PDA

View Full Version : Sightings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

vtluu
10-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Haven't seen many (in fact, before today, any) other Evos on the road here in the South Bay. Then again I don't spend a lot of time on the road--but I've seen plenty of STIs, for example.

Had my first sighting today on my way in to work; red one like mine but with the low-profile spoiler, making a left off Montague, bound for either the Rivermark complex or the Sun campus I guess. Waved a friendly "hello" which was reciprocated.

- Tam

1StockEvo
10-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Seen a blue by you early this morning in San Francisco by Lake Merced. Haven't really met anyone with an Evo in the city. The only person I know with an Evo is my friend with a Silver Evo.

cjb
10-28-2003, 12:05 PM
I've got a Silver in Sunnyvale/San Jose area. I drive Lawrence Expressway every day from 101 to 280.

-CJ

AlwayzEVOlving
10-29-2003, 09:28 PM
I have only seen two other evos in my area.

vtluu
10-31-2003, 11:23 PM
Saw a Tarmac Black one, with Stevens Creek Mitsubishi dealer plates, parked near the door at the Rivermark Safeway (off Montague near the Sun campus) about half an hour ago. He/she must have parked right after I did but unfortunately I didn't run into the owner; after getting out of Safeway I hung around for a couple minutes but looks like they were still busy getting groceries. :-)

- Tam

Nzo
11-02-2003, 03:33 AM
Anyone on here have the silver evo in davis? Just wondering since I see it all the time.

usdmct9a
11-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Spotted a yellow Evo in Hayward going towards 92 from Eden Landing.

AlwayzEVOlving
11-26-2003, 01:51 AM
sTILL HAVE NOT SEEN ANOTHER EVO ON THE ROAD. tHAT'S WHY i LOVED GOING TO BEST BUY THAT NIGHT, i LOVE SEEING SO MANY EVO'S TOGETHER....COME ON LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!

vtluu
11-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Saw a red one with CF tail picking up something from the new Best Buy at Santana Row, San Jose around 8pm tonight. Didn't get an up-close look at it though; I had a friend with me who already thinks I'm car-crazy so I didn't want to exasperate him by taking a detour to check out the Evo. :roll:

chris
11-27-2003, 10:33 AM
spotted many around my area. there was a tarmac black i saw that had a capitol mitsu plate on. a silver one that lives somewhere near eastridge. and another tb from stevens creek as well.

thomas
12-04-2003, 12:32 AM
in the sac area, saw a white evo, northbound, on watt ave.

wed. 12/3/03 at about 800pm? anybody?

vtluu
12-07-2003, 08:14 PM
SCCA autocross at Network Associates Coliseum (Oakland) today:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album10/CIMG0001a.jpg

There were 5 Evos with 6 drivers total, running in AS, AS-N, ST-ESP, and SM classes. Although all of them were stock--except one of the red ones which was on its 3rd clutch in 8 months. :shock: The owner said he drives it hard and does lots of canyon runs and such (and has guardrail-scrapes on his bumper to prove it :shock:).

Here's a photo from pre-grid; this wasn't on purpose, it just happened that all three red ones ended up at the same place at the same time. :D

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album10/CIMG0009a.jpg

A couple of the drivers hauled ass, posting some of the best times of the day. I wasn't one of them. :lol:

JanSolo
12-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Saw a red one with CF tail picking up something from the new Best Buy at Santana Row, San Jose around 8pm tonight. Didn't get an up-close look at it though; I had a friend with me who already thinks I'm car-crazy so I didn't want to exasperate him by taking a detour to check out the Evo. :roll:

That red Evo was mine, at least I think it was since I was at Best Buy on Nov 26th in the evening for a few hours. I get my car's stereo stuff worked on all the time over at Best Buy at Santana Row. And every time I come back, the guys who do the installs tell me that people just randomly walk up and say "nice car!" over and over. Or they stop and stare at it and ask how fast it is, etc.

Last time I was at Taco Bell in south San Jose, I came outside and there was a kid with a digital camera taking pics of my car. I kept back a bit so he could finish up taking his pics.

I've seen three different white Evos in South San Jose. I met a guy with a silver Evo with a small tail at Stevens Creek Mitsubishi. Saw a new silver Evo merging from Stevens Creek to 280 the other night. I honked at him but he seemed scared.

The last Evo I saw was at Oakridge Mall. The guy had a mostly stock white Evo, with tinted windows and a stubby style antenna. No other mods though.

Oh and I've seen another red Evo driving through Santana Row with his stereo bumping. Kinda annoying actually.

vtluu
12-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Oh and I've seen another red Evo driving through Santana Row with his stereo bumping. Kinda annoying actually.

I've paraded my red Evo down Santana Row but I only have the stock stereo and don't really crank it up. I don't think much of the subwoofer-thumping, gangsta-style cruising thing some people do :roll:--I don't wear enough gold chains to do it. :P

JanSolo
12-08-2003, 03:39 PM
I've paraded my red Evo down Santana Row but I only have the stock stereo and don't really crank it up. I don't think much of the subwoofer-thumping, gangsta-style cruising thing some people do :roll:--I don't wear enough gold chains to do it. :P

We've all got flaws. ;) :D

The guy in the red Evo with the bumping stereo is a younger guy. Definitely watches too much 2F2F and thinks he's living the life. Aw yeah!

leif
12-08-2003, 09:21 PM
The guy in the red Evo with the bumping stereo is a younger guy. Definitely watches too much 2F2F and thinks he's living the life. Aw yeah!

we don't all listen to vivaldi :roll: i listen to rap loud if i feel like it, sue me.

DB8GSR
12-09-2003, 09:28 AM

we don't all listen to vivaldi :roll: i listen to rap loud if i feel like it, sue me.

I sense sarcasm!! :twisted: :twisted:

evo_dadi
12-09-2003, 09:49 AM
aww cmon ray you know you listen to andrew e. ;)

leif
12-09-2003, 12:41 PM
ur rite ray i LOVE vivaldi...fo' seasonzzzz (of sickness) lol.

ino ray likes tupac, then again you did go to YV *ghetto* not to mention ur crazy cell fone message lol.

vtluu
12-09-2003, 02:07 PM
ur rite ray i LOVE vivaldi...fo' seasonzzzz (of sickness) lol.

Vivaldi is a way too light for me but the first couple songs from Orff's Carmina Burana make for awesome driving music. Try it sometime. :D

AlwayzEVOlving
12-10-2003, 11:51 PM
I saw a tarmac black EVO in San Mateo on 4th ave heading towards 101......also saw a silver EVO in San Mateo at 5 am (was going 'boarding).

EvolvedDSM
12-11-2003, 01:15 AM
I saw a yellow EVO turning on to 29 just south of Napa this afternoon.

nebolic
12-13-2003, 06:25 PM
I saw a silver evo parked on the street in Davis, California today, I left the driver a note, but he hasn't called me back, prety sure its a college kid that owns the car.

maybe hes on this board?

thomas
12-13-2003, 07:03 PM
shouldve left the website on his car!!!

NORCALEVO.COM/NET

im sure hell show up sooner or later. see you at 7.

nebolic
12-14-2003, 01:29 AM
i left the website on his car too, i told him to check the boards. hope hes reading this right now. hahahaha

thomas
12-14-2003, 04:07 PM
im looking forward to meeting up with those nsxs, let me kno whats cracking...

badbad
12-15-2003, 02:12 PM
I saw a tarmac black EVO in San Mateo on 4th ave heading towards 101......also saw a silver EVO in San Mateo at 5 am (was going 'boarding).

