PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: El Cerrito Mitsubishi

dnp607
11-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey All,

I almost got my MR today.. I say almost, because when I arrived to inspect and pickup my "new" 2005 silver MR from Rich at El Cerrito Mitsubishi, it was a total rat-mobile. It was filthy; the hood had deep and very prominent scratches, and there was a sizable dent on the rear quarter panel... I took one look at it and realized they had completely wasted my time. They offered to replace the hood under warranty - that's when I found the quarter panel dent... To make matters worse, they tried to play it off like they didn't know it was damaged! The sales guy said "Let's see if we can buff that out", and his mechanic said "We tried this morning and I told you we couldn't" !! So they made me drive all the way from Los Altos to find out the car was a defect.

These guys are crooked, plain and simple. I suspect they try to unload defects all the time, and are either swapping out parts with other cars like mad or just getting defects and pawning them off. The white MR they had on the floor had a scratched up hood as well, and the shift knob was missing completely. All of their cars were just filthy.

Mitsubishi will be getting a letter from me, as will the BBB...

Anyway, I hope this message steers others away from the same fate. The damaged car in question was VIN# JA3AH86D35U015449 in case they try to pawn it to someone else. The price they quoted me was 300 over invoice (37k out the door). Buyer beware.

Regards,
-Dan

11-09-2004, 04:37 PM
lol dun buy the evo out side the shwo room, cuz the silver mr been test drive alot. i was one of the peeps test drive it. they test drve it with out mercy, redlien that suker too, el cerito is kool if u have patient dealing with them. but never buy any evo from them if it more than 10 miles on the car.

dnp607
11-09-2004, 04:49 PM
but never buy any evo from them if it more than 10 miles on the car.

The silver MR I noted above had 8 miles on the odometer. Scary.

-D

wilson1
11-09-2004, 05:02 PM
dnp607

Just go to San Rafael Mitsu, Snorre is the Man,
And stop wasting your time!!!!

MarkSAE
11-09-2004, 07:01 PM
I swear you're like a walking advertisement for San Rafael Mitsu Wilson!! j/k..

eyescreame
11-11-2004, 02:17 AM
Hey All,

I almost got my MR today.. I say almost, because when I arrived to inspect and pickup my "new" 2005 silver MR from Rich at El Cerrito Mitsubishi, it was a total rat-mobile. It was filthy; the hood had deep and very prominent scratches, and there was a sizable dent on the rear quarter panel... I took one look at it and realized they had completely wasted my time. They offered to replace the hood under warranty - that's when I found the quarter panel dent... To make matters worse, they tried to play it off like they didn't know it was damaged! The sales guy said "Let's see if we can buff that out", and his mechanic said "We tried this morning and I told you we couldn't" !! So they made me drive all the way from Los Altos to find out the car was a defect.

These guys are crooked, plain and simple. I suspect they try to unload defects all the time, and are either swapping out parts with other cars like mad or just getting defects and pawning them off. The white MR they had on the floor had a scratched up hood as well, and the shift knob was missing completely. All of their cars were just filthy.

Anyway, I hope this message steers others away from the same fate. The damaged car in question was VIN# JA3AH86D35U015449 in case they try to pawn it to someone else. The price they quoted me was 300 over invoice (37k out the door). Buyer beware.

Regards,
-Dan

wow, sorry to hear about your experience, Dan. didn't mean to send you to a long drive only to find that the car is damaged. I got my car from there right off the truck. yeah, I know what you mean by them not being too straight. I guess we'll just have to be smart about buying cars, good luck with your search. Keep me updated on how it goes.

nebolic
11-11-2004, 10:26 AM
haha I had a similiar experience. The dealership that I have a good relationship with hired some new kid, I guess he went through the customer list and saw my name down for the MR. Well the kid called me up and told me he had the MR in stock and made an appointment with me to come down. Went down there to check it out, dumb kid tells me and southerncrane, oh we don't have it here, but we have it in our Sister store.

I'm like WTF you god damn moron. and on top of that he tries to talk to Southerncrane and I about the MR being the same as the regular EVO's they just have different rims and interior. I laughed at the sucker and pointed out the many differences. Needless to say, he was embarassed and tried to play it off.

