PDA

View Full Version : Need shop recommendations in Berkeley/Oakland area

eyescreame
11-03-2004, 10:46 AM
What's a good shop with decent prices to get an alarm in the Berkeley/Oakland area?

How about clear bra, paint protection?

eyescreame
11-11-2004, 10:05 AM
^^^

still need an alarm installer. Post shops you recommend in the bay area! :)

nebolic
11-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey give jbigelow a PM, his buddy has a shop in oakland, oops i think he also is on the boards here as he recently bought an Evo too. Can't remember his screen name but yeah, jbigelow's alarm installed by his buddy's shop is nice. If you can't get a hold of Jbige's let me know and I"ll call him up and ask him whats the dealio.

Nebo

Invisiguard
11-13-2004, 11:41 PM
8)

leif
11-22-2004, 06:30 PM
for alarms check out audio ..uhh shit, i duno wut its called but its in chinatown, you've probly seen their license plate frames on ppls cars. audio something...

Evo_xTSi
11-22-2004, 08:02 PM
Haven't done anything to my EVO yet, and I know this isn't in the East Bay, but Auto Sound in Sunnyvale did a nice Job on my Talon. Remote Start/Delay shut off (my turbo timer), Tinting, Stereo install. They were fast, reasonable, and friendly. Victor is who helped me out; he knew his stuff.

jbigelow
11-22-2004, 08:47 PM
The alarm place is AUDIOMOBILE in chinatown of OAKLAND.

give ALAN a call and tell him jbigelow sent ya. (or john mendoza from sacramento).

i have a COMPUSTAR alarm with all the bells and whistles including remote start and turbo timer.

AUDIOMOBILE is an authorized dealer for COMPUSTAR, CLIFFORD, and other DEI alarms.

give them a try @ 510-839-1992.

-jbigs

HANX FOR THE PLUG NEBO!!!!!!!! :D

EvoVIII
11-22-2004, 10:31 PM
The alarm place is AUDIOMOBILE in chinatown of OAKLAND.

give ALAN a call and tell him jbigelow sent ya. (or john mendoza from sacramento).

i have a COMPUSTAR alarm with all the bells and whistles including remote start and turbo timer.

AUDIOMOBILE is an authorized dealer for COMPUSTAR, CLIFFORD, and other DEI alarms.

give them a try @ 510-839-1992.

-jbigs

HANX FOR THE PLUG NEBO!!!!!!!! :D

man they are way over priced.. I ask them to install a Turbo timer for me, and it cost $175.. I was like :shock: okay whatever.. and I ask about the Matrix RS3.5 back then.. they ask for $750+install.. ok c u later..and I end up getting the same thing with Install with the Black box for $550 at another shop in the SF region, I know that shop got some nice cars, 350z/wrx/lexus etc.. and some of my friend knows them.. but their price is way too expensive..

jbigelow
11-22-2004, 10:56 PM
man they are way over priced.. I ask them to install a Turbo timer for me, and it cost $175.. I was like :shock: okay whatever.. and I ask about the Matrix RS3.5 back then.. they ask for $750+install.. ok c u later..and I end up getting the same thing with Install with the Black box for $550 at another shop in the SF region, I know that shop got some nice cars, 350z/wrx/lexus etc.. and some of my friend knows them.. but their price is way too expensive..

try price matching with them to see if they can do the same work.

i know alan and staff, and they do quality work!

eyescreame
11-30-2004, 05:00 PM

try price matching with them to see if they can do the same work.

i know alan and staff, and they do quality work!

I am getting it done from another authorized dealer for 1/3 of audiomobile's asking price.

jbigelow
11-30-2004, 06:28 PM
cool!!!!

i just recommended them.

they do QUALITY work and they take care of me (or any other customer) when it comes to warranty or installation issues.

their motto is "Quality, not Quantity."

also, you can see them work on your car. unlike other places.

anyways, congratulations on your price find.

BTW - i hope they do your remote start right, because if your car is in gear it will go forward.

when my car is in gear, the remote start will not work.

good luck!!!!!!!!