much, but you can get an idea.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/IMG_0096.jpghttp://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/IMG_0095.jpg

island_671
12-29-2007, 08:34 PM
holy shiznit C=bass.....dam bro'...u got some bad luck wit' da' law....and u haven't even put any parts on ur evo yet!....wow!. ..u was an innocent bystander just drivin'.....

DirectorSe7en
12-29-2007, 08:36 PM
:( Tell me about it......

I'm definately going to fight this since I was doing the limit with a fucking idiot next to me. God I wish I could've got out of my car and beat that bitches ass......He looked like he was 17.

island_671
12-29-2007, 08:36 PM
hey c=bass,,,the only site I know is S2ki.com.....

DirectorSe7en
12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks, I'm monitoring the East Bay section of it.

cezber23
12-29-2007, 08:41 PM
men that is really bad. the best thing you can do is get a lawyer when you see them on court.

RREVOVIII
12-29-2007, 08:53 PM
wow.... but were you really going over the speed limit? like he cited you for going approx 80mph? thats sucks........... hope you get your license back.

mtsevovii
12-29-2007, 08:53 PM
oops.

Bagsik_EVOVIII
12-29-2007, 09:07 PM
wow..sorry to hear seebass...hopefully u got off... on this one...keep us updated

island_671
12-29-2007, 09:17 PM
time to trade in the evo and get a charger

mtsevovii
12-29-2007, 09:22 PM
time to trade in the evo and get a charger

cant if he has no license.

island_671
12-29-2007, 09:33 PM
can u give a description of the s2k?

Sfkn2
12-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Bay area S2000 forum...

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=18

www.ticketassassin.com -- good luck with fighting the ticket.

Any descriptions of the S2000? Maybe it is a local member of the forums, who knows.

As for the ticket itself, you're lucky that it was just a speeding ticket rather than getting the car towed for racing.

TB curse.

wilson1
12-29-2007, 10:04 PM
wow, sorry to hear.......:(

G-Lo408
12-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Only thing I could think of is you going to court and saying that you're not guilty and then have him have proof you were either racing or speeding. If he has no proof then they can dismissed the case but I could be wrong. What was your speed by the way?

Mister_Pants
12-29-2007, 10:32 PM
well depending on how long the officer was behind you if you lawyered up you might be able to use the in car camera as a defense (assuming it clearly shows you not responding to the taunts of the S2K driver.) But if the officer only pulled in behind you and saw the last ricer move then it's going to be a tough battle of your word versus the police. If it goes in front of a judge like that then either the judge will reduce the fine/penalty or he will throw the book at you just to make an example of you.
Good Luck

DirectorSe7en
12-29-2007, 11:21 PM
^Do East Bay police use cameras? That's actually a good idea.....

can u give a description of the s2k?
From what I remember it was Black, had Quad Exhaust, so two muffler outlets on both sides of the rear and black rims w/chrome lip.

TB curse.
For reals :?

Only thing I could think of is you going to court and saying that you're not guilty and then have him have proof you were either racing or speeding. If he has no proof then they can dismissed the case but I could be wrong. What was your speed by the way?
No, I think your right. That's probably what I'll end up doing.....

I was going about 70-75mph. Which is about 5mph over the limit, a picky ticket if you ask me, but also a far cry from street racing/speeding.

DirectorSe7en
12-30-2007, 02:36 AM
www.ticketassassin.com -- good luck with fighting the ticket.Very cool find!

I just got done reading a bit of it. Seems like I might have a chance here, thanks man ;)

tkeirin
12-30-2007, 03:23 AM
sorry to hear... :(

hope everything works out

awdaddict
12-30-2007, 03:35 AM
You should not try to save an extra penny by using ticketassassin.com.
It only really got a high chance of getting you out if your case get thrown out due to the officer not replying with the written.

Hiring a lawyer could save your license... if you still care to have it.

OreOs
12-30-2007, 03:59 AM
THIS happened to my friend YESTERDAY also! I was his passenger and he was on 280 going north near the San Mateo interchange and was messing around with a red 330i BMW and was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic (so he was doing some stupid stuff. But anyways) He was lined up with the Chick and checking her out and out of no where theres 3 CHP with sirens behind us. Then both cars pull over and the CHP runs to the passenger door and yells
"get out of the car" . Then they cuff him take paperwork and info. but luckily I was there and they let me drive his car home. He went to san mateo jail for the rest of the day and the other driver was arrested also. She and her boyfriend both were arrested i think they got cavity checked and their car got towed. This all happened be cause of the new street racing law. Im not sure what the charges are yet. I havent really talked to my friend yet. but I think its all because its a saturday and quota is near. Just be glad your cars were not impounded and you werent arrested.

mtsevovii
12-30-2007, 08:33 AM
but I think its all because its a saturday and quota is near. Just be glad your cars were not impounded and you werent arrested.

no, i think its because the drivers are acting like morons.

whtrice
12-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Definitely not a shortage of this around here. Penalties have risen because of the amout of deaths due to street racing. I always double or triple look before any lane change. Triple digit "ricer flybyes" have been way too common lately.

no, i think its because the drivers are acting like morons.

chrisw
12-30-2007, 09:07 AM
I might not be driving this car much longer, not because I don't want it, but because I wont have a damn license.....

