PDA

View Full Version : Suspension kits

uhoh_evo
01-18-2004, 04:04 PM
i know some of you here are auto-xers. just wondering what you have in your cars. i know a prelude with a kit that can take an S-turn in my town at 100 and i barely attempted ~98 and could feel my weight being heavily distributed to one side of the car. keep in mind this was w/ 3 other people keeping my car grounded a little more.

vtluu
01-18-2004, 04:59 PM
So far every Evo I've seen at autocross (about 6-7 total) has been bone-stock or almost. The Evo handles exceptionally well off the lot... Of course there is always room for improvement. I think the most frequent complaint (which is actually not that frequent) is the amount of understeer though it's not that bad; if you wanted to reduce it further you could install a stiffer rear [anti-]sway bar. I think Cusco makes one for the Evo. One other top item on the wishlist of Evo autox-ers is a front LSD (limited-slip differential); I've heard the one from the Evo RS will fit, and also Quaife is making one for the Evo8 as well.

EvolvedDSM
01-19-2004, 09:20 PM
So far every Evo I've seen at autocross (about 6-7 total) has been bone-stock or almost. The Evo handles exceptionally well off the lot... Of course there is always room for improvement. I think the most frequent complaint (which is actually not that frequent) is the amount of understeer though it's not that bad; if you wanted to reduce it further you could install a stiffer rear [anti-]sway bar. I think Cusco makes one for the Evo. One other top item on the wishlist of Evo autox-ers is a front LSD (limited-slip differential); I've heard the one from the Evo RS will fit, and also Quaife is making one for the Evo8 as well.

My sentiments exactly. I'm looking at a rear sway as my only suspension mod. This thing handles too well at an auto-x to start throwing money at it. An RS front LSD will be down the road, but I honestly haven't really wished I had one up to this point ;) Granted I'm an auto-x noob, but I've already managed a couple of trophies in my short career :D