PDA

View Full Version : Okay, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JERRY
01-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Sunday, I decide to check on my bikes, so I open up the garage, pull out one of the cars, and start going over everything. It'a about 4-5 in the evening, sun had just started to go down. I start up my girlfriend's bike, which has a stock exhaust, and let it idle for a minute. Then I start up my bike, which is loud, but not retarded loud (I have a full Ti/Carbon exhaust on it) and let it idle. Once they get to a decent temp, I start to rev them a bit on the bike stands in gear, which I do to clean the chains and stuff anyway. I let them go for a few minutes, just to make sure everything is fine, and start to shut everything down. As I am moving the car back into the garage, one of Hayward's finest rolls up to the driveway. Here's how the dialog went:

me: Hello Officer, how can I help you?
cop: We've recieved a complaint about excessive noise from some of your neighbors... what's that about?
me: Well, I've got the bikes stored for winter, but I have to check to make sure everything is still good with them every couple of weeks. I start them, warm them up, put them in gear, and shut them back down
cop: you are not allowed to do any work in your garage, you'll have to take it to a shop to be worked on (sees the tool boxes and stuff)
me: I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood, I was not working on them, I was just making sure the battery is not dead and the fuel lines are still good.
cop: No, if we get another complaint again, I'll have to cite you for it. You are not allowed to do any maintenence or modifications to your vehicles.

At this point, I'm ready to kick this guy out of my garage and tell him to go f*ck himself. I'm trying to stay as calm as possible, but it's getting pretty hard.

me: I'm sorry, again, you don't seem to understand. Besides, where are you when I hear all the gun shots around our area? (we live in a pretty bad area, so yeah, when I go outside or come home late, you can hear gun shots.) I don't see you guys running to the rescue when the dude down the street got jumped, robbed, and left for dead the other day, but here you are trying to give me a ticket for working on my bike when I wasn't harrassing me at home for something so insignificant.
cop: like I said, IF we get another complaint, just dont let it happen again sir. (walking back to car)
cop: (turns back around) are the modifications on your motorcycle legal?
me: click (close the garage door)

WTF????

Jerry

nebolic
01-08-2008, 02:58 PM
+1 on wtf

nebo

evo_ate_gsr
01-08-2008, 03:07 PM
wow. what a tooooool face.

He needs to work on his attitude. butt plug

lodievo209
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
hahah I like how you closed the garage door when he asked if your mods. where legal.

chrisw
01-08-2008, 03:09 PM
sell your bikes and buy a harley with straight pipes and see that cop says...

probably give you a compliment :roll:

ZK
01-08-2008, 03:10 PM
I think there are sound limits in residential neighborhoods whether or not it is on private property...

I had something similar happen to me... I was working on the car and it was pulled out a bit on the sidewalk because there wasn't much space to work on. Still plenty of space for people to walk around the car if they were going down the sidewalk. A cop came by and told me to move the car as someone called to complain it was blocking the sidewalk... I was like WTF? I didn't see anyone come down the sidewalk let alone trying to walk by. And they could have at least asked me to move it before calling the cops.

DirectorSe7en
01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I thought excessive noise was only after certain hours. Not only that, since when can you not work in your garage?

What part of Hayward do you live in? Like by what?

BOOSTX2
01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I would try to find who called the complaint in... Then observe them, and return the
favor by calling and complaining about some bullshit you observed(or heard) them
doing?
This way it may send a message to them to mind there own F%cking Bizz...

DirectorSe7en
01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
^+1 for a good idea.

Seriously, you should do that.

overdrive
01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Maybe its some old folks who complained. That happened to me too when my wife and I still lived in an apartment. I have an aftermarket muffler on my '82 corolla. After I bought the EVO, I had to park the corolla in the garage coz it was collecting leaves and dust in the parking lot.

Since I daily drive the EVO, I decided to start the corolla from time to time to preserve its engine. Anyways, to make a long story short, the popo came one time and told me that my car was too loud. He just gave me a warning. I knew it was the old folks that live right across the apartment because whenever I drove the corolla past her apartment, she had this smirk on her face.