I'll get to that......Anyway, I went to the BMW dealership in Fremont AutoMall to test drive a BMW 335i and man it was fucking sweet. The guy let me smash in it, hit turns at high speeds and everything. Very nice car.....

As I shook hands and left the lot with promises of returning after I get to Test Drive the Evo X, I was on my way. As I passed In-N-Out and entered the 880N to Oakland, a very annoyingly loud S2000 does a ricer fly-by on me as I'm getting to the Carpool lane and takes off.

I continue driving and minding my business, he slows down ahead of me to match my speed, gives 3 honks and he and HE ALONE guns it. After realizing I'm not following, he slows......lines up again and gives 3 honks and guns it but only gets a short distance before lights behind me light up.

The s2000 slows immediately, I not worried keep driving thinking he's going to get the other guy. Instead he gets on his Megaphone and tells us both to pull over.

So right before the Alvarado Niles exit we pull over, the s2000 in front of me and the Cop behind me. He comes to my car and asks why I was racing.

I couldn't FUCKING BELIEVE IT!! I said, "Sir I was not racing him, he was antagonizing me by lining up and taking off." The Cop didn't believe me. He took my license and the other guys and gave me this;

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/IMG.jpg

He told me "Stop fucking complaining, your lucky we're busy tonight or I'd take you and him to jail for street racing." I shut my mouth and sat there in awe.

Can he do this?!?!

What can I do about this ticket??? I was clearly not racing!!

It's my word against his I know, but if this goes thru, I'll lose my license for sure.....What are my options? I've been checking S2000 forums to see if this guy posts anything, but I don't know any Norcal s2000 forums.....

get a lawyer and fight it. nothing else you can do at this point

tam@xperformance
12-30-2007, 09:17 AM
He wrote an ordinary speeding ticket, not racing. VC 22349(a): http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22349.htm

You can fight it (TicketAssassin etc.), or pay the fine and do traffic school to keep the point off your record, if you haven't done it in the last 18 months.

You're lucky you didn't encounter the clueless and overzealous officer Jones, who he wrote me up for a 2-point misdemeanor Exhibition of Speed ticket (that's what they usually use for street racing and sideshows) because I chirped my gf's MR2's rear tires (open diff FTL) while on an on-ramp. Took $5000 worth of lawyering to get that reduced to what you have (ordinary speeding ticket).

F*cking CHP, I hope they all DIAF.

steevo8
12-30-2007, 09:42 AM
thats just a regular speeding ticket like tam said. There is no chance you could loose your license over something like this. If I was you on the other hand I would call around to a few attorneys and see roughly what it cost for them to represent you on something like this. Usually they can make everyones life such hell over a small little speeding ticket that it will go away shortly after they find out you counseled up.

Sfkn2
12-30-2007, 10:06 AM
You're lucky you didn't encounter the clueless and overzealous officer Jones, who he wrote me up for a 2-point misdemeanor Exhibition of Speed ticket (that's what they usually use for street racing and sideshows) because I chirped my gf's MR2's rear tires (open diff FTL) while on an on-ramp. Took $5000 worth of lawyering to get that reduced to what you have (ordinary speeding ticket).

F*cking CHP, I hope they all DIAF.

+1

mtsevovii
12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
hes losing his license because he has too many points and tickets.... not because of one ticket.

DirectorSe7en
12-30-2007, 01:53 PM
^Yea :(

And believe it or not this is my 1st speeding ticket in my Evo. All those other ones were in my old car last year.

I got pics when the cop was talking to the other guy. Not much but you can see;

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/IMG_0096.jpghttp://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/IMG_0095.jpg

DirectorSe7en
12-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I would call around to a few attorneys and see roughly what it cost for them to represent you on something like this. Usually they can make everyones life such hell over a small little speeding ticket that it will go away shortly after they find out you counseled up.
I'm hoping that's the case. I'l pay what I need to, to get this to go away.

Definitely not a shortage of this around here. Penalties have risen because of the amout of deaths due to street racing. I always double or triple look before any lane change. Triple digit "ricer flybyes" have been way too common lately.
Yup, people need to stop watching Fast and the Furious and realize their dangerous ways are killing off the entire Ricer generation.