I'm a silver EVO in San Mateo, but woudn't have been up at 5:00 am.

----------

Went to Home Depo in Sunnyvale last week and saw another silver Evo in the parking lot. I definitely gotta get this thing stickered up or something.

xchoirboy
12-16-2003, 08:49 AM
saw a grey in Manteca last night but, i was no position to turn around. he was heading into town on Main street. hopefully i'll see him again and tell him about the site. :P

vtluu
12-16-2003, 07:37 PM
saw a grey in Manteca last night

I take it you mean silver? Don't think the Evo (well, not the base model anyway) comes in grey.

thomas
12-18-2003, 03:59 AM
Went to Home Depo in Sunnyvale last week and saw another silver Evo in the parking lot. I definitely gotta get this thing stickered up or something.[/quote]

highway 9s tite, they should close it and get timed from top to bottom or vice versa...

vtluu
12-19-2003, 02:07 PM
Was driving from the Hayward dealership on Mission Street today when I spotted two yellow Evos parked in front of a motorcycle gear shop. Parked, went inside and found Wilson and Ken trying out helmets for tomorrow's track day. :D

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album06/evo0003.jpg

JanSolo
12-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Wilson *still* hasn't taken off the Works stickers from his Evo!!

vtluu
12-19-2003, 03:59 PM

Were they supposed to be temporary? I think it looks pretty tight that way! :lol:

JanSolo
12-19-2003, 04:22 PM

Were they supposed to be temporary? I think it looks pretty tight that way! :lol:

Well apparently he went to Vishnu with all those stickers on. I like stickers, just that Works and Vishnu are not the best of friends. ;)

1StockEvo
12-21-2003, 08:57 PM
Saw a black evo with I think an exhaust when I exited in San Rafael today. I also see a Silver Evo parked with a Silver STI at the same house every Sunday in San Rafael. Wonder if their on this board?

thomas
12-26-2003, 11:36 PM
anybody in sac with a yellow evo? saw it coming down sunrise towards madison on the morning of dec. 26. i was going the other direction getting off work.

thats the first time i saw a yellow evo on the road :D

Nzo
12-26-2003, 11:54 PM
Saw a black evo with I think an exhaust when I exited in San Rafael today. I also see a Silver Evo parked with a Silver STI at the same house every Sunday in San Rafael. Wonder if their on this board?

Haha, I think I know who it is. Is this house near the northgate mall?

JanSolo
12-27-2003, 12:05 AM
I saw a silver Evo tonight. My wife and I were crossing 280 on De Anza Blvd going towards Apple. We saw an Evo take a right going north on De Anza onto 280. I waved, but I don't think the driver saw me.

wilson1
12-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Hey Tam,

Nice meeting you!
Btw, it was fun tracking up at Thunderhill!

Wilson

wilson1
12-27-2003, 12:35 AM

Jansolo,

I need the Vishnu stickers on my car and turn it into a Vishnu Works, what do you think? :lol:

Wilson

JanSolo
12-27-2003, 12:58 AM

Jansolo,

I need the Vishnu stickers on my car and turn it into a Vishnu Works, what do you think? :lol:

Wilson

I think that would be nice. We need to get some pics of Dave from Works and Shiv and photochop them holding hands or something.

LEZ BE FRIENDS!

rodw
12-28-2003, 11:29 AM
I briefly chatted w/ an evo owner like a month ago near King Egg roll in SJ and there's a blue evo near my parents house in Santa Clara, near stuff pizza at homestead/kiely.

howiEVO8
12-28-2003, 02:21 PM
there's one or two always parked in front of cybertron (upper level of coffee lovers)...lolz

howiEVO8
12-28-2003, 02:22 PM
silver and black one, right evochris? lolz

1StockEvo
12-29-2003, 07:35 PM
Haha, I think I know who it is. Is this house near the northgate mall?[/quote]

The exit I take is the central San Rafael exit. The house where the Evo and Sti are always at is I think two stop lights up and then you take a right. Northgate mall is up I think 2 or three exits on 101 in terra linda.

1StockEvo
12-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Saw a white Evo with tinted windows and a works sticker on the window on 92E. last night. When I was coming up to him he down shifted like he wated to race or something. But I exited on Foster City Blvd and he kept going.

Nzo
12-31-2003, 01:00 AM
Who had their silver stevens creek evo at UCKK tonight?

thomas
01-05-2004, 12:25 AM
in folsom, 1/3/04, saw a black evo with a good looking girl driving onto S50 from e. bidwell. had a custom plate.

then in sac, 1/4/04, saw a yellow evo with no plates cruise down sunrise with gf? in passenger seat. tried to flag down, but he said he was busy. juss gave him this website.

it puts a smile on my face to kno that more and more evos are showing up...ahhhh, feel the love!!! haha.

Nzo
01-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Girl in a yellow evo at UCD today, Ive seen it before. Plate is Evo XR I think.

vtluu
01-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Did you say hi? Give her our card? (Get her number? :wink:)

We've got ethnic minorities covered but I think women are under(as in, not)-represented in this club. I think this serious issue needs to be addressed. Agreed? 8)

rodw
01-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Just saw a BBY evo (lowered + exhaust) on Mathilda in sunnyvale, gave the evo nod :wink: to them (a couple) and they waved back... :D

JanSolo
01-28-2004, 02:25 PM
I saw an Evo at Starbucks on El Camino Real and Lawrence. I even stopped to talk to the driver briefly. He told me he was on EvoM but not on NorCalEvo. Hopefully, he will join us here soon.

warpspeed
01-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Well I finally saw a Blue by you Evo on I80 near Davis going toward Sac. Actually it's the first Evo that I've seen around here.

nebolic
01-28-2004, 09:35 PM
I saw two sightings today, 1 yellow evo in Davis and silver evo in Davis, i threw up a peace sign for the silver evo driver but he didnt throw one back... same guy that i left a note on his car a few weeks ago and never returned my note.... damn college kids.

Oh warp speed, if the blue evo you saw today had a turbo charge decal on the back, thats gilbert. :-)

warpspeed
01-28-2004, 09:39 PM
I couldn't really see if he had a decal. The damn sun was blinding me and I just saw a glimpse of the car. I there alot of Evos in your area. It seems kinda scarce over here in Fairfield.

Noel

nebolic
01-28-2004, 09:40 PM
theres a few out here in sac town, but only a 2-3 thats active on norcalevo.net

warpspeed
01-28-2004, 09:49 PM
It's funny though...at the dealership here in Fairfield, there were about 5 Evos sitting in the lot for the past few weeks and now they are gone. Like I said...I don't see any around here. Maybe it's just the timing.

nebolic
01-28-2004, 11:02 PM
hahah i think when it comes to buying evo, i believe people are willing to travel some distance to get a good deal. maybe thats why you dont see them around. btw, i know there is a bunch of evos in cupertino and i've never seen them around, they must have the 007 camoflauge equipment on hahahaa

Nzo
01-29-2004, 12:19 AM
i left a note on his car a few weeks ago and never returned my note.... damn college kids.