A week later, the manager that I usually deal with called me with an update on the MR. I told him about that dumb kid and what he did. They apologized and I believe that dumb kid don't work there no more.

It's not really the dealership that is bad, its the people they hire.

Nebo
:)

P.S I guess it was a good thing, cause had they had the MR when I walked in, it would've been an impulsive decision and I would be driving a MR. hehehe

SouthernCrane
11-11-2004, 10:28 AM
haha I had a similiar experience. The dealership that I have a good relationship with hired some new kid, I guess he went through the customer list and saw my name down for the MR. Well the kid called me up and told me he had the MR in stock and made an appointment with me to come down. Went down there to check it out, dumb kid tells me and southerncrane, oh we don't have it here, but we have it in our Sister store.

I'm like WTF you god damn moron. and on top of that he tries to talk to Southerncrane and I about the MR being the same as the regular EVO's they just have different rims and interior. I laughed at the sucker and pointed out the many differences. Needless to say, he was embarassed and tried to play it off.

A week later, the manager that I usually deal with called me with an update on the MR. I told him about that dumb kid and what he did. They apologized and I believe that dumb kid don't work there no more.

It's not really the dealership that is bad, its the people they hire.

Nebo
:)

P.S I guess it was a good thing, cause had they had the MR when I walked in, it would've been an impulsive decision and I would be driving a MR. hehehe

hahaha, I remember that.... :lol: If you don't know about the car, just say so........

dnp607
11-11-2004, 07:48 PM
wow, sorry to hear about your experience, Dan. didn't mean to send you to a long drive only to find that the car is damaged. I got my car from there right off the truck. yeah, I know what you mean by them not being too straight. I guess we'll just have to be smart about buying cars, good luck with your search. Keep me updated on how it goes.

No harm done Jack - I appreciate your help in any case. It's really their loss - I just don't get what they were trying to do there... I'll find another dealer and start the search again next week. Homework is killing me at the moment, so it's back to the real world 'til later ;-)

-D

lancerboy
11-11-2004, 09:11 PM

No harm done Jack - I appreciate your help in any case. It's really their loss - I just don't get what they were trying to do there... I'll find another dealer and start the search again next week. Homework is killing me at the moment, so it's back to the real world 'til later ;-)

-Dconsider veracom mitsubishi in san mateo. they have honest and friendly staff. look for francis de castro.

jbenosa
11-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Those cats at El Cerrito Mitsu are a bunch of idiots! I almost got into three fights there as all they do is try and play games. They are a bunch of worthless punks! I told this to Eric Anderson at San Rafael Mitsu and he tells me he gets all kinds of calls from them asking him all types nonsensical questions.

Das Evolution
12-24-2004, 04:25 PM
I got mine from el cerrito. I got it right off the truck, but b4 he got another one for me i say i don't like that one it has 200 mileage in there already, and ask me for 36k out the door for that i was like screw that. I told them the only way i would buy it. When it really all brand new, like 2 mile is okay but not dam 200 mileage. Alot of people test drive on it already, test drive car is alway the worst car to buy. :x so best of all don't go to el cerrito. they just waste ur time.

TogueMonster
02-11-2005, 01:26 AM
I guess if I really had to give someone advice on where to go to get a Mitsubishi, Evo or whatever, I would say no to Fresno Mitsu. I wasnt a very smart buyer when I got the first two cars from them. But then again, at the time there wasnt a Selma Mitsubishi. Fresno Mitsu just doesnt have a very good reputation for customer service. I have heard some of the horror stories. I even worked there as a salesman for four whole days. Long enough for me to say this isnt the place for me. Anyways, long story short, look elsewhere. They may have a large selection of Evos here in the Valley, but, buy elsewhere for less. I, fortunately, got my Evo for under MSRP even though it was a limited edition color. Otherwise, I would look for a larger dealership that is capable of whoring out cars for cheap. Who better to haggle a salesman than a salesman? I got my Evo for 32K, with 2K negative equity on my Eclipse trade in, plus tax, $37K. My payments are $610 with ZERO OUT OF POCKET DOWN for 72 mos. Lowest possible interest rate, especially on a 72 month payment plan.

evo8dustu
03-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey All,

Regards,
-Dan

wow. im pretty sure i bought that car. the scratces in the hood, are still there and the dent in the rear panel is still there to this day. they told me they would try and buff it out as well. i bought my car nov 21 04. i agree, el cerrito mitsubishi is crooked. do not buy from them or get servicing done from them.