WW_EVO9
12-30-2007, 02:13 PM
damn, TB curse to the dankest, pho sho

island_671
12-30-2007, 02:30 PM
curse be gon'!!!<,,,,,

player67
12-31-2007, 01:37 AM
wow wtf seabass? live somewhereelse man lol

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 01:49 AM
I know right, where are the Cops lenient?

mtsevovii
12-31-2007, 01:53 AM
I know right, where are the Cops lenient?

montana? idaho? nebraska? haha i have no idea...

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 01:57 AM
Idaho sounds about right :?

evosti
12-31-2007, 02:04 AM
THIS happened to my friend YESTERDAY also! I was his passenger and he was on 280 going north near the San Mateo interchange and was messing around with a red 330i BMW and was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic (so he was doing some stupid stuff. But anyways) He was lined up with the Chick and checking her out and out of no where theres 3 CHP with sirens behind us. Then both cars pull over and the CHP runs to the passenger door and yells
"get out of the car" . Then they cuff him take paperwork and info. but luckily I was there and they let me drive his car home. He went to san mateo jail for the rest of the day and the other driver was arrested also. She and her boyfriend both were arrested i think they got cavity checked and their car got towed. This all happened be cause of the new street racing law. Im not sure what the charges are yet. I havent really talked to my friend yet. but I think its all because its a saturday and quota is near. Just be glad your cars were not impounded and you werent arrested.

I could just be drunk but a cavity search sounded funny for street racing.

homi mike
12-31-2007, 02:20 AM
WOW I can't believe it's you again man!!

What's with those fuking bad lucks lately! Remember when I saw your post about your last tix where the cop was being cool, I keep saying :"god, please tell cops to leave this guy alone!"

regarding the ticketassisin.com, ask the local court if they accept trial by written declaration first. I was gonna use this to fight my last ticket back in Phoenix and the gay local court wouldn't accept it!

chrisw
12-31-2007, 10:51 AM
regarding the ticketassisin.com, ask the local court if they accept trial by written declaration first. I was gonna use this to fight my last ticket back in Phoenix and the gay local court wouldn't accept it!

even the courts can read ticketassisin.com which is why that probably won't work.

tam@xperformance
12-31-2007, 12:28 PM
hes losing his license because he has too many points and tickets.... not because of one ticket.

It takes 4 points on your license (which would be 4 regular tickets) in under 18 months (care to correct me on that one Dave?) to get your license suspended. Since you can do traffic school to wipe one point off, that means five tickets in under 18 months.

I've had my share of brushes with the armed & badged tax collectors (CHP), but I don't think I'd be so thick-headed that maybe after the 3rd, or 4th ticket, it wouldn't have occurred to me to slow the f*ck down and avoid getting another? :?

tam@xperformance
12-31-2007, 12:33 PM
was messing around with a red 330i BMW and was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic (so he was doing some stupid stuff.

... and the cops pulled him over. Wow, they must be crazy or something. :roll:

mtsevovii
12-31-2007, 12:35 PM
was messing around with a red 330i BMW and was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic (so he was doing some stupid stuff.

... and the cops pulled him over. Wow, they must be crazy or something. :roll:

yeah that cop was bored and had nothing better to do like catch murderers and rapists...

mtsevovii
12-31-2007, 12:40 PM

It takes 4 points on your license (which would be 4 regular tickets) in under 18 months (care to correct me on that one Dave?) to get your license suspended. Since you can do traffic school to wipe one point off, that means five tickets in under 18 months.

I've had my share of brushes with the armed & badged tax collectors (CHP), but I don't think I'd be so thick-headed that maybe after the 3rd, or 4th ticket, it wouldn't have occurred to me to slow the f*ck down and avoid getting another? :?

The DMV has the right to suspend or revoke your driving privileges if you accumulate a certain number of points over a set period of time.

Four points within a 12-month period
Six points in a 24-month period
Eight points in a 36-month period

driving records are not automatically cleared of all points once the points are over a year old.

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 01:39 PM
^I hate those damn rules. 3 years for a point to drop off?? Rediculous!

evo_ate_gsr
12-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Thats why you be like me, and drive these puppies slow like its a Toyota Echo with no power. Not only will you stay out of trouble with the law and speeding, but when you do finally get on it, the power is gonna feel like light speed. :lol:

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 01:51 PM
lol, yea. That's true :)

Someone help me understand why we can't be like Germany and just ditch the speed limit. Okay, maybe not that far, but at least raise it to 85. It's not like no-one doesn't do it anyway.....

....Watch, try this before calling me crazy. Get on the freeway and do the posted limit. Which is most likely 65mph, and just watch every single car speed by you. You'll probably even encounter Grandma who honks her horn at you yelling "Speed up young man!"

evo_ate_gsr
12-31-2007, 01:56 PM
^^ ROFL!!