Hah thats funny, I put a norcalevo.net post-it on his car too about 2 months ago. Saw him driving it for the first time today. Guess hes not the friendly type...

nebolic
01-29-2004, 12:41 AM
i think i should smoke his ass and tell him whats up... kinda dont like the unfriendly type seems he's too good for our site.

BTW nzo, i would like to check out your s14. I heard from gilbert that its the real deal. If you have time, why dont you roll out to tapioca express on saturday night at 10pm so we can kick it or something... let me know. also, downtown davis i saw a yellow Evo.

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 12:51 AM
[quote="nebolic"]i think i should smoke his ass and tell him whats up... kinda dont like the unfriendly type seems he's too good for our site.

quote]

yup, there seems to be a lot of those...bah

Nzo
01-29-2004, 02:06 AM
why dont you roll out to tapioca express on saturday night at 10pm so we can kick it or something... let me know.

Sure thing, 10 sounds fine. Youre talking about the one off of pocket road correct? A wrx buddy of mine has been calling me down there for the past few weeks so I just kind of discovered the whole TE thing, hard to resist the option videos too.

nebolic
01-29-2004, 09:22 AM
word, we'll see you there around 10ish, hopefully there'll be a good crowd out there. BTW I was chilling in Sorrento apartments yesterday (my lady lives there), I'm pretty much there every wednesday except for the first week of the month, next time I roll over there, I'll hit u up... ;-) see you there on saturday. Peace out yo!

chris
01-29-2004, 09:42 AM
i think i should smoke his ass and tell him whats up... kinda dont like the unfriendly type seems he's too good for our site.

yup, there seems to be a lot of those...bah

1 in my area but i can't seem to find him no more =\

nebolic
01-29-2004, 09:46 AM
:-) glad only the cool folks make it on norcalevo.net makes it one big happy family.

chris
01-29-2004, 09:50 AM
you know thats right. it's great being a huge evo family lol. then when we make a drive, everybody would be skurred of our great numbers :worthy: evo

nebolic
01-29-2004, 09:54 AM
hahaha thats right bow down biatchhhh!!!! heheh :twisted:

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 02:21 PM
of course there's some of those on norcalevo.net as well...that like to talk shit behind ur back ugggh...i won't mention any names, we know who u are....

but yeah anyways...its strange i haven't seen any evo's lately in my area...they're usually abundant. i mean, i haven't seen any new evo's that is....except my neighbors and i haven't even seen his lately either, but when i do, i'll slap him a card hehe

nebolic
01-29-2004, 04:25 PM
nice, hahaha, cant wait till the next meet when i can kick it with my bay area peeps. cool.

JanSolo
01-29-2004, 04:40 PM
nice, hahaha, cant wait till the next meet when i can kick it with my bay area peeps. cool.

And we can take turns test driving your car.. ;)

BluEvo
01-29-2004, 05:03 PM
I saw a white one (downtown SJ) going down Market. I was walking acrossed the street to work (avoiding a few cars). It was passing by to quickly. I know it had an exhast though.

nebolic
01-29-2004, 05:04 PM

heh, no problem, when i went to the STi/Wrx meet, i let those guys test drive my shiznit, so i gotta show love for my Evo boyz and let them test drive my shiznit too.

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 05:09 PM

heh, no problem, when i went to the STi/Wrx meet, i let those guys test drive my shiznit, so i gotta show love for my Evo boyz and let them test drive my shiznit too.

and den? what did they think of it?

nebolic
01-29-2004, 05:14 PM
they loved it, said its definetely a nice car, feels differnt, (they thought ihad suspension work done) but i said its stock, they were a bit shocked, but they think its a very nice car, comparable to STi, i think some might be making a switch hehehhe.

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 05:17 PM
they loved it, said its definetely a nice car, feels differnt, (they thought ihad suspension work done) but i said its stock, they were a bit shocked, but they think its a very nice car, comparable to STi, i think some might be making a switch hehehhe.

i bet they just tried to keep str8 faced, deep down they were like..."D'OH!!!!"

BluEvo
01-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I do love the praise we get on our Evos. I get all sorts of peeps, young to old giving me complements on my ride. When i'm gettin gas, peeps just walk up and start chattin it up with me. This one guy that had a type r integ was like "if i had the money, i'd trade and get an Evo." This older guy had told me "that sure is a beauty you got there, what is it?" :D

warpspeed
01-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Most of the time people gives me this look like "God damn I wish I had that car." or "It's the Gran Turismo car"

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Most of the time people gives me this look like "God damn I wish I had that car." or "It's the Gran Turismo car"

haha kids usually be like oooOo look! its the 2fast2furious car!

warpspeed
01-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Just a little story...this guys with a new 350z(no plates) comes on the freeway ahead of me at night. starts to speed up...so I said.."why not". kept up doing 100+ and when he slowed down, he had to most shocking look that I have ever seen.

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Just a little story...this guys with a new 350z(no plates) comes on the freeway ahead of me at night. starts to speed up...so I said.."why not". kept up doing 100+ and when he slowed down, he had to most shocking look that I have ever seen.

lolz...u skerd him

JanSolo
01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
I had an old biker guy at the local 76 talk to me about my car. I told him the hp on the engine and he said "big deal". Then I told him it was 4 cylinder and his jaw nearly dropped. And when I told him that people out there are making 533whp Evos - basically a car more powerful than a Viper and C5 Z06, he thought I was full of shit.

I have noticed in my black Evo, I get much less attention. In the red Evo, everyone and their brother was always trying to race me or would ask me about my car. Now, things are really mellow and I think I like it this way a lot more.

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 10:33 PM
straying off subject still but one of my customers thinks his silverado truck can beat me LOLZ

BluEvo
01-29-2004, 10:38 PM
straying off subject still but one of my customers thinks his silverado truck can beat me LOLZ

a ford f-150 svt lightning might, but a silverado.....come on :lol:

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 10:52 PM

a ford f-150 svt lightning might, but a silverado.....come on :lol:

u really think an SVT F-150 lightning can? lolz

leif
01-30-2004, 11:42 AM
yeah probly. they have 380hp and 450 tq this year. not like we're that fast stock.

BluEvo
01-30-2004, 12:25 PM
yeah probly. they have 380hp and 450 tq this year. not like we're that fast stock.

yeah they r in that range about 390hp. that things a beast of a truck!

vtluu
01-30-2004, 01:21 PM
From http://www.downtownford.com/svt000/lightning/99ltnspecs.htm :

Performance
0-60 mph 5.8 seconds
Quarter mile 13.9 seconds @ 100 mph
Top speed 142 mph/228 kph
Braking, 60-0 mph 136 ft.
Braking, 100-0 mph 238 ft.
80 ft. slalom 63.6 mph
100 ft. skidpad 0.85g
You could still beat it with a stock Evo, but it'd be damned close...