Jay
03-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Let me ask ask a few questions and see whats up with that.

SpeedElement
03-07-2006, 07:26 PM
south coast mitsubishi has a good inventory of RS, GSR, and MR EVOs. check it out if you are looking for one.. their prices are CHEAP!

evo8dustu
03-07-2006, 08:50 PM

yeah,i just checked my vin#, its same as the one he stated. i bought my car back in november 2004, from a guy named jack holmes. pretty sure hes gone by now. but the dent on the rear is still there, and the scratches on the hood are still there. do you know if i can get this fixed? even though its been over a year?

wilson1
03-07-2006, 09:14 PM

yeah,i just checked my vin#, its same as the one he stated. i bought my car back in november 2004, from a guy named jack holmes. pretty sure hes gone by now. but the dent on the rear is still there, and the scratches on the hood are still there. do you know if i can get this fixed? even though its been over a year?

So you bought the car without inspecting it? :?

evo8dustu
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM
well i found the dent in the side panel. it was pretty obvious. but the scratches in the hood i didnt notice until the next day.

Jay
03-08-2006, 08:32 PM
if its been a year..probly not.
and I dont think there is a "Jack Holmes" there any more.
you should have done a due bill on it and had everything in writing.

evo8dustu
03-08-2006, 08:37 PM
if its been a year..probly not.
and I dont think there is a "Jack Holmes" there any more.
you should have done a due bill on it and had everything in writing.

yeah, i really didnt notice the scratches on the hood till i got home.

EvoRicer
03-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey Man, the scratches on the hood can be buffed out. Just get a detail done...should come out no problem. As for the dent, take it to a dent shop and they can probably hit it out. I got a small ding on my Black Evo a while ago and a dent shop hammered it out for 20 bucks. didnt leave any cracks in the paint or anything.

evo8dustu
03-08-2006, 08:54 PM
yeah, i tried to buff it out my self, but the scratches are actually pretty deep. and the dent im planning to take out at dent day at gruppe s :lol:

mtsevovii
03-08-2006, 08:55 PM
or you could go to the gruppe-s meet on march 18th.

edit. oops you posted a second before i did. :lol:

evo8dustu
03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
lol eyah, i was relieved when i heard gruppe-s was having a dent day :lol:

Damanc
05-04-2006, 11:51 PM
I bought my 03 TB from Dan at El Ceritos used dealership in fairfield. They treated me well Rich was there for a while and was manager (I think) when I bought mine. They even worked with me when the TC started whining 10 mins after I had left the lot (while going to pick up the Down payment). The TC was replaced and the TSBs were applied to my tranny.

A dealership I will never go to is Barber mitsu in Fairfield. The shoddy service work that was done on my car there has left me with a severe dislike for that dealership.

dohcvtec
05-05-2006, 09:49 AM
A dealership I will never go to is Barber mitsu in Fairfield.
I totally agree. I went there when I was first looking at buying this car and they were VERY PUSHY.

Damanc
07-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Another dealership story. My little brother told me that winter honda in Pittsburg has a blue Evo. I went there to check it out because I really wanted an EB evo over a TB one. Turns out it was a BBY. The fun part was while I was looking at it to see how much they were marking it up (22,750 for a 75000+ mile Evo) a sales man walked up talking about how I should buy a car like this (he musta missed me pulling up directly across the street from the car in my Evo) I told him they would have to pay me to take it seeing as how I had one of my own. He says but ours is an 03 whats yours like a 99 (I didnt laugh directly in his face I just kind of chuckled a bit) I started looking closer and begin noticing little things like a hole drilled in the dash near the steering column, the shift knob is diffirent and there was paint dripped on the passenger side headlight. I am pointing this out when he points to the stock spoiler and says this one has this black stuff on the wing :shock: and the big brake kit too :lol: I couldnt help myself any more I start pointing to things and I tell him The spoiler is carbon fibre and it is Stock, the brakes.... STock, the seats STOck, the wheels STOCk and the MOMO wheel STOCK! Deflated and with no chance of a sale he says to me, so you guys (Evo owners) know a lot about these cars huh? I said to him yea its kind of an obsession with some of us, and he went on his merry little way.