She's all shakin her fist out the window at you " Speed it along Sonny Jim!" or " You damn Whipper Snapper and your Hot rod!"

tam@xperformance
12-31-2007, 02:24 PM

Someone help me understand why we can't be like Germany and just ditch the speed limit. Okay, maybe not that far, but at least raise it to 85. It's not like no-one doesn't do it anyway.....

....Watch, try this before calling me crazy. Get on the freeway and do the posted limit. Which is most likely 65mph, and just watch every single car speed by you. You'll probably even encounter Grandma who honks her horn at you yelling "Speed up young man!"

Most of us here probably agree... and yet, the rest of us have managed to figure out how not to get 4-5 tickets in a year. How do you explain that?

Or to awkwardly twist an old saying: "Ticket me once, shame on you. Ticket me five times, shame on me."

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 02:53 PM
^It's not really as hard as you might think. Just some bad luck.

Ticket 1: Going 105 in a 65 (Did Driving School for this one)
* *Why?: I was at work in San Mateo and my GF called me saying someone was trying to get into her house. I raced the fastest my '96 Monte Carlo could go all the way to Hayward and got caught. I felt this one was justified, and so did the Officer. He lowered it to 99mph so I didn't have to go to jail. This was last year New Years Day.

Ticket 2: Going 70 in a 65
* *Why?: Why what?! The cop was a jerk and I was going the flow of traffic. Of course as he's writing the ticket several cars blow by at 90 and he doesn't even turn around.......What a bitch. This was 1 week after my 1st ticket.

Ticket 3: Going 75 in a 65
* * Why?: I was late, no excuses it was wrong but I couldn't afford to lose my job so I risked it and got caught. And yes, I'm no good at getting away with anything. This was 1 month after my 2nd ticket.

Ticket 4: Going 90 in a 65
* *Why?: No reason, it was 2 in the morning and I wasn't even paying attention. This one I deserved. This was right before I sold my car due to bad luck with it.

Bought my Evo

Ticket 5: Going 80 in a 65* a.k.a. "Racing" a Honda s2000
* * Why?: See Page 1

So yes, some bonehead decisions, while others are just good ol' fashion bored Cop syndrome.

evo_ate_gsr
12-31-2007, 02:58 PM
^^ Haha damn dood.... you gotta star whippin' you dick out more often when you get pulled over like we talked about. Thats some bad ass luck for reeeeeeeeeal

I know me personally.... when i see a cop on the freeway, i hide from his ass. haha if im coming up from behind him, i move all the way to the right, incase he wants to try and move over as well, i can exit the freeway. and if hes coming up behind me, chances are, i saw his ass already before he noticed me, and am using cars to hide. haha.... call it paranoia.... but i been driving for 6 almost 7 years now, and don't have a single ticket.

RREVOVIII
12-31-2007, 03:01 PM
damn! :shock: * have you installed all your Mods yet, and tuned?

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Nope no mods no tunes. Bone stock. It's all in my living room. It's a $3,000+ install so I need to save up, lol.

i been driving for 6 almost 7 years now, and don't have a single ticket.
:shock: Daaamn! I used to be like that. I've been driving since 17 and my first ticket was this day last year when I was 20 yrs old. So I made it a good distance un-ticketed.

My damn Evo wing blocks the headlights of cars so I can NEVER tell if a Crown Vic is behind me :(

evo_ate_gsr
12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Deng dood i will install it for Half that. :D

jk

evo_ate_gsr
12-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Nope no mods no tunes. Bone stock. It's all in my living room. It's a $3,000+ install so I need to save up, lol.

i been driving for 6 almost 7 years now, and don't have a single ticket.
:shock: Daaamn! I used to be like that. I've been driving since 17 and my first ticket was this day last year when I was 20 yrs old. So I made it a good distance un-ticketed.

My damn Evo wing blocks the headlights of cars so I can NEVER tell if a Crown Vic is behind me :(

Haha yea man i got mine when i was 16. the wing did that to me for a while too, its funny because people make fun of me for driving in my mirrors sometimes like i do. lol. whatever. if you slam the shit outta your evo, the the wing line drops a little bit compared to other cars, so you can re gain some of that visibility.

somtimes.

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Deng dood i will install it for Half that. :DYea, trust me I got cheaper prices, but I want it to be done where I know for sure it's quality work. I still have other parts to buy before I get my install. I'm nowhere near done, lol.

<-------broke.

tam@xperformance
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
This was right before I sold my car due to bad luck with it.

Seems like your "luck" hasn't changed... better sell the Evo now.

chrisw
12-31-2007, 03:34 PM

Most of us here probably agree... and yet, the rest of us have managed to figure out how not to get 4-5 tickets in a year. How do you explain that?