I wouldn't try to autocross one, though. :lol:

BluEvo
01-30-2004, 03:03 PM
and now they got this dodge sr-t or r/t truck doin' something like 500hp + or - some. man, the things they do with trucks now a days....

warpspeed
01-30-2004, 04:16 PM
I thought trucks were made for hauling? what's going here. do you really want to go 100+ carrying something in the back?

vtluu
01-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Trucks are for towing your flatbed trailer bearing your race-prepared Evo to/from the track/auto-x. :lol:

BluEvo
01-30-2004, 05:34 PM
I thought trucks were made for hauling? what's going here. do you really want to go 100+ carrying something in the back?

true that. now they are made for hauling a$$!

vtluu
01-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Saw a blue Evo with no plates tonight parked by a stairwell in the parking garage near Market & Santa Clara in downtown SJ. Looked stock though I didn't have a good look (didn't want to leave my date sitting in my car waiting for me :wink:). Left a NorCalEvo card on his windshield. 8)

JanSolo
01-31-2004, 01:11 AM
Saw a blue Evo with no plates tonight parked by a stairwell in the parking garage near Market & Santa Clara in downtown SJ. Looked stock though I didn't have a good look (didn't want to leave my date sitting in my car waiting for me :wink:). Left a NorCalEvo card on his windshield. 8)

Date, eh? And left a card, eh? Good job on both counts.

howiEVO8
01-31-2004, 04:57 AM
speaking of sightings, ive sighted lots of wrx's lately...all of which they think are sooo fast...bah...only subu i'd consider racing against are STi's and there's not that many STi's in my area...except one of my friends blue STi. I've axed him to race before and he's skerd....keke

BluEvo
01-31-2004, 04:50 PM

i've seen that one a couple times too. i work near there and park in that garage. i always see that dude driving on market after i get out of work. i don't think he parks in that garage in the daytime though.

vtluu
01-31-2004, 07:47 PM
Hat trick!

Headed up 680 from Milpitas today to check out Jan's proposed drive route for meet #3. On 680, saw a silver Evo, looked stock but who knows, driven by a tall short-haired dude. Waved as he passed and he acknowledged with a friendly nod.

Then drove west on Niles Canyon Road, and (after missing the turn and turning around) headed north up Palomares Road, and caught up to (stuck behind slower traffic) a black Evo, our very own JanSolo scouting the same route with Ashley (shall we call her "Mrs. Solo?" :wink:) riding along. Anyway we pulled over just before getting to 580 and chatted for a bit.

Headed west on 580 and 238 and encounted another silver Evo, this one debadged. Some guy and his girlfriend/wife. Waved at each other.

Then headed back to 880 S, 87 S and to my favourite 76 station for a shot of 100 octane for tomorrow's auto-x. And yes, they had some at the pump. Oh, yeahhhh. 8)

All in all a good day. :D

JanSolo
01-31-2004, 09:41 PM
I actually liked that road, except for the initial problem of just FINDING it. Definitely the road for our next drive.. and I didn't see any other Evos out there, not counting Tam's of course.

BluEvo
02-01-2004, 02:00 PM
wow sounds like you had an "evo encounter"! lols

vtluu
02-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Eight Evos at the auto-x in Oakland yesterday: mine, Joe Master's silver Evo and a yellow one running in A Stock, Chris Warner's "blue beast", Joe Harrison's stickered-up red Evo (trailered in following a trip to the SCCA National Solo tour in AZ) running on Hoosiers, a silver one with the nose mask ("bra") and another blue one running in E Street Prepared. There was also a white one that didn't run; unfortunately he left before I had the chance to say hi.

The only mod I could see was a Magnaflow exhaust on the yellow one. But the Evos (mine notwithstanding) dominated both AS and ESP classes, especially with the cold, slippery and occasionally rainy conditions out there.

Funny story to relate: I first met Chris (Warner) at an autocross at Candlestick, 4 events ago. Back then he had a blue WRX. Next event, he'd upgraded to a blue STi. Yesterday I saw him and asked him, "where's your car?" and he motioned to the blue Evo and said, "there it is, the blue beast". Apparently he'd traded in the STi for the Evo just a couple weeks ago. In his words, "buying the STi was a costly mistake." What does he prefer about the Evo? Most of all the steering response--coming from a seasoned autox'er that means a lot. Incidentally, Chris was one of the ESP drivers yesterday to get a time under 50 seconds... though I think he probably placed 3rd in that class--behind two other Evo drivers. :lol:

A few photos; here's Chris's car:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album34/74_G.jpg

Joe Harrison's red Evo:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album34/85_G.jpg

Mmm, Hoosiers:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album34/91_G.jpg

More photos in my gallery... (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album34&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php)

evo_dadi
02-02-2004, 10:21 PM
nice pics man,btw did chris ever told you if he lived here in santa cruz? cause i swear i talked to a guy in iclub that used to have an sti and just recently that i started spotting a blue evo around,maybe its a coincedence or not.

vtluu
02-02-2004, 10:40 PM
According to the last posted (http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2003/Slush/round6.html) auto-x results, Chris is from Santa Cruz. So he's probably the same guy you know.

ez76
02-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Saw a Tarmac Black heading south on 87 near 280. Still had a dealer temporary tag but it looked like the "Lancer" part of the stock emblem had been removed.

Congrats on your new car!

chris
02-04-2004, 11:48 PM
when was this? i went on 87 to 280 this morning lol. but i have a license plate =) and my car was dirty haha

JanSolo
02-05-2004, 09:20 PM
I have a black lancer and I drive near 280 & 87 since I don't work too far from there. Dunno if it was me, but always a possibility.

Tonight, I was at a Japanese restaurant in Cupertino when the wife spotted a black Evo with a UK badge on it. Like any good NorCalEvo member, I put two of the cards that Tam made on their windshield.

I've seen this Evo before. In fact, I saw them on De Anza Blvd and saw an RX8 try to race this person. I thought it might have been Chris, but it wasn't. Hopefully this person is not on here so we can get yet another member.

nebolic
02-05-2004, 09:30 PM
was it a black evo with a small wing, cuz a few weeks ago when i cruised back to san jose to visit my parents i saw a dude in a black evo with small wing, my girlfriend pointed it out to me haahaha

JanSolo
02-05-2004, 09:37 PM
No, it was the cool carbon fiber wing. Too bad the driver did not debadge the US Evo badges. The Evo looks much better with the UK badge alone.

chris
02-06-2004, 08:38 AM
I have a black lancer and I drive near 280 & 87 since I don't work too far from there. Dunno if it was me, but always a possibility.

Tonight, I was at a Japanese restaurant in Cupertino when the wife spotted a black Evo with a UK badge on it. Like any good NorCalEvo member, I put two of the cards that Tam made on their windshield.

I've seen this Evo before. In fact, I saw them on De Anza Blvd and saw an RX8 try to race this person. I thought it might have been Chris, but it wasn't. Hopefully this person is not on here so we can get yet another member.

i wish i had ukbadges. now only if they were available and more cheap!

BluEvo
02-06-2004, 11:42 AM

thats on the real. those uk badges are a grip and they don't even make u faster...lolz

nebolic
02-06-2004, 12:13 PM
what you talking about man, those UK badges add an instant 10 whp .... thats 10 whp great mod to make your car faster. Now if you also get a ralliart Banner on the front, oh my gosh... you'll kill a Z06 no prob.... best bang for the buck. hehehe

chris
02-06-2004, 12:26 PM

thats on the real. those uk badges are a grip and they don't even make u faster...lolz

thats why i wish it was like 20bucks haha. cuz 80bucks shiznit ill get something else =X

GReddy_917
02-09-2004, 01:52 PM
My Lady and I were pulling out of the Applebee's parking lot the other day, on Saratoga right by 280. We saw a silver evo with a shiny exhaust pass by with two peeps in it...we all nodded and kept going...was this anyone here?