In the end, I had to move the corolla at my in-laws house because the cop came again the following week and gave me one last chance to move my corolla somewhere or else he would start citing me.

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I thought excessive noise was only after certain hours.

You are correct. I actually looked into the noise stuff because we have a dentist office next door and they where making ungodly noise at 6:00am with construction and a AC unit. Turns out that since they are a business they can make whatever noise they want from 6:45am to 8pm. The business has more rights then we do as a residence. They got pissed at me for calling the cops on them even though the cops couldn't do anything but tell them they can't start making noise until 6:45am. :(

So I just moved my speakers into my office window and blasted Sepultura all day long. :)

Also if you where in your garage I would have told him to stfu until he got a search warrant.

tam@xperformance
01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Biggest WTF of all re:

cop: you are not allowed to do any work in your garage, you'll have to take it to a shop to be worked on (sees the tool boxes and stuff)

It's your garage and your property, since when do you not have the right to do work in it?

overdrive
01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Biggest WTF of all re:

It's your garage and your property, since when do you not have the right to do work in it?

The cop was basically being a jerk/asshole.

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Tam if it's a rental he technically cannot work on it in the garage. Depends on city ordinance of course.

JDMevoBOOST
01-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I think in a residential area there is a quiet rule of 11:00 PM at least in the city there is. So basically you can't say shit to anyone unless its after that time.

I've had old folks shine flashlights at me from their house when letting the evo cool down. Saying my car is too loud.....BS.....one of them was my mom's neighbor and he rides a Harley. When I asked him if my car is louder than his bike, he didn't say anything. ROFL

DirectorSe7en
01-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I thought excessive noise was only after certain hours.

You are correct. I actually looked into the noise stuff because we have a dentist office next door and they where making ungodly noise at 6:00am with construction and a AC unit. Turns out that since they are a business they can make whatever noise they want from 6:45am to 8pm. So I just moved my speakers into my office window and blasted Sepultura all day long. :)

Damn, that's bullshit! At least you got them back a little, lol.

In Flames and Fear Factory FTW!

mtsevovii
01-08-2008, 04:43 PM
damn pwned by a stuck up cop..

im just glad i havent received one of these yet.. i always feel bad in the morning when i go to work...

i start my catless evo up every morning at 430am :( i know my neighbors hate my car for it.. but im glad no one has complained yet

ive also asked SJPD'd finest about my situation, and they said im fine unless i let the car idle for more than 30min

Chrispy
01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
sad that they didn't even come out to talk to you before calling the cops
i'm kinda disappointed by this lack of interaction between locals and neighbors.
i stored the evo in the back which was maybe a granny-stone throws away from my two neighbor's bedroom/kitchen windows. told them i'd be storing it there but would just start it up to idle for 5-10 mins during normal, non-obscure hours
i told them i'd cut it out if it happened to interrupt them at a bad time, even if during normal daytime hours, so they knew to come to me

PANGES
01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
lol man... me neighbors suck too. :(

UCB
01-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Biggest WTF of all re:

lol seriously, I would have really probed him to as why working on my car on my own property was not legal, then close the garage on him. If he cant see me, im not technically doing it, right? ;)

Segfault
01-09-2008, 02:40 AM
I hate shit like that. I swear some of these cops have nothing else to really do or want to avoid anything that's actually important.
I remember this one time I was sitting at a Starbucks in Castro Valley when I overhead one of the cop walkie-talkies say, "Shots fired, 911 call made, units check out so-and-so area." What did the cops do? They decided that finishing their coffee was more important.

smack
01-09-2008, 02:48 AM
i think he's twisting some laws on this one. there are zoning laws that prohibit basically running a repair shop out of your house but there's no way they could really make that kind of thing stick in this case. since it needs to be pretty obvious that you're doing business out of the garage.
what a putz.