Or to awkwardly twist an old saying: "Ticket me once, shame on you. Ticket me five times, shame on me."

Tam,

go easy... *I got 4 tickets in 3 months. *One on my mtb bike, and the others driving my fucking nissan no less, but only one put points on my license. *I am going to driving school for. *

In the 5 months I drove that stupid car, I got pulled over more in that damm nissan than I have been in my talon, WRX, STI, and EVO combined.

evo_ate_gsr
12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
^^ Haha GST motorsports is broke? *im jk. *im making fun of your arrow cause of where its positioned. lol

But yea i feel you. *i did the same thing on my IX. * *just be warned dood.... *its crazy *throwing all your shit on at once, then driving it again. *my IX was stock a few months after i bought it, and while i collected parts. *Then once i had EVERYTHING in my sig, *i * *put it all on, and had it tuned. * *when i got back in and drove it, *GEEEZUS! it was crazy fast!! as much as i liked it, it kinda made me wish i had sone a little here and there to feel the power from each part, or a few parts together. * hah

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 03:37 PM
I thought I would like that instant BOOM! Maybe not, lol. I'm thinking I might install the Intake/Exhaust/IC Piping, etc... Then just install as I go.

Seems like your "luck" hasn't changed... better sell the Evo now.
It's on my list ;)

RREVOVIII
12-31-2007, 03:41 PM
^^ Haha GST motorsports is broke? *im jk. *im making fun of your arrow cause of where its positioned. lol

hahaha!

evo_ate_gsr
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
oh no you're gonna love it. * i drove my MR all stock for a few months. it went into the shop nice and quiet, came out *a cosworth idling, exhaust scremaing freak. *i think thats the fastest i have EVER gone through a tank of gas. :lol:

but uhh.... *be careful bro. *you get pulled over so much as it is, last thing you need is to have some weenie cop add a Ref ticket onto your history of bad luck.

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Good point and trust me I'm looking at my options. I'm at a personal crossroads.

Sale my Evo and go with something else (not my favorite option)

Sale/Trade-In my Evo and get the more subtle Evo X (a better option)

The reason I have to consider this now is because, before I buy & install all my parts, I have to be sure I want this car. Otherwise, there's no sense in spending all this money.

If I get the Evo X, there isn't an immediate aftermarket for parts, so I wont be out buying things all day encouraging me to go faster. So in a sense, I can cool down on my heavy foot. Eventually of course I'll buy things for it, just not right away.

evo_ate_gsr
12-31-2007, 03:55 PM
but yah know....

when your driving that Evo X, and you get SPANKED by an Evo VIII or IX, you're gonna want some parts! haha

i say, just keep the car lookin stock bro, but throw in your goodies. i have had the hood popped on my IX before, and never gotten a ticket. the only thing you can see, if you REALLY look, is a piece of my Titek o2, and sooooooome cops notice my boost controller. Weld a Heat sheild around your test pipe dood, and you're good to go!!

JDMgrafiteMR
12-31-2007, 04:02 PM
sry to hear....that suxx....good luck in court

DirectorSe7en
12-31-2007, 04:29 PM
^Thanks man :(

when your driving that Evo X, and you get SPANKED by an Evo VIII or IX, you're gonna want some parts! haha

i say, just keep the car lookin stock bro, but throw in your goodies. i have had the hood popped on my IX before, and never gotten a ticket. the only thing you can see, if you REALLY look, is a piece of my Titek o2, and sooooooome cops notice my boost controller.
Very true. My X will be my DD so I'll do some bolt-ons and since it's a new kind of car, I wont want to Void my Warranty just yet. Ya never know if there's a recall or something, lol.

island_671
12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
keep ur evo C-Bass and see ur luck in 08'..... 8)

PANGES
12-31-2007, 05:29 PM
That sucks man.

uhoh_evo
12-31-2007, 06:09 PM
I wish you the best of luck in court and in 08. If that written stuff don't work then you can just hope the cop doesn't show up to court. Automatically dismissed.

There's also the option of requesting a "formal ____". Sorry. I know that's not much help but basically it's the notes/paperwork on that ticket. If you go to the station and ask the clerk to get the paperwork on that ticket and there's nothing then there's no proof that what you did (er didn't do) actually happened. The reason it has to be a "formal ____" is so you can get proof that nothing was written for that ticket after you go in.

