PDA

View Full Version : About to pull the trigger

dnp607
11-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi All,

I'm considering pulling the trigger on an 05' MR after a test drive today (South Bay). I was wondering what people are paying for '05s now - it seems like MSRP - at 35k + tax, that's not much for bargaining...

The Anthracite grey is actually going for MORE than MSRP? Is that just salesman spew?

All the best,
-D

JanSolo
11-02-2004, 10:06 PM
I've never heard of the MR grey costing more. I would definitely call San Rafael Mitsubishi and see what they have to say since they are one of the few honest Evo dealers out there. Did you go to Stevens Creek Mitsu for the MR?

dnp607
11-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the tip on San Rafeal, I'll give them a ring. I went to Capital to test drive - they let me take out an '03, but I'm targeting an '05.

I'm thinking maybe leasing is better due to the depreciation on these suckers... That up front tax hit on 35k, plus depreciation... plus, 2007 might be a good year for EVO's... Decisions decisions ;-)

-D

I've never heard of the MR grey costing more. I would definitely call San Rafael Mitsubishi and see what they have to say since they are one of the few honest Evo dealers out there. Did you go to Stevens Creek Mitsu for the MR?

dohcvtec
11-02-2004, 10:17 PM
go to san rafael, got my 05 gsr there, ask for snorre.

JanSolo
11-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Capitol Mitsu is a bit dodgey and I wouldn't trust those guys at all.

Anyhow, the Evo actually holds it's value quite well. Check this link at CNN to see for yourself.

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/popups/kbb_resale/frameset.1.exclude.html

wilson1
11-02-2004, 10:25 PM
dnp607,

If you need help, let me know!

dnp607
11-02-2004, 11:09 PM
68% @ 2 years. Not bad at all.. Plus, a big downside of leasing is no after market mods...

Regarding Capitol, I got the Steven's Creeps from these guys as well- the fleet manager was a nice enough guy tho.

-D

Capitol Mitsu is a bit dodgey and I wouldn't trust those guys at all.

Anyhow, the Evo actually holds it's value quite well. Check this link at CNN to see for yourself.

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/popups/kbb_resale/frameset.1.exclude.html

JanSolo
11-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Did they offer you a lease on the MR? I've yet to hear of anyone leasing an Evo.

dnp607
11-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Capital didn't offer me a leasing option on the EVO - but we haven't talked money seriously yet, so I'm no authority here. I usually end up using a broker (like Hammer auto in PA) and having them deal with all of that stuff.. But since the cars are selling at MSRP, there's not much need to pay a broker to get me "a deal". There's a company called Los Altos Leasing that did give me a number of good options with very fair cap costs and residual. Leases are usually big money makers for car dealers, I'd be shocked if Capital and others don't present me with several confusing contracts designed to secure at least a year of hard financial servitude :-)

BTW, Jan, are you Ashley's husband? I work in her building - she put me on to the forum!

-D

Did they offer you a lease on the MR? I've yet to hear of anyone leasing an Evo.

lancerboy
11-03-2004, 12:23 AM
consider veracom in san mateo. look for francis de castro.

twEeker
11-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Theres your problem man, you went to capitol. The sales men think your dumb, and at the same time they think their shit don't stink.

JanSolo
11-03-2004, 11:03 AM
She told me about you! Glad you joined the forums. :)

It's a funny coincedence you mention Hammer Auto. The guy who owns Hammer Auto bought an 04 Blue Evo for his son.

Good luck with the lease. I would be very interested to see how that works out.

Mrs. Solo
11-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey Dan,
Glad to see you joined the forum!

dnp607
11-04-2004, 03:54 AM
Thanks guys :-) It looks like Snorre is on vacation until the 8th. I'll ping him when he gets back. For the heck of it, I logged onto the Mitsu cars web page and looked at their lease options - they actually have quite a few unique ways to go broke. Will let'cha know what it ends up being.

-D

toasty
11-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the forum, dnp607. :thumbsup:

eyescreame
11-05-2004, 11:00 AM
PM me of you want a good deal on a MR. I can help you negociate the price.