BigEd925
07-26-2006, 10:01 PM
lol thats a joke.

ek9_evo9
07-27-2006, 06:51 AM
i think it would help if these people actually learn about the car they are selling instead of bsing around.

one thing i hate about sales tactics is the BS. i can understand the tell the truth but not the whole truth as i am a salesman myself part time, but the whole ill lie myself through the sale just pisses me off.

Damanc
07-27-2006, 07:49 PM
I feel that to sell cars you should have an intimate knowledge of the main brand you sell, and at least attempt to learn the basics about the competition. In short, in a perfect world only car enthusiasts would sell cars, and when they made a sale they would grill you like a father sending his daughter on her first date.

jayfi21
07-28-2006, 03:55 PM
i went there before and Rich tride the same thing with me

RgistRdShowoffIX
08-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Before El Cerrito got sold by Simon to whoever owns "East Bay Mitsu" now I was about to get an Evo from them...well attempted. Guy Brian who helped me and my friend was trying to tell us that the MR IX somehow got an extra 50 horsepower over the base IX and RS. My friend and I looked at eachother and smiled hella wide and I just sed "sure it does".

We end up walking out after 10 minutes of BS.....

This was back in December.

e8
08-20-2006, 09:27 PM
test drove a AS IX GSR from them and the salesman proceeded to tell me that the extra weight in the GSR actually made it faster than the RS. at the time, i was thinking about getting a WW RS.

"yeah, you feel that when you get on it, you feel how the back of the car squats down as you accelerate? you wouldn't get that feeling in an RS" :lol:

Damanc
08-21-2006, 12:44 AM
I picked my car up from FIA on saturday. Sam had been keeping in contact with me for most of the time my car was with him. What his guys found when they started the clutch install was a severe leak a bent coverplate and a missing screw on the bottom of the transmission and a missing o ring on the transfer case. I asked him if he thought that this could have happened through rough driving ( because I am not exactly a grandma when I have a country road to myself). Sam told me no then he asked me if I had had the tranny and TC out of the car, I said that El Cereto Mitsu had warrantied my TC 2 times and he said that an improper instalation was the likely culprit. So now I am going to have to try to get my money back from them somehow. I am betting that wont happen without small claims court.

Jay
08-21-2006, 05:43 PM
El Cerrito Mitsibishi is no longer, Simon sold it to another group of inversters.
So if you have any issues from EC mitsu, your only contact is Golden State Mitsu in Sac, as Simon still owns that one.

editya some of the salespeople there are clueless about evos, but im trying to teach them...

RgistRdShowoffIX
08-22-2006, 05:54 PM
An associate from accross the street says they know nothing about cars in general. =\

ApexSillver06MR
04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
yup.. mr tito is good. the owners daughter calls me up saying that they had an AS evo9. i was loke ...oooohhhh girl. she was all flirty at the store and everything and on the phone. needless to say. tito was the man with me.. hey tito whassup with that poker night that yall used to throw. i wanna be there. also is the owners daughter still with that dude from ny? lol.. i did see that guy in fairfield once in a new eclipse. he thought he was gonna stand a chance against the all mighty evo....well yeah

mr humberto is the shit over there. i was origionally talking to a black guy there the first time i came in. he sucked....didnt know what he was talking about....mr washington..

joshesh
04-26-2007, 08:02 AM
hey tito, is your dealership mod friendly for service?

ApexSillver06MR
04-26-2007, 08:39 AM
hes a cool guy. i would give him a call

evo8dustu
04-26-2007, 08:51 AM
hey tito, is your dealership mod friendly for service?

hell no they voided my shit the moment my car drove up their driveway...

ApexSillver06MR
04-26-2007, 09:46 AM
damn. i have wheel weights that look like they fell off. but i did notice some other ct9a's like this. can someone confirm. they said that they will take care of it