But I say keep your evo. You'll be sad w/ any other option. Just suck it up and drive the limit. I was getting pulled left and right when these cars came out so I gave them no reason to pull me over. Haven't been pulled over in like 2 years. No tickets for 3+.

redevil9mr
12-31-2007, 09:36 PM
We should install like a video survelliance on the back of our EVO and hook it up to the DVD dash monitor so We can zoom in to see if the police is behind us.

redevil9mr
12-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Because of the Fast and Furious Movies, Police are being more of a d*ckhead.

redevil9mr
12-31-2007, 09:37 PM
D7, you need a radar detector or something man.

redevil9mr
12-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Wish you luck bro.

uhoh_evo
12-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Radar detectors don't work if they just pacing and eyeballing it. But they have saved me a few times late at night.

redevil9mr
01-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I hate police, they are totally an Ass.

redevil9mr
01-01-2008, 12:16 AM
The worst thing that will try to do to you is profiling.

redevil9mr
01-01-2008, 12:17 AM
They will pull over your Stock Evo and thinks that it's modified.

redevil9mr
01-01-2008, 12:18 AM
It's all BS and you can't do anything. That's a way the city makes its money/revenues from you.

Matz
01-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Honestly, you should just keep your car. It doesn't matter what you go with... X, Subie, TL, CL, whatever -- all new cars are damn fast and it's easy to go 80+mph and not even realize it. The only option I see that will keep you from going fast is to buy a car that literally shakes apart over 65mph, like my old 1987 Toyota Corona that I drove in high school. What a POS. :)

For me, I am very aware of my speed in my VIII because the inside of my car is so dang loud, so it's easy to stay at 65. :)

DirectorSe7en
01-01-2008, 01:41 AM
^Nice.

Maybe I should break my 5th gear and just kick it in 4th going a max of 65, lol. But your right, no matter how many cars I change it's my driving style that needs changing.

player67
01-01-2008, 03:08 AM
^Nice.

Maybe I should break my 5th gear and just kick it in 4th going a max of 65, lol. But your right, no matter how many cars I change it's my driving style that needs changing.

I was in the same boat as you seabass.....last year I almost got arrested for reckless driving near a residential area + alot of other shit...the cops (there were 3 cars) pretty much cuffed me and put be in the back seat for 10 minutes while talking to my budiies in my evo...then they opened the door and let me go thank god. I was stupid, yes. But that really taught me to watch my fucking ass especially in fucking pleasanton (this was in pleasaton) It's not worth it to do stupid shit your license is worth more (well that's what I think because I need a way to get to school and work to make a living). Anyway I was pretty close to selling my car but came to the realizatiion your driving style is alot of it...yes theres profiling occuring as we speak but if we're mashing and shit or cruisin with a loud exhaust SAFELY at 80+mph on a bad highway expect to get pulled over and then expect the profiling to ram you up the ass

DirectorSe7en
01-01-2008, 03:28 AM
Damn, they cuffed you!? If I were in your shoes, I would've totally thought I was going to jail at that point.

To be honest, when he said he could've taken me to jail but didn't, I felt that was my lucky break and realization.....

steevo8
01-01-2008, 03:30 AM
I dont even know what your talking about but along the lines of cuffs.....

We had a girl at the party Im at cuff her self and no one had a key........ good times for sure.

DirectorSe7en
01-01-2008, 03:37 AM
:shock:

....Nice.

player67
01-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I dont even know what your talking about but along the lines of cuffs.....

We had a girl at the party Im at cuff her self and no one had a key........ good times for sure.

she was a girl so.....

and BTW Seabass I really did think I was going to jail cause 1 minute after he pulled me over he's like 18? Old enough for th big house let's go....cuffs me and everything Im sitting there in the passneger seat I'm like DAMN how am I gonna explain this to my mom LMFAO

redevil9mr
01-01-2008, 05:51 PM
D7, you need to get a hybrid and granny drive it for like a year or two. That would change your driving habits. :D

redevil9mr
01-01-2008, 05:52 PM
I better not see you sneak 4g63T engine in there in your hybrid. :D

mtsevovii
01-01-2008, 05:52 PM
ok!

mtsevovii
01-01-2008, 05:53 PM
you dont need to keep double posting

mtsevovii
01-01-2008, 05:53 PM
damn noobs and their PWing just so they can get post counts...

inYubaSha
01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
My last speeding ticket was 3/06 (pre-evo)
went to traffic school, found out about all the $800 fines for doing 100mph counties around here

once I got a belltronics radar detector It really curbed my speeding,
the frequent flashing light, -especially at the false alarms is a great reminder not to speed + don't get caught

IMO the most important thing to remember is the kind of ticket you're gonna get

- speeding tickets less than 15mph over the limit don't really cost that much,
OVER 15 the cops are gonna wanna get you to give you that big fine

good luck mang

Lurk
01-01-2008, 08:54 PM

+1

Dumbass n00bs. :?