JanSolo
02-09-2004, 04:25 PM
I saw a Blue Evo pulling into Hitachi today over in south San Jose. I tried to wave the person down, but they just kept on going. :(

BluEvo
02-09-2004, 05:05 PM
I saw a Blue Evo pulling into Hitachi today over in south San Jose. I tried to wave the person down, but they just kept on going. :(

he prolly thought u were trying to car-jack him.....lolz :lol:

jomama
02-09-2004, 08:19 PM
greddy_917 - that could have been me and my gf on saratoga. was it sunday at about 5 or 6pm? if it was, wuz up! that was my works exhale blingin in the back.

JanSolo
02-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Okay, I saw a red evo tonight pulling off of Saratoga avenue at 7.30 pm onto 280 going southbound. The red evo had a Gruppe-S sticker on the rear driver side window. I got beside it and honked, no response. I got behind it and flashed my brights and they just took off. :( It had what I believed to be a carbon fiber HKS exhaust, so I figured it might be Cal from Gruppe-S, but I am not sure of the color of his Evo.

vtluu
02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Cal's Evo is silver, if the picture someone posted to the Member Rides gallery is correct.

JanSolo
02-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Yer right, his Evo is silver. I just checked his profile (something I should have done earlier).

chris
02-11-2004, 02:12 PM
just sited a white evo with just the "evolution" badge on the trunk. brand new from concord with black tint all around. i gave you a card the other day at bank of america. im the one with the black evo so yeah nice to meet you if you're on here sometime soon.. =X

GReddy_917
02-11-2004, 02:41 PM
greddy_917 - that could have been me and my gf on saratoga. was it sunday at about 5 or 6pm? if it was, wuz up! that was my works exhale blingin in the back.

It was on Sunday. That must have been you...waaaaazzzzuuuup! :D

usdmct9a
02-12-2004, 12:44 AM
I finally got to see an Evo going in my direction :D . 80E between Richmond and Pinole.

If you're in this forum, sorry if it looked like I wanted to race. After admiring your car for some time, I realized I was holding up traffic and had to speed up.

uhoh_evo
02-12-2004, 10:22 AM
supposedly my sister saw another blue evo here in tracy. yesterday. also, my other sister said she saw a blue evo in sac that might work in the elk grove shopping center by some furniture place and the holiday inn. she said it had a stevens creek plate. just curious. yea my lil sisters get to go out more than i do.

nebolic
02-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Hmm elk grove... is that the place by BEST BUY if it is i'll go stalk the guy cuz i live 5 mins from there. heehehh i will drop by tongiht and the next couple of days to see if i can find that guy. let me know what time your sister saw that blue Evo.....

xchoirboy
02-12-2004, 12:43 PM
I was rollin around Tracy yesterday :driving:

JanSolo
02-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Saw a Blue Evo this morning on the way to work. I was driving on 85 south and the Blue Evo was driving on 85 North. It was between Saratoga Blvd exit and De Anza Blvd exit.

chris
02-13-2004, 12:04 PM
ur everywhere jan haha

nebolic
02-13-2004, 12:05 PM
i think that we need to equip our evos with loudspeakers and whenever we see an Evo, we can just speak on the loudspeaker and say "can the evo ahead please pull over" heheh

chris
02-13-2004, 12:07 PM
sirens would help. the evo cop haha =X. you have been spotted please pull over and take this card haha

BluEvo
02-13-2004, 12:31 PM
sirens would help. the evo cop haha =X. you have been spotted please pull over and take this card haha

:cop: U with the big wing! Pull It Over! hahaha!

brwnrice
02-13-2004, 03:47 PM
saw a brand new black evo with capitol mitsu tags here in moffett field. driver was turning into the housing area right before the gate. i didnt wave since i was drivng a different vehicle.

nebolic
02-14-2004, 06:47 PM
saw a black evo in sacramento today with low black wing, I told you about the norcalevo meet and ask you to look up this website.

However, friendly advise is don't rev on people, since you already parked your car....

Anyhow if you're here welcome to the forums.

evo_dadi
02-15-2004, 05:29 PM
rollin thru berryesa today around 11am and saw a yellow evo w/no plates yet but he was going the opposite way. then i had a stalker call me up on cell to find out it was chris who saw me ;) while driving another car.

vtluu
02-15-2004, 06:06 PM
What, Chris has two Evos now? Ain't one enough? :lol:

JanSolo
02-17-2004, 10:41 AM
I finally saw who is driving that blue Evo I keep on seeing all the time.

I was driving down 85 to work and on the opposite side, traffic was going really slowly. I decided to look at the traffic at the other side to see if I could find yet another Evo and there it was .. the mysterious blue Evo. It turns out that an older guy (yeah, older than me) was driving it. I pointed at him and he saw me, so at least there was kind of acknowledgement.

BluEvo
02-17-2004, 10:54 AM
I finally saw who is driving that blue Evo I keep on seeing all the time.

I was driving down 85 to work and on the opposite side, traffic was going really slowly. I decided to look at the traffic at the other side to see if I could find yet another Evo and there it was .. the mysterious blue Evo. It turns out that an older guy (yeah, older than me) was driving it. I pointed at him and he saw me, so at least there was kind of acknowledgement.

yeah i've seen that guy around here downtown sj. i've never made eye contact with him yet. he's always driving off on market street when i'm pulling out of the parking garage. it's funny tho'. it's like seeing my car being driven away...lolz

warpspeed
02-17-2004, 01:01 PM
I saw a silver Evo with no plates(front/back) around 9:45pm heading toward Ashby on I-80 south. He was on the cell phone and was driving slow.....everybody was passing him up. I gave a heads up but seems to be to busy to respond.

brwnrice
02-17-2004, 02:21 PM
saw a red evo this morning around 7:30 am going 85 N towards the 101 junction. at first i thought it was tam's car but looking at it more closely it didnt have the uk badge on the back.

vtluu
02-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Did it have the CF or low wing? I've seen another red Evo around my area (okay, once) with the low wing.

brwnrice
02-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Did it have the CF or low wing? I've seen another red Evo around my area (okay, once) with the low wing.

it had CF wing. looks stock on the outside.

nebolic
02-17-2004, 06:04 PM
i just sighted another Black Evo in sacramento, at 4:30pm by Consumes River College. Let me know if you're here ont he boards, cuz i live 3 mins from there.

holla back

evofan0717
02-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Well I finally saw a Blue by you Evo on I80 near Davis going toward Sac. Actually it's the first Evo that I've seen around here.

Might have been mine if you saw vishnu stickers on the rear passenger windows, I live in vallejo. My wife sometimes drives it to work in vacaville. I've seen yours near the mall. Anyone, doing the NASA HPDE at T-hill? I'm gonna be there!

chrisw
02-18-2004, 11:53 PM
Saw a Blue Evo this morning on the way to work. I was driving on 85 south and the Blue Evo was driving on 85 North. It was between Saratoga Blvd exit and De Anza Blvd exit.

that was me...

I have seen you at least twice now. 8)

chris
02-18-2004, 11:55 PM
i thought my sn had some kinda error. lol this is going to be confusing for everybody.

JanSolo
02-18-2004, 11:59 PM

that was me...