JERRY
01-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, I live between Tyrell and Tennyson High, so for those of you that know Hayward, you know that it's not a good area. When I go out for a walk with my girlfriend and our dog, I bring my Glock... it's that bad. As soon as we can save up enough money, we'll be moving out. There are parties all the time in the neighborhood, no matter what day of the week. I called the cops ONCE (because I usually don't want to waste their time) because some drunk dude was doing burnouts and doughnuts outside at 3 in the morning on a weekday. He was showing off to some other guys that live down the street... Another time a fight broke out in FRONT of our house froma party next door (they are usually pretty cool, I dont mind the parties because it's on the weekends) and my friends and I were in the garage cleaning guns after a long day of shooting, so I stood outside with my ol' faithful 870, another friend stood there with two 1911, and another with his 870, a Kimber tucked in his pants felony-style. Needless to say the fight broke up pretty quick and people eneded up going home. The guys next door and I have a decent relationship, so I know it wasn't them that called the cops, I help them with their cars, they watch out for our house, I help regulate the neighborhood.

Some gangbanger kids (like in highschool) tried to tag up the walls near our house before... I simply walked up, asked them not to do it. One started to talk shit, thinking he was 50 Cent or something. Thank GOD one of them had some civility left in him. All I needed to say was "you are tagging up a wall that no one will see, if you want, BART is down the street, go there. Think long and hard before you do anything else here, I'm either really dumb walking up to you guys clearly out numbered, or I have something that would make the odds in my favor." They just got there shit together, yelled some kind of gang thing, and just left on foot.

The bottom line is, I think cops are great, unless you are a complete tool like the one that came to my house. I know there's alot of crime and a very small number of police in comparison, so why waste your time for a stupid call like a noise complaint? Why not go stop a robbery or shoot out? A while back, my girlfriend went grocery shopping at the Safeway off 92, the closest one to us. As she walked out, a car full of guys was driving by and one of them reached out of the car and tried to grab her purse. They ended up taking her down since the car was still moving, but didn't get the purse. She called the cops right after with the license plate number, and WAITED 25 minutes for them to show up for a report. She eneded up leaving because she got a good sized cut on her leg and didnt want to get blood all over the car. I hate Hayward and all of it's ghettoness...

Jerry

JERRY
01-09-2008, 01:10 PM
I would try to find who called the complaint in... Then observe them, and return the
favor by calling and complaining about some bullshit you observed(or heard) them
doing?
This way it may send a message to them to mind there own F%cking Bizz...

This would be kinda hard... As much as I'd like to repay the favor, it would take too much time and effort to track them down, UNLESS someone has a quick solution on how I can do it without breaking too many laws... ahahhaa

Jerry

Lurk
01-09-2008, 02:43 PM
You should've written down his badge # or something and file an official complaint against him for harassment. That should keep him from being considered for a promotion in the future. :P

JERRY
01-09-2008, 07:25 PM
You should've written down his badge # or something and file an official complaint against him for harassment. That should keep him from being considered for a promotion in the future. :P

The thought didn't cross my mind until after I started to close the garage door. I was so mad about the situation that I couldn't think straight. But if he does come back, or if I see him again, I'll make sure I get his badge number and report him for sure. I'm assuming he patrols the area to be that quick to respond to the BS call anyway.

Kasaper
01-09-2008, 08:23 PM
What an asshat!! Just one of those "YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHITAY" moments. You know you can't cure stupid or try to talk sense to someone who has none!!! :lol:

lqdchkn
01-09-2008, 09:35 PM
<---- Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this is a repost.

I'd have told him to site me for the sound violation so I could find out who called.Â* The caller legally remains anonymous until your sited ( charges are pressed).Â* Then you can take it up with your neighbor.Â* If he doesn't site you and backs down then you know no1 called and they heard "noise" from far away and just harassed you not knowing if it was really you or not.Â* Then you can get their badge #s and file a complaint.

It's alot of BS to play by their rules .

redevil9mr
01-09-2008, 09:41 PM
You should say F*ckoff my private property dickhead. You are soliciting on private property. Let me see your search warrant before you step on my grass.

willitas34
01-10-2008, 12:02 PM
What a douche bag.