DirectorSe7en
01-01-2008, 09:19 PM
^ :lol:

once I got a belltronics radar detector It really curbed my speeding,
the frequent flashing light, -especially at the false alarms is a great reminder not to speed + don't get caughtNice, is Beltronics the best brand for Radar detectors? I might look into these...

island_671
01-01-2008, 09:25 PM
hope ur X will bring u better luck C-Bass!,,,,,,ur' still coming to the Tue. KK meets right?.......test drive!

inYubaSha
01-01-2008, 09:28 PM
supposed to be belltronics & valentine the two best,
just go to circuit city and get the most expensive version, - works thru mountains
I sh*t you not

island_671
01-01-2008, 09:31 PM
sell me ur tails C-bass..... :lol:

DirectorSe7en
01-01-2008, 09:33 PM
just go to circuit city and get the most expensive version, - works thru mountains
I sh*t you not
:shock: Nice thanks. I'm heading over to CC tomorrow so I'll go in and see what's good. Thanks for the advice 8)

IlovemyevoIX
01-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I sh*t you not
:shock: Nice thanks. I'm heading over to CC tomorrow so I'll go in and see what's good. Thanks for the advice 8)

im headed to city court tommrow morning! damm c-bass what the heck! dont tell me theirs a tb curse comming around here!

Bagsik_EVOVIII
01-01-2008, 10:36 PM
chris ..i think he's goin to circuit city...

IlovemyevoIX
01-01-2008, 10:44 PM

oahhh im such an idiot!

06IXMR
01-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Thats why you be like me, and drive these puppies slow like its a Toyota Echo with no power. Not only will you stay out of trouble with the law and speeding, but when you do finally get on it, the power is gonna feel like light speed. :lol:

I go 63 in the slow lane...Slow Evo driver FTW.

island_671
01-01-2008, 11:03 PM
I thought i was the slowest evo driver !!....I get passed by prius's all the time!....hehe :P

DirectorSe7en
01-01-2008, 11:04 PM

oahhh im such an idiot!
:lol:

mtsevovii
01-01-2008, 11:07 PM

I go 63 in the slow lane...Slow Evo driver FTW.

are you sure you werent going 50 cause you were falling asleep? ;) :lol:

06IXMR
01-01-2008, 11:49 PM
I only remember 10 mins of grapevine and its a 30min drive...scary lol...I was avg. 70 fallowing....55-60 falling asleep

redevil9mr
01-03-2008, 12:03 AM

+1

First of all, I'm not a NooB. I'm a member of this forum for almost a year. Please check my profile 1st before give negative remarks to someone.

evo_ate_gsr
01-03-2008, 12:18 AM
^^ JAJA

You posted inside an existing quote

n00b!!

jk dood. haha. That is pretty funny tho.

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 12:23 AM
I laughed a little.....

redevil9mr
01-03-2008, 12:40 AM

+1

Look bro, this forum is for useful information to be posted on here for others fellow members to view. Please leave your negative remarks elsewhere.

redevil9mr
01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
damn noobs and their PWing just so they can get post counts...

Please View my profile 1st before indicating that I'm a NOOB. Also Please leave your negative remarks elsewhere please. This forum here is for useful info to be posted for others to use. Thanks.

evo_ate_gsr
01-03-2008, 12:47 AM
^^ i think you just proved his point bro. haha

mtsevovii
01-03-2008, 08:48 AM

agreed.

redevil9mr
01-03-2008, 02:56 PM

agreed.

Look bro, Do not call someone a NOOB without checking his/her profile 1st. You get what I'm saying. I'm not making a big deal out of this but please get your facts straight 1st.

redevil9mr
01-03-2008, 02:59 PM
I have been an established member for almost a year. Bro. That ain't cool posting negative remarks about me or any of the members on this forum.

evo_ate_gsr
01-03-2008, 03:00 PM
but your makin a big deal when you post over and over and over again that you're not a noob, and to get the facts right and check your profile.

Dood i dont care how many times you post after the other, he was just making an observation i guess, and it seems like he might have been right. *

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 03:00 PM
--I'm being completely un-biast here--

In my opinion, a "n00b" is not how long you've been around but it's more your attitude and actions.

It seemed to irritate people when you double and even triple posted when you could've edited your first post to squeeze it all in.

I have no problems with you or anyone, just saying is all.

mtsevovii
01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
--I'm being completely un-biast here--

In my opinion, a "n00b" is not how long you've been around but it's more your attitude and actions.

It seemed to irritate people when you double and even triple posted when you could've edited your first post to squeeze it all in.

I have no problems with you or anyone, just saying is all.

well said.

if you arent a n00b, then get a clue and stop double posting like one.

evo_ate_gsr
01-03-2008, 03:24 PM
^^ UGH SON!!!

Thats was a strait up BOOYAH right there. haha

PANGES
01-03-2008, 03:26 PM

agreed.