I have seen you at least twice now. 8)

Were you at Hitachi in south San Jose anytime in the past few weeks?

Thanks for signing onto the board! It's great to see more local members on here.

vtluu
02-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Welcome, chrisw!
:werd:

evo_dadi
02-19-2004, 12:13 AM
wassup chrisw,cmon empire grade is just their waiting to be driven ;)

blitzkrgCT9A
02-19-2004, 02:10 AM
chrisW, were you w/ I-club and NASIOC as well? ur nickname looks familiar :)

odyss3y
02-19-2004, 12:03 PM
I see a black EVO in south San Jose off bernal often. I think they have a NorCalEvo sticker (or something like it). Anyone here?

Dave

odyss3y
02-19-2004, 12:04 PM
chrisW, were you w/ I-club and NASIOC as well? ur nickname looks familiar :)thats him...

JanSolo
02-19-2004, 12:09 PM
I see a black EVO in south San Jose off bernal often. I think they have a NorCalEvo sticker (or something like it). Anyone here?

Dave

That would be me. I work in south San Jose off of Via Del Oro, so I am around there all the time.

Since you've got a WRX, we should go driving up by IBM. They have some sweet hills up there that are perfect for some spirited driving.

chris
02-19-2004, 12:12 PM
or it could be me. i work at that wells fargo off of bernal and santa teresa =X

JanSolo
02-19-2004, 12:18 PM
Or it could be Chris! :) I forgot that you owned a ninja black Evo as well! Oh and with NorCalEvo stickers on it too.

evofan0717
02-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Anyone else going to the NASA HPDE?

chrisw
02-19-2004, 10:31 PM
chrisW, were you w/ I-club and NASIOC as well? ur nickname looks familiar :)

yep... that's me... I have been able to keep this screen name fairly consistant on almost all boards that I sign up for... I don't need to many nick names, screen name, etc.. I have enough problems remembering my own name.... :lol:

chrisw
02-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Welcome, chrisw!

hey man!

so where's my norcal EVO sticker :P

vtluu
02-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Jan is Da Sticker Dude. I'm Da Card Dude. :lol:

JanSolo
02-19-2004, 10:36 PM
hey man!

Go to the next meet on the 28th. :)

evo_dadi
02-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Welcome, chrisw!

hey man!

hey chris i got a pair of blue decals left want them? let me know if you do before i start sticking it somewhere else.

jstockdale
02-20-2004, 02:20 AM
hey chris i got a pair of blue decals left want them? let me know if you do before i start sticking it somewhere else.

:huh: :shock: :huh:

I really ... really ... really didn't need to hear that.

-S ...

~ps is --> :peewee: <-- actually a picture of evo_dadi??? ;) hehe

evo_dadi
02-20-2004, 08:30 AM

:huh: :shock: :huh:

I really ... really ... really didn't need to hear that.

-S ...

~ps is --> :peewee: <-- actually a picture of evo_dadi??? ;) hehe

man :x teh banned!!! j/k looks like i shot my foot on that one :oops: what i meant is the decal might go to waste and stick it to my work truck instead.

odyss3y
02-20-2004, 10:27 AM
or it could be me. i work at that wells fargo off of bernal and santa teresa =Xyep, this was at wells fargo. sounds like we all need to get together sometime soon and go for a quick drive :)

chris
02-21-2004, 01:19 AM
lol u can drop by my work netime to say whatsup. =)

Mrs. Solo
02-21-2004, 08:44 PM
I saw a silver EVO parked in the garage near CPK at valley fair today. It had a dress or something hanging in the back. No stickers on it.

odyss3y
02-22-2004, 12:52 PM
lol u can drop by my work netime to say whatsup. =)wanna setup a lunch for the local people sometime this coming week? maybe fu-kee? something around there?

JanSolo
02-22-2004, 09:17 PM
wanna setup a lunch for the local people sometime this coming week? maybe fu-kee? something around there?

Not a bad idea at all. Sure, Fu-Kee or Baja Fresh and then head off for a quick drive over by IBM. I am cool with any day this week except monday (already got a drive scheduled!).

1StockEvo
02-24-2004, 02:22 AM
Saw one bada$$ lookin white evo tonight @ around 945pm by the Tapioca Express in Mountain View. Looked freakin quick. It had a huge spoiler that kinda looked like the Top Secret carbon fiber spoiler. Also looked like it had an upgraded intercooler and had bozz performance stickers on the side of the car. Anybody's car from this forum???

nebolic
02-24-2004, 09:25 AM
i think that car usually hangs out on friday nights at the In n OUt in milpitas.

odyss3y
02-24-2004, 10:12 AM
ok so who was that this morning? jansolo? chris? "officer, i was late for work, i swear..."

JanSolo
02-24-2004, 10:20 AM
It was me. Guilty as charged. How fast were we going? 135 light years per second or so?

odyss3y
02-24-2004, 10:31 AM
:shock: 135? no way... and not in the carpool lane either... i follow all posted regulations...

it was impossible to see with all the water etc kicked up and the windshield wipers just float around barely kicking the water off... :roll: when is a good day to do the lunch/drive? preferrably drive first, then lunch, :twisted:

chris
02-24-2004, 10:33 AM
haahha.. i start at 10:15 lol =) it was def. jan!

JanSolo
02-24-2004, 10:36 AM
I meant 135km per hour! ;)

vtluu
02-24-2004, 10:37 AM
I meant 135km per hour! ;)
Ah, I see we're busy working towards our third Evo... :P

JanSolo
02-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Oh you heard about me playing the lotto? Yeah, I want to own an Evo for every day of the week.

odyss3y
02-24-2004, 11:19 AM
speeding in the rain is fun.. especially in large numbers

http://www.odyss3y.net/albums/coastaldrive2003/PA00001109924.sized.jpg

odyss3y
02-24-2004, 03:27 PM
that was fun... next time lets drive further :twisted:

JanSolo
02-24-2004, 04:31 PM
that was fun... next time lets drive further :twisted:

I agree. My friend of mine who works next door to the company I work at has an STI. I will make sure to invite him next time to make it a fun filled extravaganza.

chris
02-24-2004, 08:54 PM
yeah that was fun. although i was taking it a lot easier lol. u guys just went poof like that.

odyss3y
02-25-2004, 12:11 PM
you should have seen us debating between running the yellow or stopping at the one light u two got stuck at... good stuff... next time lets go south a bit at the T where we turned around.

BluEvo
02-28-2004, 11:04 PM
saw a black evo with black wheels and a silver one jamm'n on 880 when i was heading home from the meet at about 3pm or so. they guy in the black one didn't want to even turn and look over, just kept driving along. the silver one just jammed on the freeway and was gone. anybody on here?

warpspeed
02-28-2004, 11:08 PM
It might have been one of us (sacramento caravan). we were trying to get into one lane and the damn traffic was messing us up so some of the guys were flying.

Dogtown
02-28-2004, 11:15 PM
It might have been one of us (sacramento caravan). we were trying to get into one lane and the damn traffic was messing us up so some of the guys were flying.