He probably just found out wify is out with someone else :P

Will

JERRY
01-10-2008, 12:03 PM
<---- Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this is a repost.

I'd have told him to site me for the sound violation so I could find out who called. Â*The caller legally remains anonymous until your sited ( charges are pressed). Â*Then you can take it up with your neighbor. Â*If he doesn't site you and backs down then you know no1 called and they heard "noise" from far away and just harassed you not knowing if it was really you or not. Â*Then you can get their badge #s and file a complaint.

It's alot of BS to play by their rules .

Yeah, in hindsight to the whole situation, there's many different ways this whole situation could have played out, I didn't really think much of it and just kinda went with whatever it was that I did. At the moment, I think I was more in a "WTF" mindset then worrying about who called or whatever... good idea though, I just dunno if I have the patience to go fight something like this in court.

You should say F*ckoff my private property dickhead. You are soliciting on private property. Let me see your search warrant before you step on my grass.

No point in getting on the cop's bad side until absolutely neccesary, I at least wanted to hear him out before closing the door in his face, literally.

Jerry

lqdchkn
01-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah, in hindsight to the whole situation, there's many different ways this whole situation could have played out,...I think I was more in a "WTF" mindset then worrying about who called or whatever...

True, I know what you mean I almost always can come up with a "shoulda done this" once things calm down abit. :(

redevil9mr
01-10-2008, 09:42 PM
You should get his badge no. and press charges on that mofo.

mtsevovii
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
You should get his badge no. and press charges on that mofo.

:lol:

player67
01-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Dickholio

redevil9mr
01-12-2008, 03:35 PM
You should call that police man a dickhead or PIGS. You should use your wrench and wrench off both of his nuts and stick that wrench up his anal canal. Tell that mofo to use the wrench up his ass and screw himself with it. :D

evo_ate_gsr
01-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Dood you went out like a bitch. :lol:

Jk dood. haha

GreenSpeed
02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
The PoPo are scared of gunshots man, that's why they pick on nice people like us. Keeps them thinking they're 'powerful'. he must have a small pee pee...

IlovemyevoIX
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
The PoPo are scared of gunshots man, that's why they pick on nice people like us. Keeps them thinking they're 'powerful'. he must have a small pee pee...

scaired of gunshots bro, i dont even think they care about gunshots!.....they are powerful, haha NO COMMENT ON THE SMALL PEE PEE!

Sfkn2
02-29-2008, 10:24 AM

WTF????

Jerry

Rofl.

player67
02-29-2008, 11:09 AM

WTF????

Jerry

Rofl.

Wow that was funny enough to make me chuckle in the lab now everyones looking at me weird lol

SavageEvo8
02-29-2008, 11:13 AM

WTF????

Jerry

Rofl.

Wow that was funny enough to make me chuckle in the lab now everyones looking at me weird lol

lol, i hate that feeling

player67
02-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Lol naw Im cool with it happens alot while Im surfing NCE in here. Theres some dude blasting music through his earphones so Im sure people are irritated at him currently

SavageEvo8
02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
lol, yah , i tend to have a hrd time keeping laughs down sometimes... my wife gets frustrated with it a little too

DruMMinStUd06
03-03-2008, 11:54 PM
sell your bikes and buy a harley with straight pipes and see that cop says...

probably give you a compliment :roll:

:x i'll never understand that...those harley's get away with making people deaf. is that legal or did i miss something?

DoggDicker
03-03-2008, 11:56 PM
It's legal...as they have different requirements than kaa's...but it's not right...

DD

JERRY
03-04-2008, 11:58 AM
It's legal...as they have different requirements than kaa's...but it's not right...

DD

I think cars have a legal limit of 95dB, and bikes are at 102dB, which isn't far off from the car's limit. HDs get away with it because they are older white people, just like older muscle cars. My bike is loud, REALLY loud, but not as bad as some HDs I've seen or ridden next to (passing) before. I'm always eyeballed by cops, and the HD guys never get a second glance.

jerry