Look bro, Do not call someone a NOOB without checking his/her profile 1st. You get what I'm saying. I'm not making a big deal out of this but please get your facts straight 1st.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of all this, but I have to point out an observation. There's a big difference between calling someone a "Newbie" and a "Noob." I dont think he's trying to call u a newbie, which I think you think he's accusing you of being. He's trying to call you a noob. They're two totally different things.

From my understanding:

Newbie= someone new to the forums (make honest mistakes).

Noob= someone that's been on the forums for a while, but still do things a newbie would do (make careless mistakes and should know better).

Again, I'm not trying to get in the middle of this. I dont really give a shit what you guys do, as long as I get to whore without being flamed. :D

edit: Aww damn, someone beat me to it. But my explaination is better. :lol:

evo_ate_gsr
01-03-2008, 03:31 PM
^^ Haha

Too sloooow. 8)

PANGES
01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
^^ Haha

Too sloooow. 8)

Hey! It's about quality, not speed.

My explaination = slow roasted prime rib.
DirectorSe7en's explaination = microwaved mcdonalds beef patty.

evo_ate_gsr
01-03-2008, 03:35 PM
JAJA!!

Word.

MMM... Prime Rib with Garlic Mashed Potatoes sound like heaven about now.

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 04:28 PM

Uhh, I think not good sir.

More like;

My explaination = Nice young cute girl.
PANGES's explaination = Rosie o donnell.

PANGES
01-03-2008, 04:37 PM

Uhh, I think not good sir.

More like;

My explaination = Nice young cute girl.
PANGES's explaination = Rosie o donnell.

Thanks for proving my point. My explaination > yours.

Rosie o Donnel = rich and successful
Nice young cute girl = golddigging bimbo

mtsevovii
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
hahaha im loving whats become of this thread

PANGES
01-03-2008, 04:40 PM
^ I'm just waiting for him to admitt that he's wrong.

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Meh, but at least mine wont need a bag over her head when I'm getting some.

As a matter of fact, Rosie O Donnell would need two 12 gallon trash bags sewn together to cover that fat face of hers.

There's no gold to dig so I'd be using her anyways...

PANGES
01-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Meh, but at least mine wont need a bag over her head when I'm getting some.

As a matter of fact, Rosie O Donnell would need two 12 gallon trash bags sewn together to cover that fat face of hers.

There's no gold to dig so I'd be using her anyways...

Nice young cute girl = 12 year old girl? You fuckin child molestor!

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Child Molester = Prison filled life

Rosie O Donnell = Cream filled center

PANGES
01-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Child Molester = Prison filled life

Rosie O Donnell = Cream filled center

Cream filled center > prison filled life

Prison filled life = your asshole will be the cream filled life.

Once again proving my explaination > yours.

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 04:47 PM

prison filled life = Living tax free

your asshole will be the cream filled life = Meh, After a couple times you'd probably be used to it :shock:

PANGES
01-03-2008, 04:48 PM

prison filled life = Living tax free

your asshole will be the cream filled life = Meh, After a couple times you'd probably be used to it :shock:

Have fun getting used to it! :lol:

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Well if you got used to it, then I'm sure it's not hard :shock:

;)

PANGES
01-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Well if you got used to it, then I'm sure it's not hard :shock:

;)

Yeah. But it's different when I give and u take.

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I think it's gay-er to give.....

PANGES
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
I think it's gayer to take and enjoy.

mtsevovii
01-03-2008, 04:56 PM
i think you guys should take your enjoyments to PMs. :shock: hahaha jk

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Nah, I like to stay in public places incase I'm attacked....

I think it's gayer to take and enjoy.
Fine you win.

PANGES
01-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Fine you win.

FINALLY!!!

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 04:59 PM
:(

I have shamed many generations of my family.

PANGES
01-03-2008, 05:01 PM
:(

I have shamed many generations of my family.

Don't forget Nor Cal Evo.

evo_ate_gsr
01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Haha i missed all that funny shit between leaving work, driving home, playin with my dogs, and then reading this. haha

For the record... Taking is way more gay than giving.

Look at baseball.... whose more manly... the catcher... or the pitcher.

exactly.

osunick
01-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Why don't you take your Evo to the track to get the speeding bug out of your system? Going a couple times a year is cheaper than mods, and some would say it's the best mod of all...

* I mean the kind of track that has laps, not the drag-racing kind, with which I have zero experience.

gOt BoOsT
01-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Hey you need to file a complaint with the CHP office of that officer. *I think its the Oakland office but it is hard to read where on I-880 you got the tag. *First off this officer is either on probation or is about finished with it. *You can not speak like this to anyone regardless of the circumstances. *Violation of CHP policy. *He may have finished his probation in or around July of 07. *He is a new officer and is just full of himself. *If he really thought you were racing then he wouldnt have written you a citation for an infraction of the maximum speed limit. *

DirectorSe7en
01-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Wow! How'd you know all that??