I'm pretty sure he left before the sec convoy did if not it might have been me I was out in front with a silver evo, but i was keeping an eye back behind me for the others, and I don't have black rims. (unless they got real dirty or something :lol: )

Mrs. Solo
02-29-2004, 12:09 AM
I saw a Blue EVO on Matilda in Sunnyvale tonight while driving home from the meet. Didn't see any stickers on it. I flashed my brights at him to get his attention but he just ignored it and went on his marry way. Oh well..

chris
02-29-2004, 11:15 AM
he was skurred of you hahaha

brwnrice
02-29-2004, 12:36 PM
i saw yellow, white, blue, red, black, and silver evos on winton and cloudway in hayward!

vtluu
03-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Saw a yellow one parked at the Mazda Rev-It-Up event today. Actually, xchoirboy saw it first, and left a NorCalEvo card. Attaboy! :lol:
:peace:

howiEVO8
03-06-2004, 09:11 PM
saw chris in his black evo...mclaughlin and tully yesterday

chrisw
03-07-2004, 07:37 AM
who left the norcal evo card on my blue EVO at Mazda rev it up?

thanks, I'll pass it along :D

vtluu
03-07-2004, 10:02 AM
who left the norcal evo card on my blue EVO at Mazda rev it up?

thanks, I'll pass it along :D
Wasn't me... I saw a blue Evo pull out around 12pm and figured it was xchoirboy. We both saw the yellow Evo I mentioned previously.

Looks like it's getting to the point where there's a good chance that any random Evo you see in this area is on this board. Cool! :cool:

brwnrice
03-07-2004, 01:25 PM
saw a brand new apex silver with a stevens creek mitsu tag at mercado last night

evo_dadi
03-07-2004, 04:08 PM

cmon howie you know that doesnt count :wink: :wink: we know him already :P :P

vtluu
03-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I saw like 30 Evos last Saturday, does that count? :lol: lolz

Saw a black one driving north on 101 around 10am today. Had Stevens Creek Mitsubishi "plate" and looked brand new--you could still see tape marks on the window from where the dealer had put the paper or whatever. Pulled next to him and waved, he didn't so much as look over. :( Trailed him for a while and then he turned off at SFO.

chris
03-07-2004, 09:29 PM

saw a lowered silver evo in front of cybertron. i wonder who that is :roll:

nebolic
03-07-2004, 09:31 PM
btw where is cybertron, i clicked on the link and the website doesnt work. so whats the dealio. yo

chris
03-07-2004, 09:33 PM
capital expressway and aborn rd. the yahoomaps don't tell you it clearly.

xchoirboy
03-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Saw a silver driving down Tracy Blvd. Saturday. At the time couldn't turn around to chase him down.

chrisw
03-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Ok, I saw 2 EVO's and a WRX on skyline yesterday, early afternoon. The lead car was in white, followed by a black EVO, with a silver WRX taking up the rear...

I would have pulled over, but I wanted to get home after a long morning of autocrossing.

TheJANG
03-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Who was it driving down D street in Hayward around 4:15pm with the lowered weightless white with gold rims?

ps: Sorry about the misplaced post vtluu :oops:

vtluu
03-09-2004, 06:53 PM
It's all good. :bigglasses:

I don't remember seeing a gold-wheeled (blingbling!) Evo at a recent meet. Did someone steal the wheels off an STi? :lol:

On the subject of sightings, at last night's mini-meet we noticed a red Evo drive past on El Camino (around 8pm or so). Guess he didn't see us. :(

evo_dadi
03-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Who was it driving down D street in Hayward around 4:15pm with the lowered weightless white with gold rims?

ps: Sorry about the misplaced post vtluu :oops:

must have been gino of gb motorsports that you saw since the shop is located at hayward.

JanSolo
03-09-2004, 07:19 PM
If you see a black Evo in Hayward with a Helix exhaust, lowered with an Evolution 7 badge, that would be Alex from ProStreetOnline.com. Their "shop" is right a little bit away from GB.

TheJANG
03-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Indeed, it was Gino I saw:

http://www.mpjforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1443

evo_dadi
03-12-2004, 08:32 AM
bby evo yesterday at salinas by northridge mall,had no plates and tried to chase him but i got stuck on the stoplight. ill probably see him again one of these days.

BluEvo
03-12-2004, 07:27 PM
i'm in Stockton, CA right now and I spotted a yellow Evo at my friends auto shop! i gave him our card. he said he would check us out when he gets home. so if you see this post bro, i'm the one who passed you the card today (saturday).:wink:
T

wilson1
03-12-2004, 07:52 PM
I saw a silver evo driving around Ruby Hill in Pleasanton.

brwnrice
03-13-2004, 01:54 AM
saw a lowered white evo in a parking lot behind molle maggies. could it be greddy_917's car :cop:

BluEvo
03-13-2004, 02:03 AM
saw a silver one at the post office on Lundy (SJ). i was going to leave a card, but i wasn't in my car, and the cards are in my car. anyone here?

howiEVO8
03-13-2004, 02:20 AM
Saw a silver driving down Tracy Blvd. Saturday. At the time couldn't turn around to chase him down.

where's tracy blvd? in tracy?

BluEvo
03-13-2004, 02:52 AM

where's tracy blvd? in tracy?
yep

torrentprime
03-14-2004, 10:59 PM
My roommates borrowed my BBY the other day and drove through downtown San Jose Saturday morning. They said another blue Evo with some decently loud non-stock exhaust came alongside them. The driver was revving and seriously maddogging my roomies. He was so intent, in fact, that he wasn't watching where he was going and had to swerve out at the last minute to avoid a car--he almost hit it!
Anyone we know? C'mon--fess up!
Although, the BBY people I know here wouldn't be such tools...

brwnrice
03-14-2004, 11:25 PM
My roommates borrowed my BBY the other day and drove through downtown San Jose Saturday morning. They said another blue Evo with some decently loud non-stock exhaust came alongside them. The driver was revving and seriously maddogging my roomies. He was so intent, in fact, that he wasn't watching where he was going and had to swerve out at the last minute to avoid a car--he almost hit it!

that was terrence daniel, he wants to prove that he can keep up with you/car already :skid:

BluEvo
03-15-2004, 12:27 AM
that was terrence daniel, he wants to prove that he can keep up with you/car already :skid:
hella yah!
for realz tho, nah it wasn't me. i wasn't in town. i was in Sac saturday. that's not cool tho. can't we all just get along. :peace:

chris
03-15-2004, 01:09 AM
dunno if you're out there. black evo i guesass 35% tint all around that works i believe at albertsons on capitol and mc lauaghlin =) i was the one that left you the norcalevo.net card

Mo Evo
03-15-2004, 01:11 AM
New Evo owner and mobile window tinter here, so I'm always around Manly Mitsu in Santa Rosa, San Rafael Mitsu, and Concord Mitsu especially. So if you catch sight of a new silver Evo with Manly plates and dark tint, that would be me. So who's got the NorCalEvo.net cards that I can pass around? BTW, I tint at Marin Mazda/Subaru every Monday. Won't they be surprised when I roll in with a new Evo and not the silver STi I test drove there last week! And Casey, the GM at Concord Mitsu is gonna be beyond pissed that I got mine in Santa Rosa! Hehehe...Sorry for the rant. I'm new, soooo!

vtluu
03-15-2004, 03:37 AM
Welcome Mo Evo! Jan (JanSolo) is now Keeper Of The Cards. If you have any photos of your tinted Evo, please post 'em up in your member gallery (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=member_photos&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php) or in the Member Rides gallery (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album07&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php)!

Again, welcome! :guitar:

BluEvo
03-15-2004, 09:04 PM
pulled up next to a silver evo on King Road (SJ), exchanged names and told him to check out our site. if you are reading this, i was the one who hit you up earlier. i'm out of cards. i think i have to hit up Mr JanSolo!

Mo Evo
03-15-2004, 11:35 PM
OK, I'm officially hitting JanSolo up for some cards. And waaayyy back, someone spotted a silver Evo and silver STi in San Rafael. I passed by em today. They're both parked at 510 Mission Ave. near the Irwin Ave entrance to 101 north.

Mo

BluEvo
03-16-2004, 11:29 AM
drove passed a silver Evo as i was passing the inter-section
(hostetter/lundy) this morning on the way to work. this one had a low wing on it. anyone here?

GReddy_917
03-16-2004, 02:03 PM
I've gotten reports from a number of people that there is another white Evo with exhaust running around Mountain View....show yourself!!!...you cant hide forever!!!!....lol

BluEvo
03-16-2004, 04:58 PM
I've gotten reports from a number of people that there is another white Evo with exhaust running around Mountain View....show yourself!!!...you cant hide forever!!!!....lol
:yikes:

SouthernCrane
03-16-2004, 05:03 PM

It's lowered too, and has a shorty antenna.

brwnrice
03-16-2004, 06:40 PM
are you guys talking about me?

GReddy_917
03-16-2004, 07:21 PM
are you guys talking about me?

Well...have you been running around Mtn. View lately??

brwnrice
03-16-2004, 09:43 PM
yep, i work there

GReddy_917
03-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Then it probably was you mang.

SouthernCrane
03-16-2004, 10:02 PM
yep, i work there

were you in downtown MV this past saturday?

brwnrice
03-17-2004, 05:33 PM
just kidding guys. i use a government vehicle to go around mt. view to lessen the ever increasing mileage of the evo.

GReddy_917
03-17-2004, 07:47 PM
I didnt think it was you... :axe:

EvoKach
03-18-2004, 02:10 PM

I work in Mountain View Mon, Tues and Thurs. I have Silver EVO and my office is on Middlefield. Let's hook up for an EVO lunch one day.

GReddy_917
03-18-2004, 07:25 PM
I work in Mountain View Mon, Tues and Thurs. I have Silver EVO and my office is on Middlefield. Let's hook up for an EVO lunch one day.

That would be cool...but I work in Palo Alto and my Evo is parked at my station in Menlo Park all day :( Thanks though.

brwnrice
03-18-2004, 08:29 PM
hmm... lunch in one of the thai restaurants on castro would be awesome! lots of good looking women walk there during lunch time. :drool:

EvolvedDSM
03-20-2004, 10:14 AM
I saw a black one yesterday at V. Sattui. It was lowered, but didn't look for anything else. I didn't stick around to see who drove it and wasn't driving mine, but I did park next to you ;)

vtluu
03-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Saw a silver one parked on High St. near University Ave. in downtown Palo Alto last night. Looked totally stock though I only had a brief moment to look it over. Left a card.

brwnrice
03-20-2004, 10:50 PM
saw two white evo's going down to sd today. one was totally stock and spotted him on I-5 down on san juan capistrano and another one with a vis carbon fiber trunk exiting towards oceanside.

uhoh_evo
03-22-2004, 10:26 AM
does anyone here know of the yellow evo that goes through mountain house and grantline? if you're on here wassup? i live in tracy, too. but my friend is just telling me of a yellow he see's like almost everyday around 630am in that area.

EvoKach
03-22-2004, 11:08 AM
does anyone here know of the yellow evo that goes through mountain house and grantline? if you're on here wassup? i live in tracy, too. but my friend is just telling me of a yellow he see's like almost everyday around 630am in that area.

I have a silver one and I go through Tracy on Monday morning (5:30-6am) , Tuesday at about 3-4pm and Thursday in the morning and afternoon.....

ob4
03-22-2004, 03:04 PM
i play b-ball at whisman park every Sat and usually hang out around castro for lunch... look for the norcal evo sticker plus no sunroof.

It's lowered too, and has a shorty antenna.

SouthernCrane
03-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Anyone here with a Silver EVO with aftermarket front bumper (don't know which kind), in downtown Mtn. View (near the train station) at around 6pm on 3/22/04?

vtluu
03-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Saw a silver one headed north/east on Montague Expwy just north of 101, while driving in to work this morning. I was headed the opposite way so I had only just enough time after seeing him crest the hill to wave "hello".

SouthernCrane
03-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Whose black EVO was at the Vallejo Plaza today, 3/23/04, at around 11:30am near La Cabanita/Dragon Express?

ace33joe
03-25-2004, 04:37 PM
I was in my blue EVO, and heading to Japanese market at Saratoga Ave last Sunday afternoon.

On I-280 south, I saw a white EVO with all trunk emblems removed.

I changed to second lane to greet him, and we exchanged thumb-up. :)

brwnrice
03-25-2004, 05:08 PM
saw a white evo with jdm tail lights at dublin. i was on the freeway and the evo was turning into some hummer dealer lot.

EvoVIII
03-25-2004, 11:03 PM
saw a white Evo in Alameda few days ago, have Norcal Evo sticker on the Back window and a Work Exhaust I think..

03-25-2004, 11:33 PM
yo that me i work in alameda, by the way my eshaust is none muffler homemade 3 in pipe form cat hahaha works, umm is it look that good?

vtluu
03-26-2004, 12:07 AM
yo that me i work in alameda, by the way my eshaust is none muffler homemade 3 in pipe form cat hahaha works, umm is it look that good?
Don't you have a fix-it ticket for that? :P

EvoVIII
03-27-2004, 01:27 AM
well..... I didn't really get a good look at it coz I was heading to school @alameda college, I just saw a pipe with no muffler so though it was works

nebolic
03-27-2004, 01:56 PM
saw a blue evo parked on prospect road (and lawrence espressway) i think the owner works in Wheel Works. I left you a norcalevo card on your windshield. Hope you're logging on the boards.

Dogtown
03-27-2004, 02:41 PM
I saw a yellow Evo Parked at the honda dealership on Fulton near Marconi. I was in a hurry so I dropped off a Norcal Evo Card.

nebolic
03-28-2004, 12:05 AM
9:45pm ish on Stevens creek and saratoga sunnyvale road, saw a Silver Evo sounded loud.

Also get this, I see a silver Lotus Elise no plates redlining down saratoga-sunnyvale road. It almost tempted me to jump into my evo and chase after him. I was chilling at the starbucks. muhaaaaaaaaaaaa that lotus looks hella sick. sounds mean as hell brwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa brwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dogtown
03-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Today about 10ish saw a Blue EVO eastbound on 80 near Dixon.

uhoh_evo
03-29-2004, 09:48 AM
heading east down 580 (on my way to Todai :drool: ) i saw a silver evo at around 7:45 by N.Livermore or so.
tsk tsk tsk... :skid: weaving in and out of traffic trying to get away from me. i had a full load and my dad in the back seat who told me to drive slower because i would get a ticket. i was going exiting my development on my way to 40. i was at like 30.
i would have caught up to see who was driving but i didn't want no trouble from the old man :axe: :offrant: :chatter: